Photo

Revan, Exile, Or New Char?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you rather KOTOR followed the life of Revan, the Exile or a new character (as yet unknown..)? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you rather KOTOR followed the life of Revan, the Exile or a new character (as yet unknown..)?

1. Revan (12 votes [32.43%])

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

2. Exile (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

3. ...Or A new Character? (23 votes [62.16%])

Percentage of vote: 62.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Cícero

Cícero
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:27 AM

In my opinion, the only way to tie up the loose ends of KOTOR 2 is to make 2 storylines for KOTOR 3.

In other words, you would have an option of playing as Revan for one storyline, and the Exile, for another. With each storyline touching the other subtly. (more or less like the campaings in Warcraft 3 & expansion).

Because just creating a new character to "try to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile"or "discover what the True Sith are" is, well, :zzz: <_< .

Of course this means that Kotor 3 would have to be 2 games in 1. Many old characters should be back. (My Revan would never leave Bastila behind, thank you very much!!!). Some new ones would have to be created, however. The possibility of talking with Force-Ghosts would be also welcome, as would be the possibility of whacking Master Vrook again, for dark-siders (and, some light siders, too! :cheers: )

Just my opinion.

Edited by Cícero, 18 August 2005 - 11:29 AM.

#42 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:08 PM

That sounds really great! It would defintely be epic!

But there's no chance in hell that the producers will make two games in one, sadly :glare:

Perhaps they'll make half a game with Revan and half a game with the Exile :)

But, I'm still more up for a new char.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#43 Cícero

Cícero
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:38 AM

One thing that would help solving the "overpower" problem would be make you control ONLY the main character.
This does not mean playing solo. It means that any NPCs that joined your group would be totally under control of the computer, including level up choices. Both Fallout 1 & 2 (Two great RPG's made by Black Isle) make good use of this formula. The result is that ONLY the main character becomes really powerful, as it should be. It also makes easier to make the other characters behave truly according to their personalities. (for example, would Carth, or Handmaiden, let you murder children? And HK-47?)
Having NPCs that are as much in your control as any other real person would (in other words, NOT in your control at all), would certainly make the game more interesting, AND more challenging. (NO, you idiot! Do NOT fire your blasters against that fuel containers! That will destroy everything in one-mile radius! ANSWER: Exactly, Master. :whistling: )

Any comments on this?

#44 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:27 PM

Any comments on this?

View Post

Neverwinter Nights :(
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#45 Cícero

Cícero
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:02 PM

I've never seen Neverwinter Nights...

#46 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:04 AM

Its not a great game in my opinion. You have no control over the NPCs apart from whether they use ranged or melee weapons, and theyre reasonably stupid for the most part (although there is a mod which allows you a lot more interaction IIRC).
It would be a good thing if it was done well, but I dont think having them totally under the control of the computer would be a good idea, some sort of restrictions would be good - only attack certain enemies, only attack at certain times, only use certain abilities etc.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#47 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:23 AM

New char, it means they can do whatever they like rather than being restricted. Theres nothing stopping them from adding revan/the exil as party members though (although the Exile may cause some problems because of the name...)

View Post

And what about the face?? big problem. with reven they would just put the robe back on but with the exil it would b hard

View Post

They can just have you customize your three characters. New guy, Reven, and the exile.

#48 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

New char, it means they can do whatever they like rather than being restricted. Theres nothing stopping them from adding revan/the exil as party members though (although the Exile may cause some problems because of the name...)

View Post

And what about the face?? big problem. with reven they would just put the robe back on but with the exil it would b hard

View Post

They can just have you customize your three characters. New guy, Reven, and the exile.

View Post

People can correctly spell Darth Sidious, Master Windu, the Millenium Falcon, Chewbacca, and the words "customize" and "characters".

What is so hard about the five letter name "R-E-V-A-N"?

Not meant as personal attack, I just find it funny, 'cause there's actually quite alot of people who does it :D
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#49 -Kylie-

-Kylie-

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

first of all, no we're not stupid there is no need to insult us, second, that may of been the preference of the person who designed the poster and third, who will decide that the exile is what s/he is? one of the better ideas is to import a saved game from the second game (though I honestly wouldn't know how, it may be a possibility)

View Post

It have read right from the game creators at Obsidian that no matter what face you gave him or her that is what he will always look like, sorry ladies but i think Obsidian knows what there doing, personally i wished Bioware would do the third....

Then I just won't buy the third game IF Obsidian (or whoever makes it) does that and play Neverwinter Nights 2, instead. No big lose to me. For some reason, my enthusiasum about KOTOR died away a while ago for no particular reason. I honestly don't think that they would define who Exile/Revan is, anyway, because the first two games were about YOUR character, not what obsidian/bioware or whoever thinks that character is. When you do that you lose the whole point of RPGs and, when you do that, you lose customers. B)

#50 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:27 AM

first of all, no we're not stupid there is no need to insult us, second, that may of been the preference of the person who designed the poster and third, who will decide that the exile is what s/he is? one of the better ideas is to import a saved game from the second game (though I honestly wouldn't know how, it may be a possibility)

View Post

It have read right from the game creators at Obsidian that no matter what face you gave him or her that is what he will always look like, sorry ladies but i think Obsidian knows what there doing, personally i wished Bioware would do the third....

Then I just won't buy the third game IF Obsidian (or whoever makes it) does that and play Neverwinter Nights 2, instead. No big lose to me. For some reason, my enthusiasum about KOTOR died away a while ago for no particular reason. I honestly don't think that they would define who Exile/Revan is, anyway, because the first two games were about YOUR character, not what obsidian/bioware or whoever thinks that character is. When you do that you lose the whole point of RPGs and, when you do that, you lose customers. B)

Yes... I agree that they probably won't ever create a face for Revan or the Exile. However, RPGs do have pre-made characters, and are still very popular e.g. the Final Fantasy series.