Photo

New Install Instructions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:32 PM

Has anyone yet successfully installed a new version of BP? With the updated versions of BGT, TDD, SoS, TS, etc?

If so, is there a new install guide around somewhere, or would someone who knows how consent to create one?

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:03 PM

I suspect only Horred has done this. Because BP 1.70 doesn't exist yet for the rest of us! So no, you will have to wait until he released that before anyone can start working on documentation.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:40 PM

I decided to try myself, without a net. hopefully this, plus feedback, can serve as the nucleus for an eventual "sticky" guide....

1) Install BGII-SoA and ToB and the final ToB Patch. Start game at least once.
2) Install BG1 at the location C:\Baldur. Start game at least once.
3) Install WeiDU version of Baldurdash - ToB.
4) Unpack SoS WeiDU, then SoS WeiDU patch, then install SoS WeiDU.
5) Unpack TDD WeiDU, then TDD WeiDU patch, then install TDD WeiDU (I skipped the kits, but that's optional)
6) Unpack TS WeiDU, then TS WeiDU patch, then install TS WeiDU (I installed ONLY TS and the sounds/areas, thinking I could add the others later if they weren't supplied elsewhere)
7) Unzip bgt_mk3_112.

(that's as far as I got tonight, will continue tomorrow)

On Edit: well, if it won't work until 1.7, then I'm wasting time...

Edited by bpfan, 09 March 2005 - 09:57 PM.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:47 PM

Bpfan,

You problem with this logic is that the final dialog.tlk file you need will come from the BGT-BP-NeJ-310 installer. That will be installed on top of all these Weidu mods. That breaks up the concept of Weidu being able to uninstall certain mods because it wouldn't know what string references to remove. Also, by laying the 310 installer on top of everything else, you are re-introducing the bugs that the Weidu versions may have fixed (such as the TDD spell bugs).

As of today, you can build a game with TDD, SoS, TS (the 6.0 version) and maybe even add BGT but without the BGT-BP patches, I am not sure how far you are going to get in the game. Remember that one of the first patches Hlid made for BGT-BP (the G1 patch) was to fix the weird fireplace animations. I would expect that bug to be back in your game if you tried your method.

Lastly, which mod will give you the final Worldmap? That is also in a BGT-BP patch (unless you install BoneHill or NTotSC which have the latest versions).

So in the end, I think you are going to have a game that is so buggy, it would be better to stick with the original installation. Having said that, if you are already into an install, lets here what the results are. I would be very curious to see how right or wrong I am on this (for reasons you will hear about in a few months).

Classic Adventures

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 04:19 PM

Has anyone yet successfully installed a new version of BP? With the updated versions of BGT, TDD, SoS, TS, etc?

Well with BGT-WeiDU-0.9BETA finished, I do have what you desire somewhat installed. My order was:

TDD-WeiDU (with the YahooGroups fix)
SoS-WeiDU (with the YahooGroups fix)
TSv600 (with the YahooGroups fix, I really don't know how v601 will work because the .tp2 file would likely have changed, and Horred did major changes to the v600 one) -- skip the ANIMATIONS installation for NeJ
NeJ2 v21b
BGT-WeiDU

There is also a list of files that BGT-WeiDU has conflicts with. They are listed in the readme as well as the BGT-WeiDU thread somewhere. Basically, since BGT-WeiDU is installed last, it will be preserved and whatever it overwrites will compromise the earlier installed mods.

All said, my advice is if you would like to bugtest and don't mind getting frustrated rarely/often/always because there are few/some/heaps of gamebreaking bugs, then try it out. Otherwise, do what SirBillyBob says and stick to the original.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:01 AM

Lastly, which mod will give you the final Worldmap?  That is also in a BGT-BP patch (unless you install BoneHill or NTotSC which have the latest versions).

View Post

Well I do have a suggestion where to get the final worldmap ;)

#7 russ

russ

bilbo_faramir

• 78 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 07:18 AM

Bpfan,

Having said that, if you are already into an install, lets here what the results are.  I would be very curious to see how right or wrong I am on this (for reasons you will hear about in a few months).

View Post

Is this a tease? Something's happening in a few months? Curious minds are, well, curious.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:35 PM

No comment, yet.

Classic Adventures