Photo

Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 T.D.K

T.D.K
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:47 PM

Okie dokie finally had the time this weekend to get this installed. I downloaded version 6, started with a Clean NWN server install, installed everything as instructed.

Here's my issues.

As a note, I made no changes to the module itself before my initial test.

1. Can't seem to run the sever using NWNX2, the program comes up and attempts to launch nwserver.exe which only appears on the screen for a few seconds then crashes, NWNX2 will then try and restart it every 5 seconds, and each time it just takes a dump.

2. I can launch the game using nwn-mysql.exe this seems to launch the game fine, I was able to use the dummy module to prep the database, and then switch back to the main module and everything launches ok, uses a good amout of processor power, but at least it launched.

3. Random encounters, I got attacked by mosters in a random encounter resting in a room at the INN in Benzor. This happened twice, the first time the monsters actually appeared, the second time I got the warning but never got attacked.

4. Death. One of the first things I did was test the problem I had with the old non-PRC version of the world. When a player dies and goes to the Nexus Plane and then decides to leave the game hoping that another player can raise them later, and then another player picks up thier corpse goes to the cleric and ressurects them, the game says that the player is not in the world but will be alive when they return. But the problem is that when that player does return they are not alive they are still stuck in the Nexus Plane. This problem seems to still exist with this version of the module.

5. New death issue. When choosing to come back to life by talking to the spirit in the Nexus Plane you come back to either where you died or the Gateway, but players aren't getting soul stones, or EXP losses.

Sorry, hate to rain on the parade :(

-TDK

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:38 PM

Okie dokie finally had the time this weekend to get this installed.  I downloaded version 6, started with a Clean NWN server install, installed everything as instructed.

Here's my issues.

As a note, I made no changes to the module itself before my initial test.

1.  Can't seem to run the sever using NWNX2, the program comes up and attempts to launch nwserver.exe which only appears on the screen for a few seconds then crashes, NWNX2 will then try and restart it every 5 seconds, and each time it just takes a dump.

2. I can launch the game using nwn-mysql.exe this seems to launch the game fine, I was able to use the dummy module to prep the database, and then switch back to the main module and everything launches ok, uses a good amout of processor power, but at least it launched.

3.  Random encounters,  I got attacked by mosters in a random encounter resting in a room at the INN in Benzor.  This happened twice, the first time the monsters actually appeared, the second time I got the warning but never got attacked.

4. Death.  One of the first things I did was test the problem I had with the old non-PRC version of the world.  When a player dies and goes to the Nexus Plane and then decides to leave the game hoping that another player can raise them later, and then another player picks up thier corpse goes to the cleric and ressurects them, the game says that the player is not in the world but will be alive when they return.  But the problem is that when that player does return they are not alive they are still stuck in the Nexus Plane.  This problem seems to still exist with this version of the module.

5.  New death issue.  When choosing to come back to life by talking to the spirit in the Nexus Plane you come back to either where you died or the Gateway, but players aren't getting soul stones, or EXP losses.

Sorry, hate to rain on the parade :(

-TDK

View Post

Hmm, sounds like some install issues. My best offhand guess is database issues. None of these problems are appearing in other versions, that I know of. Get version 7, it's set up with a whole different list of proggies to use--actually simpler, and faster. Should be available later tonight. ;)

#3 T.D.K

T.D.K
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 12:15 AM

Will Do

Do me a big favor and test that death issue on your side....
It's easily done, just make a dummy character and get it killed.
Then drop off the server and go back in with a differenct character, pickup the body and ressurect it. Then go back in with the dummy char and see if it's still stuck in the Nexus.

I'd Feel much better knowing that it's just me and that it works for someone else.

Edited by T.D.K, 13 March 2005 - 12:15 AM.