Bugs for v2.00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#41 Nerik

Nerik
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:24 AM

Maybe another bug - or it may be just me (or rather, my install);

I levelled up my paladin and chose Holy Aura, but there doesn't appear to be any change - the screenshot on the Refinements site shows a visual effect, and examining the Holy Aura 'spell' in DLTCEP shows that it fires of a secondary spell every 6 seconds that grants the bonus, displays a 3D effect, and displays a portrait icon - and I'm definately not seeing the latter two.

I've examined my saved game in Shadowkeeper, and the 'primary' effect (the one that fires of the secondary spell) appears to be there, so I don't know whats heppening (or rather, not happening).

Charles

#42 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:50 AM

Probably just an install / run-time problem.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#43 -drake127-

-drake127-

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:37 PM

Hello, I have found serious bug in your kit Sword Angel in its Merciful Fighting Ability.
Activating this Ability it calls Effect 73 (Extra Damage Modifier) with Timing Mode 9. But when you try desactivate this effect by calling effect 221 (Remove secondary type) this effect would fail. Eff 221 does not work if Timing Mode of effect to be removed is 9. I have set Timing mode to 1 and now it works fine. You can download my fixed version of spell LI#MERC2.SPL from my webpage so you can compare it, try it and repair it.

Note that this link will be valid only for couple of days. I hope you would repair it soon.

Another bug: Installation would fails if you do not have files iplot01k.itm, iplot04g.itm, iplot04h.itm, iplot04i.itm. These files are not present in standard installation of BG2.

#44 -sevencreature-

-sevencreature-

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:32 PM

SWORD ANGEL problem...

Hi all, I have not much experience with mods (well, never really used one in all those years playing BG saga), but when I accidentally discovered this kit, Sword Angel has really intrigued me...

So I decided it's time to try some mods :D And installed these: Unfinished Business v13 (all except new kits and Anomen's original Portrait), Kelsey NPC v21 and Kelsey ToB v22 and then Refinements v2 (only Shapeshifting fix and Sword Angel).

But immediately little (well, actually quite big) problem has arisen: I started new game with SA and I noticed that after using Merciful Fighting and Spiritual Harmony and deactivating them (just MF in fact) few times, SA damage started to equal to 1. So here SA is standing and fighting some Imps and dmg goes like roll 10 - dmg 1, roll 20 dmg 1 (no critical) - Merciful Fighting is not activated!

So I started another game - this time in ToB - same problem - when I activated and deactivated MF in fights few times, damage drops to 1 (STR 18, Grand Mastery in katana, wielding Malakar +2).

Then another test - new character, 18/something STR, new game, SoA...

When I have looked on the save in Near Infinity, under stats there are 5 instances of 'Attack damage bonus (73): one for inherit Sword Angel "bonus" (-3) but 4 for (probably) Merciful Fighting (-6)!!!

Thanks, sevencreature

You can check the savegame for yourself, address: http://havy.wz.cz/swang_bug.zip

#45 -sevencreature-

-sevencreature-

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:37 PM

drake127: Hehe, to je ale rychlost :-) (neměl jsem to srdce neodesílat to - nějak mi blblo připojení).

To all - it seems drake127 solved problem, isn't he?

I've had also problem with inaccessible iplot0xk.itm files when I've tried to install Refinements as a first mod. Instalation of Unfinished Business has solved this (probably other mod will do too).

#46 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:12 PM

Yeah, iplot*.itm are corrupt item files in the biffs. Mods that use item regexp patching account for these (i.e. UB, G3 Tweaks, etc.) which is why you're seeing the problem disappear when installing UB prior to Refinements.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#47 -sevencreature-

-sevencreature-

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:02 AM

Well, yet another fix is needed:

LI#MERC2.SPL as drake127 wrote, problem with damage is solved, when changing effect '73' duration to value '1' (Permanent) instead of '9' (Permantent After Death),

but there is still problem with effect '301' (Critical Roll), duration of which is also set to '9' and has to be set to '1'.

It seems that '221' cannot remove spell with duration '9' ?? :blink:

Well another question: how many effects '0' (bonus to AC) with value '1' should have Sword Angel at level 7? I have created SA, started game, paused and exported (well best stats I have probably ever rolled :w00t: ) and he had AC 3 (DEX 18)... But then when I tested that dmg problem I created another SA, again DEX 18 and he had AC 5...

SA with AC 3 has 3 instances of effect '0' - all with bonus to AC=1, SA with 5 only one instance... Of course, according to kit description, there should be only one, AC 5, but how is that first case possible? :blink:

#48 -drake127-

-drake127-

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:30 AM

I am very sorry. I have overseen effect 301. Now it is repaired. You can download it from here http://explomine.com...wtopic.php?t=20

7c: Ví? ?e jsem na to při?el sám? Kdy? jsem le?el v posteli, tak jsem si říkal, jestli jsem tam nenechal je?tě jeden efekt s TM 9. A vidí? nechal :)

#49 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:40 AM

Yeah, iplot*.itm are corrupt item files in the biffs. Mods that use item regexp patching account for these (i.e. UB, G3 Tweaks, etc.) which is why you're seeing the problem disappear when installing UB prior to Refinements.

View Post

But I think it would be better if you exlude these files from patching. No modding newbie would able to install your mod.

#50 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:52 AM

7c: Víš že jsem na to přišel sám? Když jsem ležel v posteli, tak jsem si říkal, jestli jsem tam nenechal ještě jeden efekt s TM 9. A vidíš nechal :)

View Post

Hey folks! You could just register to FW's forums and send private messages to eachother, it would barely take a minute of your time. I do think that discussion on this forum should be kept in english. However you are free to use any language in your PMs (as long as the other end understands it of course ;)).

BTW, is it Polish?

#51 -sevencreature-

-sevencreature-

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:42 AM

BTW, is it Polish?

View Post

Nope, Czech :)

Sorry about that, but we have discussed (drake127 solved it) that problem on another forum already and we have just met here by accident, so we were just saying hello of sorts :D

#52 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:04 AM

View Post

But I think it would be better if you exlude these files from patching. No modding newbie would able to install your mod.

View Post

Yes, that was my point. You can either substitute dummy files in their place (UB's approach) or exclude malformed files from patches (G3T).

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#53 drake127

drake127
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:15 AM

Yes, that was my point. You can either substitute dummy files in their place (UB's approach) or exclude malformed files from patches (G3T).

View Post

But I think it is not good idea to expect that common players are able to find where their trouble lies.
It would be better if BG2Ref repair these files itself or ignores their absence.

Link to provisional fix: http://explomine.com..._SwordAngel.zip

Edited by drake127, 24 April 2005 - 10:58 AM.

#54 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:16 AM

We added a repairing, so that further mods won't break anymore.

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#55 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:18 AM

I expect modders to fix bugs found in their mods. I am not advocating that Refinements ignore this.

____

#56 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:23 AM

I expect modders to fix bugs found in their mods. I am not advocating that Refinements ignore this.

View Post

Let me rephrase what I said:
 ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS ~override/iplot01k.itm~
    THEN BEGIN
      COPY_EXISTING ~SW1H01.itm~ ~override/iplot01k.itm~
    END
  ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS ~override/iplot04g.itm~
    THEN BEGIN
      COPY_EXISTING ~SW1H01.itm~ ~override/iplot04g.itm~
    END
  ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS ~override/iplot04h.itm~
    THEN BEGIN
      COPY_EXISTING ~SW1H01.itm~ ~override/iplot04h.itm~
    END
  ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS ~override/iplot04i.itm~
    THEN BEGIN
      COPY_EXISTING ~SW1H01.itm~ ~override/iplot04i.itm~
    END

#57 drake127

drake127
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:27 AM

Let me rephrase what I said:

View Post

This is part of UB mod, isn't it? Have you included it to your mod?
And what about Sword Angel?

Edited by drake127, 10 April 2005 - 05:31 AM.

#58 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:31 AM

It's not part of UB, it's a small fix of a bug. Actually, I ripped that from V1 ofG3Tweaks (not UB) last June for what was Mazzy the Paladin, then added it as a costand fix in all of my mods, and then exported it here.

#59 drake127

drake127
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:37 AM

It's not part of UB, it's a small fix of a bug. Actually, I ripped that from V1 ofG3Tweaks (not UB) last June for what was Mazzy the Paladin, then added it as a costand fix in all of my mods, and then exported it here.

View Post

Well, something similar is also in UB but it doesn't matter.
And what about bug in Sword Angel?

Edited by drake127, 10 April 2005 - 05:37 AM.

#60 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

*casts summon Cassandra*