Photo

Revan, Exile, Or New Char?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you rather KOTOR followed the life of Revan, the Exile or a new character (as yet unknown..)? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you rather KOTOR followed the life of Revan, the Exile or a new character (as yet unknown..)?

1. Revan (12 votes [32.43%])

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

2. Exile (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

3. ...Or A new Character? (23 votes [62.16%])

Percentage of vote: 62.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Lanky

Lanky
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:15 PM

(By the way I was really dissapointed in KOTOR 2, and the "pecking order" of the sith Lords.  Kriea should have died first....).

View Post

What do you mean??

#22 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:34 AM

Actually, I think I've read somewhere that they've planned six games? Can anyone confirm this or am I just throwing rumors about?
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#23 Myridonius

Myridonius
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

And whatever they do,  do not bring back that stupid old woman from kotor 2 (it's not safe to say that name anymore...) <_<

View Post

Just 2 let u no KREIA IS DEAD. you/me/us/who ever else killed her at the end of KOTOR 2.

We will not running/ be saved/ what ever else by the exil because it would take 2 long for us 2 pic a face and stats for them. then do our new person.

people think b4 u write.

View Post

Yeah, but she might return as a force ghost like obi-wan.

#24 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:42 AM

(By the way I was really dissapointed in KOTOR 2, and the "pecking order" of the sith Lords.  Kriea should have died first....).

View Post

What do you mean??

View Post

What I mean is that, just by looking at the cover of the game, you would think that Darth Nihilus would be the main "bad guy". I mean he looked badass, and even in the game they kind of built him to be this all powerfull Sith Lord. I was really dissapointed to see he was the first one to go down. He should have definitly been the "bad guy boss". I mean, what a friggin let down. Some old chick that got beat up originally by the two Sith Lords ends up being the "bad guy boss"? That was crap.

#25 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:52 PM

just came across this forum and thought it threw up a good idea. me and my best m8 are huge kotor fans and both agreed that some of the good points of kotor 1 were left out of the sequel e.g conent download as i play on xbox someone mentioned the idea of making it like morrowing i think that would work for example possible story line.

Kotor 3: The search for Revan here you could play on as your character from kotor 2 using your saved game data and essentially it would play as an expansion pack allowing you to continue with your own character with his/her own force powers etc. and then search the outer space where revan maybe. i think it could also have a dyanamic storyline as if u made revan lead the sith to victory u could find him/her rebuilding a new sith empire or join him/her to conquer the hidden sith menace he/she was looking for.

another idea i had was online capability so that there was an option to play missions with other online players similar to neverwintrer nights (also developed by bioware) holla bak wit ur opinions.

scruffy G

#26 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:20 AM

just came across this forum and thought it threw up a good idea. me and my best m8 are huge kotor fans and both agreed that some of the good points of kotor 1 were left out of the sequel e.g conent download as i play on xbox someone mentioned the idea of making it like morrowing i think that would work for example possible story line.

Kotor 3: The search for Revan here you could play on as your character from kotor 2 using your saved game data and essentially it would play as an expansion pack allowing you to continue with your own character with his/her own force powers etc. and then search the outer space where revan maybe. i think it could also have a dyanamic storyline as if u made revan lead the sith to victory u could find him/her rebuilding a new sith empire or join him/her to conquer the hidden sith menace he/she was looking for.

another idea i had was online capability so that there was an option to play missions with other online players similar to neverwintrer nights (also developed by bioware) holla bak wit ur opinions.

scruffy G

View Post

You know what? That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. It would solve a lot of the issues that this thread has focused on. Issues like what will the exile look like and starting a new character over from scratch. I think I would actually buy into that storyline, if they make it believeable. Maybe that is where Bio Ware will take this game if they, not Obsidian, develop it.

BIOS

#27 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

a starwars based morrowind...

YUM!!! :w00t:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#28 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:15 AM

^_^
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#29 jezzy101

jezzy101
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:54 AM

i reackon it should be a nnew character, following the other stories, the last ever game should round every game up into one, like a sort of series,not just one game, then a game witha completely different story.

they should all be inter-related. :^^:

#30 jezzy101

jezzy101
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:57 AM

Actually, I think I've read somewhere that they've planned six games? Can anyone confirm this or am I just throwing rumors about?

View Post

i heard that somewhere, too... :ermm:

#31 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:22 AM

I think all the original characters from Kotor I and II should somehow be incorporated into the game whether they join your party or are pc s. Also I think that they should make the Exile evil so LS Revan could kill him cuz i always hated the exile and Revan has always been really cool. :)

#32 telbithus

telbithus
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:31 PM

ok at first i was thinking a new character would not be a way to go. i personally was a huge fan of KOTOR I, kotor II was decent...i had a lot of fun playing it and many parts caught my intriuge...but i was slightly dissapointed with kotor II in the respect that there was really nothing new, and me personally disliked the whole exile thing (obsidian please hand the game back over to bioware) anyways...i was thinking and if they did it right...a new character would be perfect...my vision was at the end to see all three standing upon some sort of temple with either the new character or Reven standing at the front and the other two side by side, with either a bunch of dead sith or some sort of great gathering of admirers...kinda like an empire(of course this would be a dark side ending). oh so anyways that was my "vision". if done right could be incredible but if done wrong could spell disaster...and if they decide to go another way COOL, i hope they kill off the exile though lol...i thought the darkside ending of KOTOR II was shit...pointless and very unrewarding

#33 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:52 AM

it's been said before and now I'll say it, you can't blame Obsidian for Lucasarts cutting development time down
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#34 telbithus

telbithus
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:52 AM

ok yeah ill give you that...i guess it was just some "wrong place wrong time" kinda thing for obsidian...plus they had a huge undertaking to deal with, i mean the *arguably* best rpg on xbox and my personal FAVORITE story twist in any game was KOTOR I and now obsidian had to at least match it(which i think the fell just barely short of) or surpass it (which was certainly not achieved) anyways i guess i will secede my comment about obsidian

#35 -Gavin-

-Gavin-

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:08 PM

Since it seems that Lucas has a "thing" with the trilogies, I think that KOTOR III will be the end of the KOTOR series.  It would seem that the most logical direction for the game to take would be for a new character to meet up with the two previous characters and somehow bring some kind of balance to a seemingly chaotic force. (No more echos, holes in the force, yadda, yadda).  One of the hardest things about how to do this this is how the characters will look (as mentioned previously in this post).  As some have mentioned, Revan should not be hard, just throw a cloak over him and...Boom..instant character.  The exile will be a little more tricky, it will be interesting to see how they handle that one.  But either way, it is inevitable that a new character will be the main focus of KOTOR III.  You have to look at it from a game developer standpoint.  You want to appeal to all possible players, not just those who have played KOTOR I and II.  The way to do that is to make the gamer feel like he/she can jump in at any point in the series and that they will instantly understand the backstory and purpose of the game.  I personally feel like you should have to play KOTOR I and II to play KOTOR III (if it ever gets developed), but I just know that is not the way game develpers think.

One thing I am very excited about is the new enemy.  It was suggested in KOTOR 2 that Revan was in search of the "real Sith Lords".  I think it will be interesting to see how that develops.  They have the potential to create the most evil and powerful sith characters yet.  I hope they take advantage of that. (By the way I was really dissapointed in KOTOR 2, and the "pecking order" of the sith Lords.  Kriea should have died first....).

View Post

Are you guys blind or just stupid the exile had a face, it was on the poster of the game in xbox magazine in january...duh.... white guy, red hair........to be honest with all of you i think the developers should choose and we should be content, they made the series so we should wait and see who they pick.....personally i think the exile lacked a bit of a story in the second one so maybe bringing him back as the main character wouldn't be so bad.....to give him more of a story....

#36 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:41 AM

first of all, no we're not stupid there is no need to insult us, second, that may of been the preference of the person who designed the poster and third, who will decide that the exile is what s/he is? one of the better ideas is to import a saved game from the second game (though I honestly wouldn't know how, it may be a possibility)
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#37 -Gavin-

-Gavin-

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:50 PM

first of all, no we're not stupid there is no need to insult us, second, that may of been the preference of the person who designed the poster and third, who will decide that the exile is what s/he is? one of the better ideas is to import a saved game from the second game (though I honestly wouldn't know how, it may be a possibility)

View Post

It have read right from the game creators at Obsidian that no matter what face you gave him or her that is what he will always look like, sorry ladies but i think Obsidian knows what there doing, personally i wished Bioware would do the third....

#38 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:20 AM

personally i wished Bioware would do the third....

I agree.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#39 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:19 PM

I sincerely doubt that KOTOR 3 will be the end, as Bioware has the rights to the series for however many years. They'll continue to milk the cash cow.
EDIT: Oops, missed second page.

Edited by Mongoose87, 21 July 2005 - 01:20 PM.

#40 femalepaladin

femalepaladin
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:45 AM

Kotor 3 could tie up 1 & 2, which i think would be good. Make a nice box set. But in variations on a theme, you could be a jedi sent to a area to solve a mystery or something. Doesn't always have to the save the universe. Sometimes saving your butt is exciting enough. B)
"you are the Diet Coke of Evil. just one calorie, not even enough" Dr Evil.