• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:17 PM

Over a 100 bugfixes, dozens of enhancements--this version takes this mod light years ahead of version 9.

1) Make sure you give your players a chance to empty their banks and house chests. We've switched to GrapeApe's persistent containers, they rule. Thanks GrapeApe

2) Set cnr_misc table CnrBoolBuildRecipeDatabase from zero to 1; else, you'll miss out on dozens of new items, 6 new crafting devices, and several fixes to CNR.

And be sure to give Mulrok Village a visit. Lots of new things going on there. :D

Edited by horred the plague, 08 April 2005 - 02:18 PM.

#2 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:41 PM

you had mentioned to me earlier that grape had changed or added a table that i need to edit...is this still the case or can i run it as is?

Edited by muaddib, 08 April 2005 - 04:16 PM.

#3 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:28 PM

well its up and running :) Time to go play

#4 dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:54 PM

Over a 100 bugfixes, dozens of enhancements--this version takes this mod light years ahead of version 9.

1) Make sure you give your players a chance to empty their banks and house chests. We've switched to GrapeApe's persistent containers, they rule. Thanks GrapeApe

2) Set cnr_misc table CnrBoolBuildRecipeDatabase from zero to 1; else, you'll miss out on dozens of new items, 6 new crafting devices, and several fixes to CNR.

And be sure to give Mulrok Village a visit. Lots of new things going on there. :D

View Post

:thumb: Rock on, Horred!

#5 Infernus

Infernus
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:49 PM

Hio all

GREAT WORK HORRID!! :thumb:

ok ive been looking for the cnr_table

in the toolset, but i cant find it to make the change that is required, could i get a little guidance please?

TYVM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE gads somtimes im amazed i can remember to breathe

heh the table in MYsql :wacko: :whistling:

heh sorry :D

Edited by Infernus, 08 April 2005 - 08:53 PM.

#6 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:04 PM

Maudib:

Only servers that were running a pre-release of v10 need to update the pw_containers table, servers upgrading from v9 or earlier don't need to as the table isn't there and get's created by the ff_buildtable script for them.

But, here are instructions/SQL to update your table and allow your users to keep their items in the container's they're in:

ALTER TABLE `pw_containers` ADD `sItem` VARCHAR( 255 ) ;
UPDATE `pw_containers` SET sItem=CONCAT('#I#', itemResRef,'#', stack,'#',identified,'#0#/I');
ALTER TABLE `pw_containers` DROP `itemResRef`, DROP `stack`, DROP `identified`;

Reminder: above is only for the half dozen test servers that had pre-release v10.

Infernus:

Sounds like you're trying to update CnrBoolBuildRecipeDatabase val=1 for table cnr_misc table. If you don't have that table then something has gone wrong with the sql build scripts or nwnx's access to the db.

GrapeApe

Edited by GrapeApe, 08 April 2005 - 09:06 PM.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:21 PM

umm ive run into a problem with version 10, all the characters are ending up in the character creation area DEAD

any suggestions?

#8 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

Are they new or old characters? Or both?

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

Are they new or old characters? Or both?

View Post

they are both Grape, anyideas?

#10 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:02 AM

v10 is cool, I am really enjoying browsing over the items that we can now make.

I think i've managed to find all the other shops, but I ohave found a shortage of shops that sell bows, and I can't find the crafted bow shop in Murlock

udoh
:devil:

#11 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:18 AM

v10 is cool, I am really enjoying browsing over the items that we can now make.

I think i've managed to find all the other shops, but I ohave found a shortage of shops that sell bows, and I can't find the crafted bow shop in Murlock

udoh

View Post

Then make one! (Always a critic out there...) :P

Edited by horred the plague, 09 April 2005 - 05:18 AM.

#12 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

Then make one!  (Always a critic out there...) :P

View Post

I was so not criticising, i was just curious to know where it was.

udoh
:)

#13 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:33 AM

Maudib:

Only servers that were running a pre-release of v10 need to update the pw_containers table, servers upgrading from v9 or earlier don't need to as the table isn't there and get's created by the ff_buildtable script for them.

But, here are instructions/SQL to update your table and allow your users to keep their items in the container's they're in:

UPDATE `pw_containers` SET sItem=CONCAT('#I#', itemResRef,'#', stack,'#',identified,'#0#/I');

Reminder: above is only for the half dozen test servers that had pre-release v10.

Infernus:

Sounds like you're trying to update CnrBoolBuildRecipeDatabase val=1 for table cnr_misc table. If you don't have that table then something has gone wrong with the sql build scripts or nwnx's access to the db.

GrapeApe

View Post

Thx GrapeApe, unfortunatley this information came 4 hours too late and all items in the containers are gone.

#14 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:40 AM

The issue no one has mentioned yet, that is bothering me personally, is this:

Wandering merchants.

Seems BW's toggle for this affects any and all who don't have an established POST waypoint. I'm going through these, and making posts for all that need them. I think it suxx having to hunt down the merchant you need.

For those in the loop, you know that I tried Jasperre's AI, and only switched back to BW's at the last moment (due to several issues with Jasperre's otherwise-wonderful AI). I didn't get a chance to test everything out. I'm willing to release version 11 just over this issue. So, if you have other issues, get them to me quickly (not in this thread, it gets confusing). Else, I'll put out version 11 in a short while.

#15 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:23 AM

couple of questions:
I am using mysql 4.1

1. alter table is not a valid SQL command so i had to hand enter "sItem" dose this have a default value of "null" and or allow "null"
2. UPDATE `pw_containers` SET sItem=CONCAT('#I#', itemResRef,'#', stack,'#',identified,'#0#/I'); There is no identified colum in this table.

As of right now the lockers are not working, any item put into them will dissapear.

im trying to delete the table and reboot server to see if it gets rebuilt correctly.

Edited by muaddib, 09 April 2005 - 07:33 AM.

#16 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:09 AM

couple of questions:
I am using mysql 4.1

1. alter table is not a valid SQL command so i had to hand enter "sItem" dose this have a default value of "null" and or allow "null"
2. UPDATE `pw_containers` SET sItem=CONCAT('#I#', itemResRef,'#', stack,'#',identified,'#0#/I'); There is no identified colum in this table.

As of right now the lockers are not working, any item put into them will dissapear.

im trying to delete the table and reboot server to see if it gets rebuilt correctly.

View Post

1. ALTER TABLE is an SQL command valid in all standard SQL DBMSs and therefore is usable in MySQL v4.1 (same version I'm using) as well as any mysql version you could possibly download and install. And the way the command is layed out should automatically set the column to 'null' allowed and default. You could try taking out the backticks (`) and see if that has any bearing. Are you using a windows sql install? And are you sure your mysql user account has rights to alter tables?

2. I had deleted the columns already when i rewrote this line for the comments in ff_buildtable that I passed to Horred. So, check the column names and make sure they match the 3 fields in there already.

Deleting the table and restarting the module will re-create the correct table structure, so this should work fine for you. Unfortunately, you lose all your stored gear as the table will start empty.

:P

Edited by GrapeApe, 09 April 2005 - 08:10 AM.

#17 muaddib

muaddib
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:15 AM

Deleting the table and restarting the module will re-create the correct table structure, so this should work fine for you.  Unfortunately, you lose all your stored gear as the table will start empty.

View Post

This is what i ended up doing and it is working fine now. Since i already lost all stored items from the new version it didnt really matter to delete it and rebuild .

#18 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:49 AM

Deleting the table and restarting the module will re-create the correct table structure, so this should work fine for you.  Unfortunately, you lose all your stored gear as the table will start empty.

View Post

This is what i ended up doing and it is working fine now. Since i already lost all stored items from the new version it didnt really matter to delete it and rebuild .

View Post

I've heard from others that the table isn't getting built via buildtable, you can use the following to create the table manually:

CREATE TABLE `pw_containers` (
  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `tag` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `name` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
  `timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL,
  `PCid` varchar(128) default NULL,
  `sItem` varchar(255) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  KEY `tag_name_idx` (`tag`,`name`)
)

I have changed the sizes of the tag and name field as the key was too large and was giving an error with the sizes at 255 each. If your table built ok you prolly don't need to change anything, you can use the above as a guide to double check.

GrapeApe

#19 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

Then make one!  (Always a critic out there...) :P

View Post

I was so not criticising, i was just curious to know where it was.

udoh
:)

View Post

Waldo's Woodworks, Village South. ;) Lots of bows and arrows.

#20 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:22 AM

Waldo's Woodworks, Village South. ;) Lots of bows and arrows.

View Post

Got them. Thanks. They look gooooooood.

udoh