Photo

How many Planets do you want 2 see in the new game

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: How many Planets do you want 2 see in the new game (27 member(s) have cast votes)

How many Planets do you want 2 see in the new game

1. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 5 (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

3. 6 (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

4. 7 (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

5. 8 (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

6. 9 (2 votes [7.41%])

7. 10 (2 votes [7.41%])

8. 11 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. 12 (13 votes [48.15%])

Percentage of vote: 48.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 -MyztiC-

-MyztiC-

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:24 PM

I personally think there should be just as many planets.. maybe a couple more, but when you look at one particular planet, and play through it.. you begin to think; "Why is there only one place to visit on each planet?"

That's one thought that has bounced back and forth in my head while playing, I want more places and more cities on each planet.. so it's not; "Oh, ugh.. That damned bounty hunter got away! He's probably off to another planet.."
In KOTOR3 they could focus more on that and maybe there would be something like this: "Oh, ugh.. That damned bounty hunter got away! He's probably off to the other side of this planet"..
I hate going to a planet and not being able to explore the whole planet.
Though many would think that this would cause the game to grow much bigger in size.. and with the ability to explore whole planets, and 5-7 of them.. the game may stretch up to 10 Gigabytes.. :blink:
Complain if I'm wrong.
I bet I'm not the only one out there that wants to explore more than one place on each planet..

#22 Regnak

Regnak
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:40 PM

Well, I voted for 7, since nobody else did - hearing mostly 6 and 8, so that should be a good compromise. Actually, I'd settle for the same amount of planets (I do like the multiple locals on each planet idea) if there were more jumping between planets to complete quests (so long as they don't bring back the mandatory space battles of KOTOR 1). And I would LOVE the events of one planet to affect things on all the other planets (reputation, maybe?). Like, if you haven't done X and Y on other planets, quest Z won't be available yet. Gets us away from that irritating linear gameplay that was KOTOR 2.

#23 Myridonius

Myridonius
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:16 AM

Well, I voted for 7, since nobody else did - hearing mostly 6 and 8, so that should be a good compromise.  Actually, I'd settle for the same amount of planets (I do like the multiple locals on each planet idea) if there were more jumping between planets to complete quests (so long as they don't bring back the mandatory space battles of KOTOR 1).  And I would LOVE the events of one planet to affect things on all the other planets (reputation, maybe?).  Like, if you haven't done X and Y on other planets, quest Z won't be available yet.  Gets us away from that irritating linear gameplay that was KOTOR 2.

View Post

But that would only mean you'd have to follow the planets in the same order in each game...Maybe you could do the planets in the order that you want but the enemies get harder once you change planets. None of the two other kotors did that.

#24 -Gavin-

-Gavin-

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:07 AM

As Grunker said - I think it was rather funny that we were talking "planets" while all that we could visit were a few settlements...

View Post

Just think of it this way, the more planets we get, the longer and harder the game can( and should ) be.

View Post

Or, as people have mentioned before, the less developed each planet will be. An entire game could be set in a smallish region of one planet. Of course, since it's star wars we want space travel, but I would personally love to see less planets that each contain more than just one small city or spaceport.

View Post

Exactly :)

There will be somewhere between 7-10 planets.....i know from an inside source

View Post

#25 -Anonymous-

-Anonymous-

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:49 AM

I think 8 or 9 would be good, too many planets means a story that takes longer ifd they did 12 planets the'd be working on it until 2010 or something.....