Your party!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#21 Sir guestalot

Sir guestalot
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:06 PM

Minsc is one of the most boring chars:(
No sidequests and no brain.... -_-... i always drop him right after irencus dungon and go get myself kelderon...

infact all chars are dull ;_;
someone needs to make a half ogre/minotur char mod :D

#22 -Guest_BallOfFire_*-

-Guest_BallOfFire_*-

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:53 AM

Sir guestalot, I, and likely most of the people on this forum, pity you. What kind of a person can't appreciate the butt-kicking goodness of a maniac and his hamster?

If you want a good NPC, get The Longer Road for ToB and get Irenicus in your party. HE isn't boring.

#23 Sir guestalot

Sir guestalot
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:09 AM

Boo is alright, but minsc isn't >_<

and im on a break from BG now... gotta rest from game to game(just finished playing all the games with BP:p

#24 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:16 PM

I loved Mincs, then hated him, now I love him again. You will return to us =). And about taking a break from BG, I'm doing the same thing right now, I just enjoy talking about it more than playing it. Too bad my internet connection here stinks so bad that I can't play online games.

#25 Sir guestalot

Sir guestalot
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:17 PM

I always do a 2-3 month break from BG each time i finish it... then i bang my head a few times on the wall and forget everything about it so i can start a new fresh game without knowing anything!....

>_<

hehe, anyway im playing other games like icewind dale 2 and spellforce( <_< )now, planning on playing planescape torment and icewind dale 1 with all the addons right after i finish spellforce/IWD2:P

theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen i will start bg again^^

#26 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:26 PM

I always do a 2-3 month break from BG each time i finish it... then i bang my head a few times on the wall and forget everything about it so i can start a new fresh game without knowing anything!....

View Post

If you don't like Minsc, I'd advise another method of inducing forgetfulness. That way you're going to wind up like him. :P
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#27 Sir guestalot

Sir guestalot
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:30 PM

View Post

If you don't like Minsc, I'd advise another method of inducing forgetfulness. That way you're going to wind up like him. :P

View Post

:huh:

#28 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:01 PM

meh. Minsc's ungood. Never did use him except for tanking early on when I'm playing a magic-user. Always switch him around for Korgan early on. If I'm playing a fighter, I usually don't take him along in the first place.

and in ToB, Sarevok is of course a must-have.
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#29 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:18 PM

Userunfriendly, you need to teach me how to do that =P.  Using Shadowkeeper you can only set one kit per character.  Did you use Near Infinity or what?  I never learned to use that =(.  I've been wanting to solo a kensai/swashbuckler/wild mage.

View Post

quite simple...a kensai is just 27 lines in the affects tab, and the innate to max damage per strike...(kai)

now the elegant way is to create a kensai, figure out the lines, and copy them into a character...13 lines to increase damage, 13 lines to increase thac0, and one line to set ac...

copy them into any character, and you've got a kensai...(if you copy to cleric, you don't need kai, cause righteous magic is the same thing, but better)

or you can just turn an npc into a kensai, level up using clua console, (to get to the kensai level you want) then turn them back into original class...

you inherit all the kensai attack ability...

for example, jaheira is a simple shapeshifter/fighter multiclass, with 27 lines added, and righteous magic added..

yeah...i should really write it up, one of these days...

i mean, i even created custom spells, to chain contingency implosion...

and made her immune to timestop, gave her perminet greater acuity, death bringer assault, summon marith...oy...

:o
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#30 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:29 PM

Userunfriendly, you need to teach me how to do that =P.  Using Shadowkeeper you can only set one kit per character.  Did you use Near Infinity or what?  I never learned to use that =(.  I've been wanting to solo a kensai/swashbuckler/wild mage.

View Post

quite simple...a kensai is just 27 lines in the affects tab, and the innate to max damage per strike...(kai)

now the elegant way is to create a kensai, figure out the lines, and copy them into a character...13 lines to increase damage, 13 lines to increase thac0, and one line to set ac...

copy them into any character, and you've got a kensai...(if you copy to cleric, you don't need kai, cause righteous magic is the same thing, but better)

or you can just turn an npc into a kensai, level up using clua console, (to get to the kensai level you want) then turn them back into original class...

for example, jaheira is a simple shapeshifter/fighter multiclass, with 27 lines added, and righteous magic added..

and made her immune to timestop, gave her perminet greater acuity, death bringer assault, summon marith...oy...

View Post

I don't even know what these lines are you're talking about *_*. I know a lot about BG, but when it comes to anything beyond the game itself I'm still pretty much a newbie. What I want is a 3 class character that will level in all three kits instead of just a character that levels in all 3 classes and has some starting abilities from the kits. Would the easiest way to do that to just find out what each level up does for each kit and add the kit-specific effects in shadowkeeper everytime I level up? And yeah, you should write it all up =P. A lot of players I'm sure would be eternally grateful. Too bad that doesn't do you any good. Immunity to Time Stop should have been in the original game for charname, since he IS a Bhaalspawn.

#31 Sir guestalot

Sir guestalot
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:43 PM

View Post

View Post

Im amazed you still enjoy the game;p

#32 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:45 PM

I don't even know what these lines are you're talking about *_*.  I know a lot about BG, but when it comes to anything beyond the game itself I'm still pretty much a newbie.  What I want is a 3 class character that will level in all three kits instead of just a character that levels in all 3 classes and has some starting abilities from the kits.  Would the easiest way to do that to just find out what each level up does for each kit and add the kit-specific effects in shadowkeeper everytime I level up?  And yeah, you should write it all up =P.  A lot of players I'm sure would be eternally grateful.  Too bad that doesn't do you any good.  Immunity to Time Stop should have been in the original game for charname, since he IS a Bhaalspawn.

ok, that's not really possible..its not possible to apply more than one kit, but...

a kensai/swishy/wildmage is not possible, but kensai/thief/wildmage is sorta possible...

make a fighter/thief/mage, then apply the kensai kit, roll xp back to zero...

now using shadowkeeper, add nrd, chaos shield and improved chaos shield...

now if a mage or sorc has nrd and the chaos shield spells, his spells will now occasionally wild surge...

a functional kensai thief wildmage..

you can't change the "one kit per class" rule, but you can circumnavigate it... :devil: :devil: :devil:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#33 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:49 PM

Im amazed you still enjoy the game;p

that's kinda why i pretty much stopped playing...i really enjoyed was hacking and refining my hacking, but i got so good i was creating impossibly powerful characters...

and no, i don't mean one of those 25 every stat characters...i found them...*yawn* boring and imaginative...

imagine a sorc chain contingencying implosion, abi dahzim, and storm of vengence... :o

i even gave her innate bunny nuke ability... :devil:

so i got bored..very bored... :whistling:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#34 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:28 PM

BG1 -

Moi - Nyanna (cleric/mage)
Immy (Natrually.)
Xan :wub:
Xzar :devil:
Montaron
Branwen

BG2 -

Nyanna again.
Edwin :wub:
Immy/Nalia
Korgan
Haer'Dalis
Anomen

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#35 papalhorno

papalhorno
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:12 AM

Miverov Tiremo, that's me, a lawful neutral sorcerer
Yoshimo
Tashia, my beloved
Kivan
Korgan, with the Helm of Opposite Alignment
Kachiko. She's very weak, but i really like Yoshimo.

#36 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:07 AM

that's kinda why i pretty much stopped playing...i really enjoyed was hacking and refining my hacking, but i got so good i was creating impossibly powerful characters...

If my memory serves me right, you hack every game after you've beaten it.

#37 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:53 AM

Heh, that's the first time I hear that Kachiko is very weak. Usually it is 'overpowered''.

In TUTU/BG1NPC I now run 3 parties (gods have mercy on me) and I love them all. :wub: indicates romance:

Keth'svim Devenea Elven Fighter Mage, NE
Shar-Teel :wub:
Tiax (cheated in in the beginning of the game)
Garrick
Faldorn
Xan

Helg (Blade, Half-Elf, Neutral Good)
Imoen
Branwen :wub:
Dynaheir/will switch to Quayle later on
Minsc/will switch to Coran later on
Kivan (I am *trying* to remeber I am a male and not to drool all over him)

Helg (the same PC, branched out the game at Branwen-Dynaheir conflict)
Dynaheir :wub:
Minsc
Edwin
Safana
Kivan (I am *trying* to remeber I am a male and not to drool all over him)

#38 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:23 AM

Hmmm... currently I'm playing\writing about

Charname (rogue)
Imoen
Jaheira
Khalid
Minsc
Dynaheir

Then I'll kick Minsc and Dyna out to take Kivan and Eldoth (I sooooo wish there was an Eldoth romance... *sigh*)

#39 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:03 AM

Hmmm... currently I'm playing\writing about

Charname (rogue)
Imoen
Jaheira
Khalid
Minsc
Dynaheir

Then I'll kick Minsc and Dyna out to take Kivan and Eldoth (I sooooo wish there was an Eldoth romance... *sigh*)

View Post

We can all dream, Kulyok. :crying:

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#40 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:13 AM

View Post

Wow, an Eldoth fan. For some reason a lot of people really seem to hate him, I don't see it myself.

And if the Edwin Romance got written, who's to say the Eldoth one won't be too?
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)