• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Faison

Faison
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:34 PM

First off let me say hello.

Hello!!

While rummaging around all my game cds, I rediscovered my BG I and BG II discs. The bug bit me to replay both games with their expansions back to back. So I reinstalled them both.

As I was searching the internet for the latest patches and fixes, I came across these forums about a week ago. Upon reading several of the forums I discover that a multitude of "new" mods had been developed since the last time I had played both games, which was when they first went gold .

Upon research I realized that all these mods had been out for quite some time and the one that seemed the most intiguing was BGT. I really like the idea of playing the game from Candlekeep to to the end of ToB. Reading further, BP and some of the other mods caught my eye and from my understanding they are compatible with BGT.

So here is the question:

I have downloaded alot of different files and I'd like to be sure I do this right. So what I'm getting at is, what order should these files be installed and am I missing any.

Obviously I am trying for BP-BGT-DSotSC, but also would like NTotSC, SoBH and Sirines Call installed as well.

Here's the list of files that I've downloaded so far and believe this is the right order:

bgt_mk3_112
BGT-Install
DSotSC4BGT-BPv15
NTotSCv01CoreFiles
NTotSCv01MainFiles
SirinesCall_v2_BGT
BoneHill18BGT-BP

I also have these but not sure when to add them in:

MK1-MK3_1.13-fixes
BP-BGTv311
lost_files
patch_snares
BP-BGT-File-Checker041b

So at any rate can anyone give me a bit of guidence. I really want to be sure I get it right.

I know everyones thinking, Damn Noob! Yup, your right, but remember you were too once.

Thanks,

Fais

P.S. Sorry about the extremely long post.

Edited by Faison, 10 March 2005 - 09:39 PM.

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

Read this and this and this and get it here

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:44 PM

Read this and this and this and get it here

View Post

Hi Chev, two of your links point to the same direction :whistling: guess you wanted to point to one of the install guides...

I'll add a quote from another post I made, hope this helps:

Just some tips to get you started:
- my favorite install instructions are from Ascension64 and can be found here
- a good place to download the required packages is the black wyrm (they have all the files you'll need)
- when downloading it is strongly advised that you use a download manager, my favourite is netants
- if you are bored while downloading - scan the forums, lots of useful info there  B)

#4 Faison

Faison
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:09 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Chevalier and Yacomo. The links from both of you were stellar in making me comprehend what to do.

But ya see, only thing is, I'm trying to avoid the NeJ mod. As I understand it, it is Icewind Dale and Heart of Winter, right? I haven't played those yet and wanted to play them in their original version before doing any mods on them or of them.

So what steps should I leave out from say Ascension64's Install Guide to avoid Any problems. And if I need to install Nej to make BP-BGT work let me know please.

Also in the install guides that you both linked I noticed several TS files and patches were mentioned. Can I use the TSv601.rar, which said it was a Weidu compatible latest version, and if so how does that change the install.

Thanks again.

Fais

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:33 AM

But ya see, only thing is, I'm trying to avoid the NeJ mod.  As I understand it,  it is Icewind Dale and Heart of Winter, right?  I haven't played those yet and wanted to play them in their original version before doing any mods on them or of them.

Unfortunately, at the moment, you have to install it otherwise everything will screw up. However, in the game you can avoid it by not entering the portal in the room immediately north of the prison cells where you get tortured by Irenicus at the start of Shadows of Amn

So what steps should I leave out from say Ascension64's Install Guide to avoid Any problems.  And if I need to install Nej to make BP-BGT work let me know please.

Apart from the CLEANUP section, it is a do-or-die guide. You MUST follow every single step. (I hope I haven't left everything out -- that guide was made for a very long time ago, and it doesn't have S&H Patch 6)

Also in the install guides that you both linked I noticed several TS files and patches were mentioned.  Can I use the TSv601.rar, which said it was a Weidu compatible latest version, and if so how does that change the install.

No you must use TS5.01 and all the patches up to 5.05 (do not use 506).

Edited by Ascension64, 11 March 2005 - 02:45 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:44 AM

But ya see, only thing is, I'm trying to avoid the NeJ mod.  As I understand it,  it is Icewind Dale and Heart of Winter, right?  I haven't played those yet and wanted to play them in their original version before doing any mods on them or of them.

View Post

Faison,

NeJ1, which is no longer supported, is compatible with BP-BGT, but contains only the first 2 chapters of IWD1 (through Dragon's Eye). NeJ2 adds the Severed Hand, but is not yet compatible with BP-BGT. So the bulk of IWD/HoW is not included, at this time, in the NeJ mods. I believe it is still Vlad's intent to eventually add the rest of IWD/HoW/TotL, but it may be years before that is done.

So don't install NeJ2, and if you have to install NeJ1, it's easy to skip if you prefer.

Or, you can just go ahead and play IWD/HoW/TotL before diving back into BP. If you start now, you may just have time to complete it before Horred kicks BP 1.7 out the door....

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:31 PM

What I don't see listed from you are the BP mods. You have to have all of them also. Therefore, you need TDD and patch, SoS and patch, TS and patchs, BP itself, and you can also use the Ease-Of-Use mod (only the approved sections). Don't forget that BoneHill is now at patch 1.9 and NTotSC is at .02. ;)

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone,

Ascension64,

Double thanks. I really appreciate your taking the time to originally create an installation guide to BP-BGT-Nej. Too many modding communities assume that newer members can figure out how to install their mods. Also the heads up on TS's patches was very helpful and saved me anguish and time. Well, mostly except for the 8 hours to download all the additional files.

bpfan,

Thanks for the heads up on the Nej mod. It's gonna be real tough not to go through the portal, but I'll refrain from it. That's why I've always played a thief character in AD&D, always had a problem with locked doors, :D. I got into more trouble that way.

Sir BillyBob,

Beautiful! Thanks for saving me from some gray hairs. I would have been a little put out had I gone through that whole install ordeal and then realized I didn't have some of the mods I was trying for. About the patches for SoBH and NTotSC, The Black Worm IEGMC doesn't seem to have them at all, so a little push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Also what order and when do you recommend to install DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH, and Sirines Call? I'll be following Ascension64's Install Guide to the tee.

Again, thanks everyone, including those of you who viewed and didn't post. It's real nice to be in a community that doesn't berate or belittle a newcomer. I got a feeling I'm gonna hang around for a while.

Fais

#9 Faison

Faison
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:19 PM

Oops gotta remember to log in. That was me up there.

Fais

Edited by Faison, 11 March 2005 - 10:21 PM.

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:22 PM

All I can say is Good Luck. :thumb:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#11 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

Looking forward to seeing you here more. Check this server for the files.

Edited by Chevalier, 11 March 2005 - 10:24 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#12 Faison

Faison
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 12:28 AM

Hit a small snag everyone. It seems that the link that I found for the VB6 Package downloads a corrupt file in the .rar. Does anyone know where i can get a uncorrupted file.

Fais

#13 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 12:37 AM

Try this

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#14 Faison

Faison
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 12:46 AM

Awesome. Dude if you're ever in Orlando, Florida, l'm buy the fisrt dozen rounds.

Thanks,

Fais

Edited by Faison, 12 March 2005 - 12:47 AM.

#15 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:41 AM

Damn, I was just there this week for a meeting.

Anyway, The BGT mods (DSotSC, NTotSC, BoneHill, etc) should all be installed after you have the BGT-BP mod up and running. The only requirement for there order is that DSotSC has to be installed before NTotSC (note the HAS, you can't skip DSotSC). BoneHill can be installed before or after these two mods. Grey Clan and Sirine's Call can be installed at anytime after the BGT-BP build also. If you also want the BG1NPC dialog mod, you have to install that before DSotSC (there is an install problem otherwise).

For now, I recommend you leave CtB (Check the Bodies) out of the mix until you are comfortable with the whole install process. We still have some quirks with getting that mod to work with the rest.

Last mods to install would be Yacomo's new Worldmap and Ease-Of-Use (selected sections).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#16 Faison

Faison
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:08 AM

Hey everyone,

Once again let me thank everyone that helped out. I got it all installed and the game is up and running perfectly so far. I haven't come across any strang bugs yet. If I do I'll come by and ask how to fix them up.