Photo

How would you like your NPC cooked, sir/madam?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is your preferred "style" of mod NPC? An mod that concentrates on... (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is your preferred "style" of mod NPC? An mod that concentrates on...

1. ...offering something unique, different and/or fresh to the game, even at the expense of game balance (10 votes [20.41%])

Percentage of vote: 20.41%

2. ...believability in the game setting, possibly at the expense of NPC power/usefulness or humour (13 votes [26.53%])

Percentage of vote: 26.53%

3. ...lots of quality dialogue with the PC and NPCs, even if that means not much "action" (21 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

4. ...extensive extra quests and items, even if this means a game which seems to concentrate on the new NPC too much (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

5. ...compatibility with most existing mod conversions and other NPCs, even if compatibility checks mean the mod isn't as extensive as it could have been (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

6. ...quests and interactions that are intelligent and challenging and make you think, even if it can be frustrating when challenges prove too difficult (3 votes [6.12%])

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:47 AM

A summary of the results for the benefit of those who haven't bothered to vote: ;)

I think it is safe to say, from the poll results, that the vast majority of people who voted prefer a dialogue-heavy NPC (in terms of quality as well as quantity), and preferably offering something fresh and unique - but only provided the NPC is believable in terms of the game setting and how they interact with existing NPCs.

That sound about right? I hope so, coz that is a near-perfect description of my aim with the Chrysta mod. :D

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka