Photo

The quest & storyline altering mod list

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:52 AM

A while ago, I began to noticed that various mod authors are planning to introduce similar (and sometimes virtually identical) quest and storyline related additions/alterations to the game, and that this is usually because said mod author simply isn't aware that he isn't the only person who's ever come up with the idea :).

In an attempt to help soothe this situation, I had the idea of compiling a list of every storyline or quest related thing done by mods which could potentially interfere or overlap with another. Ideally I'd like this to be an utterly definitive list, but I realize that for various reasons, some modders are hesistant to willingly give out spoilers.

So for those modders who are okay with spoilers (and BTW any players who don't like spoilers obviously shouldn't view the list) and like the idea of such a list, please let me know what you can. Either post here, PM me, or mail me (nick AT frad DOT org). Also, if I've already listed spoilers for your mod that you don't want on there, let me know and I'll remove them ASAP.

Criteria for inclusion:
- Expansion or alteration of an existing quest/story (e.g. betraying Renal)
- New quest/storyline which provides an alternative to an existing quest/story (e.g. a new route to Brynnlaw)
- New quest/story which involves existing BG2 characters (e.g. the kidnapping of Aran Linvail's daughter)
- New quest/story which involves characters from pnp (e.g the Council of Six)
- Anything else quest/story related that seems likely to be repeated by another mod

You can find the current list here. As I said above, if you don't like spoilers, do *not* visit this page! You have been warned.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 03 February 2006 - 01:16 AM.

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:21 AM

Posted over on G3. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:34 AM

*Stickied*

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#4 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:23 AM

I've now integrated the list into the wiki, meaning mod makers are free to alter it themselves, any time they like.

The direct link is here.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 28 June 2005 - 04:24 AM.

#5 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:47 PM

That particular Wiki page seems to be no longer with us. Or, the link's changed, at any rate. Anyone have an updated link or information on its whereabouts?

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#6 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:14 PM

SConrad and I spent several hours yesterday recovering this page and reinstating it into the Wiki - it really needs to be updated, and probably reorganised slightly (to separate in progress from complete mods for ease of use), but you can find it here! :)

#7 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:42 AM

Perhaps there could be more categories on the list? For example, Improved Asylum makes the Spellhold Dungeon longer and Spellhold Gauntlet makes it shorter, but neither one is a quest or NPC mod.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image