Photo

v9 getting booted probs

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 sigil333

sigil333
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

i cant seem to get past the prc char/race setup thingy in the gateway(which takes an age)...as soon as it finishes i get booted, if i try and log again i get "invalid character" and "too many feats". db builder mod did same thing after prc char/race setup (it took an hour for it to config 1 new character in db setup mod)..
im stumped..... : <_< :unsure: :whistling: :ermm: :blink:
is it just me? or is anyone else having the same probs...please help.
thanx 4 all ur hard work horred..u da bomb :D

#2 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:19 PM

i cant seem to get past the prc char/race setup thingy in the gateway(which takes an age)...as soon as it finishes i get booted, if i try and log again i get "invalid character" and "too many feats". db builder mod did same thing after prc char/race  setup (it took an hour for it to config 1 new  character in db setup mod)..
im stumped.....  : <_<  :unsure:  :whistling:  :ermm:  :blink:

View Post

Might just be you. I am not experiencing this w/v9. In fact, whatever happened between v8 and v9 seems to have fixed the starting area/faction problem I was seeing in v8.

In v8, I could create a mind flayer character and his starting area would be Benzor and everyone was his pal. This happened repeatedly.

since v9, I was able to make 6-8 new characters and have them all start in their proper locations.

./dingo

#3 Infernus

Infernus
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:52 PM

i cant seem to get past the prc char/race setup thingy in the gateway(which takes an age)...as soon as it finishes i get booted, if i try and log again i get "invalid character" and "too many feats". db builder mod did same thing after prc char/race  setup (it took an hour for it to config 1 new  character in db setup mod)..
im stumped.....   : <_<  :unsure:  :whistling:  :ermm:  :blink:

View Post

Might just be you. I am not experiencing this w/v9. In fact, whatever happened between v8 and v9 seems to have fixed the starting area/faction problem I was seeing in v8.

In v8, I could create a mind flayer character and his starting area would be Benzor and everyone was his pal. This happened repeatedly.

since v9, I was able to make 6-8 new characters and have them all start in their proper locations.

./dingo

View Post

unfortunatly yes i seem to be having the same type of problem except i dont make it all the way through the creation process and i get booted, when i log back in i cannot progress any further with that character,

ive been checking my MySQL data tables under nwn/pwdata and i dont see any new tables being constructed, will they not show up untill a character makes it throught the creation process?

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:53 PM

Sigil... MAKE SURE your not using ELC and ILR.. make sure those are set to 0 (I believe) or false.

I have v8 running flawlessly... except for the tables that Horred posted to be problems...

Your tables should be created during the character process. You can refresh the Control Center during creation and see them getting populated.... If not, then there is a problem with your install...

MAKE SURE you follow Tiggerlickers docs on how to install everything fully.. I had to rebuild my server (THANK YOU DINGO FOR POINTING OUT WIN2K3 PROBLEMS!!) TWICE.... and I followed those docs both times and was running fine EACH time....

#5 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:55 PM

Sigil... MAKE SURE your not using ELC and ILR.. make sure those are set to 0 (I believe) or false.

I have v8 running flawlessly... except for the tables that Horred posted to be problems...

Your tables should be created during the character process. You can refresh the Control Center during creation and see them getting populated.... If not, then there is a problem with your install...

MAKE SURE you follow Tiggerlickers docs on how to install everything fully.. I had to rebuild my server (THANK YOU DINGO FOR POINTING OUT WIN2K3 PROBLEMS!!) TWICE.... and I followed those docs both times and was running fine EACH time....

View Post

Oh DAMN.. the above post is ME!! I forgot to log in....

Also, your tables DO NOT populate the pwdata table.... The get created under NWN. PWDATA is only 1 of the many tables under NWN you will have when this is done..

#6 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

I posted a link with the dump file from my sql table. You can copy and past it into a .sql file and import it into sql and "most" of your tables will be created and populated.

Link to other thread

#7 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:37 AM

I posted a link with the dump file from my sql table. You can copy and past it into a .sql file and import it into sql and "most" of your tables will be created and populated.

Link to other thread

View Post

Also I remember reading in a previous thread here that Horred said the behavior you are describing happens if your machine gets overwhelmed while trying to build tables. You are using the db builder mod for v9 right? He fixed it w/v9. I would try and use that. v8 db builder mod booted you straight away (problem) so you had to build tables using the full mod - something which he said previously can overwhelm all but the beefiest of systems.

./Dingo

#8 sigil333

sigil333
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:25 AM

:D
thanx for all of your replies.
i was using the db builder mod that came with the v9 download
the mysql tables seem to be appearing ok.
so far i have:-

areatransition
bbs_boards
bbs_messages
cdkeys
classes
cls_atk_1
cls_atk_2
cls_bfeat_cler
cls_feat_cler
cls_bfeat_fight
cls_feat_fight
cls_savthr_cler
cls_savthr_fight
cls_skill_cler
cls_skill_fight
cmd_music
cnr_components
cnr_devices
cnr_misc
cnr_recipies
cnr_submenues
cvp_misc
domains
feat
idplayer
items
log
logactions
login
pcdata
race_feat_drow
race_feat_elf
race_feat_human
racialtypes

i followed this installation guide and horreds
http://arcanummagika.us/NWN/start.html

#9 sigil333

sigil333
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:40 AM

View Post

Oh DAMN.. the above post is ME!! I forgot to log in....

Also, your tables DO NOT populate the pwdata table.... The get created under NWN. PWDATA is only 1 of the many tables under NWN you will have when this is done..

View Post

i have never used a database before so im learning as i go...
i followed this installation guide
http://arcanummagika.us/NWN/start.html
i found the link to it here somewhere here on the forums..is that the one u mean?
it all seemed to be funtioning ok except for the getting booted after char prc thing and "invalid char" thing with "too many feats" if i tried to log in with the same char.all chars i created ended up being invalid
please can you tell me what ELC and ILR are? and where i might find them?
thanx :)

#10 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:49 AM

Sigil....

open your NWNPLAYER.ini file and look for these lines:

Enforce Legal Characters=0
ItemLevelRestrictions=0

Make sure they = 0 or FALSE

Your getting the too many feats cause the Enforce Legal Characters in NWN is not setup to handle the custom content... You have to use an external ELC checker that is configured to recognize the PRC.... (anyone can correct me if I am wrong.. but that is how i understand it)

#11 sigil333

sigil333
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:01 AM

Sigil....

ItemLevelRestrictions=0

Make sure they = 0  or FALSE 

Your getting the too many feats cause the Enforce Legal Characters in NWN is not setup to handle the custom content... You have to use an external ELC checker that is configured to recognize the PRC.... (anyone can correct me if I am wrong.. but that is how i understand it)

View Post

ahaa...the enforce legal characters was on...i understand now i thinx (prc adds lots of new feats dont it, hence the invalid char thing)
thanx v much ^_^
will try it again after i have installed the mysql table horred has posted.
i call my server "MANA VAULT" and post it under PW story in gamespy ....all welcome ! :D

#12 sigil333

sigil333
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:56 AM

Sigil....

ItemLevelRestrictions=0

Make sure they = 0  or FALSE 

View Post

tried the db builder mod...first char, drow rougue ,20 minutes so far and on 17% yawn :unsure:
tried the main mod and it wont appear on gamespy lists :blink:
thinx i might reinstall winxp and start fresh...

#13 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:11 AM

You need some patience.....

I have had characters take up to 2-3 hours to complete.... Some MORE than that...

for me now, it's minutes... (for the most part)

ALSO, I tried Win2k3 Server(XP base) and found that I had nothing but problems.. I I had to rebuild my server back to Win2k Pro... BUT that may have nothing to do with it... Just something Dingo told me about... and I experience first hand..

Also, setup your router to PORT TRIGGER to that PC if your hosting..

#14 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:35 AM

I am running a dedicated box on win 2003 and it runs smooth. This shouldnt be an issue at all, if anything it should run better on this then XP due to the fact 2003 is a server OS, XP is based on it but its still a user OS.

#15 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:48 AM

well, I had a server like yours.... and it CHEWED resources... and when I rebuilt it with win2k pro.. it runs Fast as hell...

Good luck either way.. Just something I saw first hand and Dingo spoke to me about...

Just an FYI is all.....

#16 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:51 AM

I'll have to keep an eye on that then :)

#17 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:58 AM

I know my system was lagging like a M@#$$%FER.... until I rebuilt.. now it is fine..
Go figure..

#18 sigil333

sigil333
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:10 AM

im going to install xp fresh then only the nwn stuff..tiz time for a spring clean, hopefully that will sort my probs out as it hasnt been reinstalled since december and it is pretty full at the mo (160gig drive lol) :P

#19 sigil333

sigil333
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:31 AM

aftertought....will players be willing to wait an hour to create their characters so they can play??? me thinx not (unless they know how damn cool this project is)
changing my operating system(winxppro)to (win2k)is out of the question....all the software/drivers/hardware i use works together in harmony on my xp system, there has to be a way to make this work on xp
my system:
asus 9600xt graphics
Asus P4P800E Deluxe P4 I865PE dale 8xAGP 800FSB Dual chan DDR
maxtor 160gig 7200drive with 8meg cache
GeilŪ 512Mb PC3200 Dual Chan DDR
p4 3ghtz
thermaltake butterfly 480 psu
iiyama 17" vision master pro 411
^_^

#20 Jaguar

Jaguar
  • 33 posts