BGT-WeiDU slowed to snails pace

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:37 AM

cujo,

Feel free to post anything at all that looks like a bug, minor or no, because I'm sure everyone would like to see even the tiniest bug gone.  Hope BH works for you, though I don't see whz it shouldn't work.

View Post

Hi Ascension64,

First of all a warning to people who want to have all the WeiDU mods installed: Do NOT install NeJ before TDD or SoS or both of them will biff your NeJ items and BGT doesn't recognise that NeJ is installed. It will also biff your TIS files and none of the NeJ areas will load.

I will post this here but it's for King Diamond. I had a problem installing Baldurdash when it tried to update Valygar. Baldurdash complained that the CRE file was an unknown version, but I can open Valygar CRE's in NI and when I use CLUAConsole they work in game.

So far I had the occasional CTD but this happened with plain BGII also. The last CTD was when I was saving my game.

In a cave in area AR4200 (left of Nashkel) Jaheira starts a dialog about stealing from Ribald. This is obviously not correct but it's a SoS issue as IIRC Horred said he would change SoS WeiDU again like he did for SoS BP version.

The gnoll stronghold was very easy for me, there were hardly any gnolls at all. I had the same thing in BP-BGT-NeJ. I thought it was made tougher but at the moment you can run through it without any problems at all.

However, I checked SCRL3I myself, which is the one you get from the ogrillon and give to Mirianne, and the icon looks perfectly fine...weird.  Is it SCRL3I?

View Post

Yeah it was SCRL3I but as King Diamond has said it's solved in Baldurdash-WeiDU. I had a few problems installing it, but that might be something I did wrong in my installation.

Playing for me is now underway.  However, I intend to do something much bigger than Tutu in terms of the journal entries...I am currently categorising the quests under headings like in BG2 and removing Quest journal entries when you complete the quest.  The result I am happy to donate to Tutu (since most of the offsets for the journal entries are exactly the same, and I have marked all the offset changes and the patching changes in the .tp2 file), but what is not applicable to Tutu currently is getting rid of the extremely long wait at Chateau Irenicus to remove journal entries...since there will be only the SOLVED_QUEST journal entries to remove. 
Super!  B)

View Post

Good luck with the quest journal entries, it would be a huge improvement as it is sometimes very difficult to know what quests you have completed and which ones you still have to do in BG1.

Kind regards,

Cujo

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:16 AM

The install order should always be:

TDD, SoS (these two interchangeable)
TS
NeJ
BGT-WeiDU
BPv170
others (any order except, for: CtB then DSotSC then NTotSC)

KD, Aoln in the forest area east of where Gorion was killed disappears with a POOF even when he has EscapeAreaDestroy(90). What do you have to say about that?

Edited by Ascension64, 20 April 2005 - 04:20 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:20 AM

I will post this here but it's for King Diamond.  I had a problem installing Baldurdash when it tried to update Valygar.  Baldurdash complained that the CRE file was an unknown version, but I can open Valygar CRE's in NI and when I use CLUAConsole they work in game.

Can you post a fragment of your .DEBUG regarding that? Or may be you version of CREs. I can't say anything right now 'coz it's weird... :wacko:

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#24 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:54 AM

The install order should always be:

TDD, SoS (these two interchangeable)
TS
NeJ
BGT-WeiDU
BPv170
others (any order except, for:  CtB then DSotSC then NTotSC)

View Post

lol. I know Ascension64 I just wanted to see what happens if I don't follow the installation order because others are bound to get it wrong and have problems. :P This is why I didn't report it as an error before, because it was my own fault. I just said it so hopefully people will read this and not make a that error in the future.

#25 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:58 AM

Can you post a fragment of your .DEBUG regarding that? Or may be you version of CREs. I can't say anything right now 'coz it's weird...  :wacko:

View Post

I know it's very weird. The CRE version for the Valygar cres are all V1.0

Unfortunately I don't have the .DEBUG files any more because I deleted as much as I could but I will try again this weekend and see if I get the same error.

#26 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 02:31 AM

Hey Kind Diamond, this is the error message I am getting when BD tries to patch Valygar:

ERROR: [VALYG8.CRE] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: ADD_NEW_SPELL: Unknown cre version %s"))
Stopping installation because of error.

I have made a new installation now and this time it did patch Valygar fine.