Photo

Can I take your BG2 playing order please?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: These days, when I play through BG2 with a new NPC mod installed I usually... (99 member(s) have cast votes)

These days, when I play through BG2 with a new NPC mod installed I usually...

1. ...race through to Spellhold as quickly as possible to pick up Imoen, then do most longer quests afterwards. (9 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. ...do most longer quests and subquests before Spellhold so only the Bodhi/Vampire/Elhan bits are left before Suldanesselar. (32 votes [32.32%])

Percentage of vote: 32.32%

3. ..take a pretty balanced or varied approach, depending on how I feel at the time. (23 votes [23.23%])

Percentage of vote: 23.23%

4. ...do as few longer quests and subquests as possible, other than ones I know will contain significant extra content from any given new mod. (4 votes [4.04%])

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

5. ...tend to hang around in Athkatla in Chapters 2 & 3 just long enough to be sure all the pre-Spellhold lovetalks/banters are done - it depends very much on the NPC make-up of my group. (31 votes [31.31%])

Percentage of vote: 31.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 -Rastor_as_Guest-

-Rastor_as_Guest-

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:59 AM

I just wish that The underdark/saughan city were not no-lt zones. Seems silly how the romance just pauses. Not like you are ALWAYS being watched. Just most of the time.

View Post

I have never understood that restriction either - it seems to me that in such pressurised and alien environments, two individuals in love would be relying on and supporting eachother even more than normal, instead of withdrawing.

Suffice to say that Chrysta will not be following the norm here - she will have Lovetalks in the underworld :thumb:

View Post

I had originally planned this for my latest mod (Saerileth), and her flirts are not disabled in the UD; but if you do not disable the LTs in dungeons, the romance ends VERY quickly. :ermm: In the end, we had to disable the LTs in dungeons, and, for some reason, the UD is apparently labeled as such. (Interestingly, Adalon's lair is *not* so labeled, and you often get LTs in there! :unsure: )

Sillara

View Post

Ust'Natha (the drow city) is also not labelled as a dungeon. You can get LoveTalks in the drow city (I almost always get the first "Sleep with Viccy" and one or two other lovetalks while in the city).

#22 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:57 PM

Ust'Natha (the drow city) is also not labelled as a dungeon.  You can get LoveTalks in the drow city (I almost always get the first "Sleep with Viccy" and one or two other lovetalks while in the city).

Hehe... that happened once with me and Aerie. Rather incongruous, to say the least, to wander into a drow city and be met with a "I think it is time you made a woman of me now" proposition from innocent lil' Stumpygal :D

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#23 Dragon Lord

Dragon Lord
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:13 AM

Ya gotta have the gear before you get the girl.

#24 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:41 AM

#5. I tend to change my style of play with the mods I have installed. If a mod requires me to take my time, I tend to do all quests before Spellhold (and CLUAConsole fixes the fact that I'm still too fast); otherwise I usually go there as soon as I can. It all depends.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#25 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:33 AM

#2. I usually don't care for Imoen, I only pick her for roleplaying reasons, but only on a few rare ocasions.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#26 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:08 AM

Depending on my character, I kind of roleplay. I make sure I check out new content in the new mods I installed. Thus something between 4 and 5. Though I have some trouble discerning between 2 and 5 what the difference is. To make sure all LT's happened you need to stay very long in the chapter. I never take sneak previews in the files or use CLUAConsole therefore 2 and 5 come extremelly close in my opinion.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#27 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:54 PM

#1 Immie is teh preciouss :wub: ! Must get my preciousssss! Evil Jonoleth took my precioussss...
We hate Jonoleth :angry: !

#28 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

#1 Immie is teh preciouss :wub: ! Must get my preciousssss! Evil Jonoleth took my precioussss...
We hate Jonoleth :angry: !

View Post

Thanks for dropping by, Delight :D Glad someone popped by to give Imoen a boost :hug:

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#29 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:35 AM

Very good point, Sillara, and thanks for pointing that out. But as far as I can see you can get around that by using a scripting variable, e.g. set one called "EarlyChapDungeon=0" at the start, then :
All you have to do then is, in the Lovetalk variable checks, replace:
....!AreaType("Dungeon")
with
....!Global("EarlyChapDungeon","GLOBAL",1)
All of this will ensure that Lovetalks DON'T trigger in dungeons during Chapters 1 through 4, but will continue as normal irrespective of area type once the party has reached the Underdark and beyond.

Uh...n00b here BUT [gah] can't you just nest a dungeon check inside a chapter check? Set it so it checks that when it's not ch 4 or 5, I mean...

Then again, I don't see why Jaheira's LT/quest talk interaction was supposedly so ungodly hard to debug. Hmm...

As for me, as a roleplayer I try to get to Imoen A) as soon as reasonably possible and B) without leaving anything desperately urgent (from the characters' perspective) left undone.

Edited by Azzathoth, 05 March 2006 - 12:43 AM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#30 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:57 PM

I generally go quickly when I'm with my love, Eddie, to get Immy back as soon as possible. When trying out other NPC mods, tho, it depends on their stories and situations to decide when I go to Spellhold. But, as Sillara says, I like to be up in levels enough to take on the UD.

#31 Riviera

Riviera

Silmeria, the elven bard

• 355 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:43 PM

I'll add mine in too.. may as well. :D

I usually go with #2.

I figure that my character doesn't really KNOW that Irenicus is torturing the life out of poor Immy at the time.. all signs seem to point to them both being safely contained in Spellhold. There are a few hints that they aren't getting five star treatment.. but not that she's in some kind of life-threatening danger.

Or I could just be oblivious. :lol:

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#32 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:17 PM

I usually go with #2.

I figure that my character doesn't really KNOW that Irenicus is torturing the life out of poor Immy at the time.. all signs seem to point to them both being safely contained in Spellhold. There are a few hints that they aren't getting five star treatment.. but not that she's in some kind of life-threatening danger.

There are also indications that Irenicus is too powerful for the Cowled Wizards to contain; I believe at least one of the harpers, and possibly one of the thieves, say as much...

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#33 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:53 PM

I usually go with #2.

There are also indications that Irenicus is too powerful for the Cowled Wizards to contain; I believe at least one of the harpers, and possibly one of the thieves, say as much...

I think so too, but its been so long since I've played through it that I cant be sure (this mod would make me play through it again a few times tho :) )

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."