Revised BP-BGT Worldmap v2 available

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:31 AM

I am proud to announce that the second version of the revised BP-BGT worldmap is now available on the IEGMC mirrors.

Download locations:
IEGMC Asia
IEGMC Asia (mirror)
IEGMC Europe

Please send any feedback here: Discussion thread on the Forgotten Wars BP-BGT forums

Some screenshots can be found here: Screenshots on the Forgotten Wars forums

So, what is it? From the readme:

- a clothmap style worldmap - derived from the wonderful Check the Bodies map by CBisson and Valiant, but four times the size and all missing medium and large cities as well as several area labels added
- a full set of coloured Baldur's Gate map icons including all required variations
- support for a growing amount of mods, including BP-BGT and TuTu
- a clothmap style Throne of Bhaal map to spice it up

Changes since v1:

- wrote a mos compression tool (mospack) in order to significantly reduce download size
- the mod now detects if it is installed within a TuTu environment and patches the map appropriately
- added clothmap style Throne of Bhaal worldmap as an additional optional component
- added modified start scripts for NearInfinity so that you can use it to edit save games using the new map
- there is a flag in area links that describes on which side of the target area the entry ends if no explicit entry point is defined; this flag was set to the same value (north) for all Baldur's Gate areas - it is now set properly for all those areas
- fixed area links for AR3300 (where you rescue the cow from the Xvarts), at least one of them could cause a crash to desktop; thanks to Sir BillyBob for pointing this out
- fixed bug where Watcher's Keep would appear twice if Check the Bodies was not installed, thanks to King Diamond for pointing this out
- moved Trollford to the west of Umar Hills, thanks to Chevalier for pointing this out
- moved Suldanessalar to the immediate south of Forest of Tethir and moved both closer to Underdark Exit, thanks to Chevalier for pointing this out
- reorganized installer, so that a normal player can just say 'install all' and get what he expects instead of some strange debug install

#2 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:46 AM

What mods is this map for?
If i have bp+bgt+nej+ctb+Dtotsc+ntotsc+Sobh will it match?
Or maybe should i install it sometime betwen the instalation of the mods?

#3 EithelRuin

EithelRuin
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:29 AM

View Post

You need to install it only AFTER all mods that change the worldmap. in your case, after all the mods you listed (they are all supported in this new worldmap so you shouldn't expect problems with it)

#4 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:06 AM

View Post

You need to install it only AFTER all mods that change the worldmap. in your case, after all the mods you listed (they are all supported in this new worldmap so you shouldn't expect problems with it)

View Post

EithelRuin is right, install after everything else. The worlmap.wmp within is the from BH1.8 so all your other mods are already included.

Note: Please post other questions in the BP-BGT forum (see link above) since I do not read this one regularly.

#5 -my english very bad-

-my english very bad-

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

Is this work with the WeiDU TDD, SOS and CtB?
I hear that CtB mess up the two previous beacuse it doesn't recognise their install.
It means you can't go to any of the TDD, SOS areas like Soubar or Riatavin.
Is this map is solution to the problem?