Photo

computer or xbox?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:40 AM

I have Morrowind and Morrowind GOTY for Xbox. My friend tells me that the mods are half the fun and you need it for computer to play them. I've completely given up on GOTY for Xbox because load times are 10 times longer and it locks up every 5 minutes. Does that happen to everyone? Does it happen on computer too? Should I buy Morrowind or Morrowind GOTY for computer just for the mods? What are the best mods out there? I am always limiting myself by not paying trainers, using certain types of weapons or enchantments, etc., to make the game an actual challenge. Are there any mods that balance it? I tried researching the mods and came up with pretty much nothing. I don't even know where to look for good ones.

#2 Garumn

Garumn
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:35 AM

Hello there, go to www.rpgplanet.com and choose morrowind on the right side.Morrowind Summit is one of the best websites on the net with mods.I post quite often in the forums as well.I advice you to get morrowind for PC as Xbox just doesnt cut it.If you ve got a good Pc intall a texture pack mod and Forrested Morrowind mod, they add some graphical tweeks(v.atmosperic).The the best mod on the net is Sea of Destiny, massive add on which adds about 40 cells of land to the morrowind, and its very proffesionaly done.
Here you find my own gallery with some pics of me.Enjoy

http://www.blackdagg...t=500&password=

#3 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:01 AM

Thanks. I guess I'll just keep playing it on my Xbox until someone convinces me otherwise.

#4 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:47 PM

Morrowind is much better on PC, not only because you get much better graphics (they had to beat and tie up the game to get it to run on the Xbox) but also because of the many, many decent mods. Of course there are thousands of mods which are stupid and/or unnecesary, but thats irrelevant. If you want something which aims to re-balance the game, try this: http://www.rpgplanet...dventurers.html

The game is still unstable on PC, but it certainly doesnt crash every 5 minutes and (for me at least) the load times are minimal (usually around or under 5 seconds)
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#5 -owner of modded xbox-

-owner of modded xbox-

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:28 AM

You can add mods on xbox if you have evox, TESDTK and ftp connection! But not all mods are supported

#6 Matthewr16

Matthewr16
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

Loading times in both Oblivion and Morrowind are much lower on the PC. Plus, mods ARE half the game, there are so many amazing Oblivion mods out there, and even more for Morrowind - in fact, I would say Morrowind and NWN have the largest and best modifications around.

-Matt
Marcus, the level 5 Imperial Paladin.
---
[PC User]
2.33Ghz Intel E6550 Core2Duo Processor
2048Mb DDR2 667Mhz RAM (2x1024)
256Mb Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
HP dvd1040 IDE LiteScribe DVD-Recorder
Western Digital 250GB SATA Hard Disk
Maxtor 160GB IDE Hard Disk