24 replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:42 AM

You'll find it here.

I'm getting burned out on this, guys--I'm taking a few days off from modding. If no major issues arise throughout the week, I'll be turning my attention back to the Big Picture for a while. My fans over there are growing increasingly impatient. I owe them a final version of that mod, and I plan to deliver it.

Hopefully this solves all of the major issues. It would be nice for everyone to have a smooth, fun, playing experience. Cheers!

#2 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:52 AM

Thx horred, you the man. One quick question, was this just a mod change or do i have to install this version again on my gaming machine then upload all the new files to my server. It is a pain in the a$$ to do it this way, but if all i have to do is upload just the mod file it makes it alittle bit easier.

Just a suggestion for possible future releases, any way of making this a rar file with no installer for those of us that runn dedicated servers only. You already do ALOT so if this is a pain in any way forget it, i can deal with the pain on my end.

#3 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:57 AM

Downloading :w00t:

Many Thnx Horred!!!! :)

Hopefully this Version is my road to success :rolleyes:

#4 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:26 AM

Excellent News, I am downloading v8 now.

And you deserve a break from the MOD, and a well earned rest. Take some time out and enjoy yourself :)

And I feel the same about this MOD, so i for one, totally understand your "Big Picture" fans wanting you back :)

Cheers once again
udoh
:)

#5 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:34 AM

Excellent News, I am downloading v8 now.

And you deserve a break from the MOD, and a well earned rest.  Take some time out and enjoy yourself :)

And I feel the same about this MOD, so i for one, totally understand your "Big Picture" fans wanting you back :)

Cheers once again
udoh

View Post

Mucho props, Horred. Your work is greatly appreciated!

:thumb:

#6 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:50 AM

Thx horred, you the man. One quick question, was this just a mod change or do i have to install this version again on my gaming machine then upload all the new files to my server. It is a pain in the a$$ to do it this way, but if all i have to do is upload just the mod file it makes it alittle bit easier.

Just a suggestion for possible future releases, any way of making this a rar file with no installer for those of us that runn dedicated servers only. You already do ALOT so if this is a pain in any way forget it, i can deal with the pain on my end.

View Post

I save the download to a folder, right click and extract it to a folder, go in that folder and right click on the .exe and tell it to extract that. Then you get the files broke apart and don't need to run the installer.

Ooops, almost forgot -- Yay Horred!!!!

Edited by GrapeApe, 16 March 2005 - 10:50 AM.

#7 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:13 PM

Found I was still having probs with the Trondor Inn and the goblin part of the 2 part quest. I fixed it and heres a link to a zip with 2 .erf patches:

http://nwn.brytesun....-updates-v8.zip

GrapeApe

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:46 PM

Found I was still having probs with the Trondor Inn and the goblin part of the 2 part quest.  I fixed it and heres a link to a zip with 2 .erf patches:

Dose this fix the fact i can rest in the inn but it still flags me as needing rest?

#9 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:37 PM

Found I was still having probs with the Trondor Inn and the goblin part of the 2 part quest.  I fixed it and heres a link to a zip with 2 .erf patches:

Dose this fix the fact i can rest in the inn but it still flags me as needing rest?

View Post

I believe so. I rested properly and tried resting after leaving the inn and it said I needed to wait cuz i wasn't tired. I waited and rested later.

#10 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:08 AM

View Post

I believe so. I rested properly and tried resting after leaving the inn and it said I needed to wait cuz i wasn't tired. I waited and rested later.

View Post

Thanks, GrapeApe--I'll get those added in when I come back (along with FF_USING_CNR =1).

Was the problem with the mayor's convo, or the caves itself? I didn't check the caves out.

#11 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:28 AM

It was a problem with the Trondor Cave door's tron_gobcave script that runs in the OnHeartbeat. The code wasn't making me warm and fuzzy so I cleaned out all the gunk, kept it simple, and then it worked. I believe it was triggering the door to be open if a valid pc entered the caves, but then it was testing other creatures and closing the door because they weren't valid, in essence the door never opened. I think I also changed it from looking for dorn_quest_1==2 to trgob_quest_2==1. These should be both set at this time, but it works now.

The boss goblin Grun Bak is waaaay too tuff. Two level 6 fighters and we never hit him once (49ac) and he would hit us for 12-40 dmg every swing, rarely missed. Lvl 16 fighter with 272hp, not that that mattered cuz we never hit him ;) I'm going to tone him down on my server for now.

Another thing: In hc_defaults that comes with the mod the default setting for DMRESERVE is 2. While this sounds good it's actually opposite of what a DM wants. It limits the server to 2 non-DM players, so if you have a 32person server, there are 2 slots for players and 30 for the DM(s). Set it to 0 by default, DMs can change and erf it for their servers if they want. Or we should look at reversing that variables meaning (i.e. make it logical.)

I'm starting to figure out the layout of this module and some of the extra scripting, so I should be able to start helping bugfix more. Help is on the way!!! :)

#12 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:38 AM

I'm starting to figure out the layout of this module and some of the extra scripting, so I should be able to start helping bugfix more.  Help is on the way!!! :)

View Post

I've been digging a lot too. So count me in. :)

udoh

#13 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 18 March 2005 - 03:30 PM

It was a problem with the Trondor Cave door's tron_gobcave script that runs in the OnHeartbeat.  The code wasn't making me warm and fuzzy so I cleaned out all the gunk, kept it simple, and then it worked.  I believe it was triggering the door to be open if a valid pc entered the caves, but then it was testing other creatures and closing the door because they weren't valid, in essence the door never opened.  I think I also changed it from looking for dorn_quest_1==2 to trgob_quest_2==1.  These should be both set at this time, but it works now.

The boss goblin Grun Bak is waaaay too tuff.  Two level 6 fighters and we never hit him once (49ac) and he would hit us for 12-40 dmg every swing, rarely missed.  Lvl 16 fighter with 272hp, not that that mattered cuz we never hit him ;)  I'm going to tone him down on my server for now.

Another thing: In hc_defaults that comes with the mod the default setting for DMRESERVE is 2.  While this sounds good it's actually opposite of what a DM wants.  It limits the server to 2 non-DM players, so if you have a 32person server, there are 2 slots for players and 30 for the DM(s).  Set it to 0 by default, DMs can change and erf it for their servers if they want.  Or we should look at reversing that variables meaning (i.e. make it logical.) 

I'm starting to figure out the layout of this module and some of the extra scripting, so I should be able to start helping bugfix more.  Help is on the way!!! :)

View Post

that is very odd because in the Normal Nordock PR the DMRESERVE slots set it to how many slots are reserved for DM's not the opposite so in your case say you had 35 players max it would mean 33 players and 2 dm reserved slots... odd that it works like this on this mod .

#14 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:20 PM

is very odd because in the Normal Nordock PR the DMRESERVE slots set it to how many slots are reserved for DM's not the opposite so in your case say you had 35 players max it would mean 33 players and 2 dm reserved slots... odd that it works like this on this mod .

View Post

I've never seen this happen either. I didn't alter any of the HCR code that governs this. I've had 6 people on before, without any such issue. I've seen more than 2 on GrapeApe's server as well.

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:14 AM

when i import the 2 new .erf files do i over write all the files that come up or dont select any?

#16 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 02:08 PM

I've never seen this happen either. I didn't alter any of the HCR code that governs this. I've had 6 people on before, without any such issue. I've seen more than 2 on GrapeApe's server as well.

View Post

I always reset the DMRESERVE to 0 on my server before starting the mod up as players were getting locked out in v3/4 when i didn't.

#17 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 19 March 2005 - 02:36 PM

View Post

I always reset the DMRESERVE to 0 on my server before starting the mod up as players were getting locked out in v3/4 when i didn't.

View Post

Perhaps if yo post the script that governs this from those versions here we can take a look an see why you were recieving this problem. because as horred said he didnt modify those so it should work the way i described

#18 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 19 March 2005 - 02:39 PM

View Post

View Post

Perhaps if yo post the script that governs this from those versions here we can take a look an see why you were recieving this problem. because as horred said he didnt modify those so it should work the way i described

View Post

also if you want horred i can look into and see how the most recent PR has this setup to be set in the nordock.2da file instead , and i can see about getting you the code to do it that way if you want.

#19 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:08 PM

when i import the .erf files do i overwrite the other files or select none?

Also were do i go to change the server details so that its says what hack packs and other installs needed to play?

Edited by muaddib, 19 March 2005 - 03:09 PM.

#20 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:21 PM

I also found a door that dosent go anywere in benzor river valley.The door is labeled "RivvalATS" But dosnt link anywere. Was this an area that was removed or just a missing link, and if so were is it supposed to go?