Irenicus-Edwin Banter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -K. Lou of Combs-

-K. Lou of Combs-

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:08 PM

While I find it extrememly entertaining when Edwin and Irenicus have their game of mental chess, and they end up as squirrels, for some reason it showed up FOUR times in a relatively short period of time. Is this a result of some kind of conflict with the Edwin Romance?

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

Eeek, this seems to be the week of a number of bugs popping in. Yes, if you have this cycling banter Edwin Romance might be to blame. I suspect Edwin has a script that triggers his dialog of some sort but somehow the Irenicus banter interferes... Weird. Since I am going away for two weeks I doubt I will be able to work on this. Nevertheless, please zip your save game and email to ladydorotea@hotmail.com

And thanks.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:32 AM

It's not the Edwin romance. I stopped playing my ToB game partially because this banter just would not stop. Every 5 minutes they would have it again... Which got really annoying because it kept occuring during the part of WK where you control the ghost, so I would lose control of him and have to reload every single time.

#4 K. Lou of Combs

K. Lou of Combs
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

Okay... um... I don't have the game anymore because I got this really evil bug that, bottom line, got rid of that game. And, of course, because I am so stupid, I did not make a back-up for it. :bash:

So... um... BallOfFire, since you're having the same problem, would you mind zipping your game and sending it to dorotea?... Maybe?

*escapes*

Edited by K. Lou of Combs, 06 May 2005 - 10:02 PM.

"Without my glasses, I see the world as it really is: kinda blurry."

The stupidest, silliest mod in progress is right here:
The Mary Sue NPC Mod

#5 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:33 PM

I need this game to be able to work on the bug. I fixed this one about 4 times by now... and it is still there... I suspect it is related to too many variables and the game skipping over one GLOBAL instead of updating it. Zip the game and email pleeese?

ladydorotea@hotmail.com or kirjana@comcast.net

I cannot work on the bug unless I get the savegame

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#6 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:36 AM

Doro, it could be a weighting issue. What happens the script calls for a 'scripted dialogue' which by whatever reason got a 'higher' weight than your 'non-scripted' banter. Non-scripted banter fires, but since the globals in the script did not get reset (since scripted talk did not show up), it calls for it again, and again, and again - the non-scripted is up top of the pile AND the script (since it relates to another dialogue) ignores your LOCALS variable even if it resets itself in the non-scripted banter. Basically it is a good idea to put all 'scripted' dialogues into J-file and weigh them higher than all the non-scripted banters (and send those to B-file).

Edited by Ashara, 26 May 2005 - 11:37 AM.

#7 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:38 PM

I have some good news for this bug and the one with looping 'evil' dialog. It seems that between me and Nebukad we figured how to fix these (Kepps her fingers crossed) I need to test the mod with fixes yet - but at least it compiles and installs. and I think I know what was wrong. Silliness, pure silliness on my part.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes