Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:40 AM

I've got one for you: I tried to start the Druid tree quest, and when I went to see the Lord, he said nothing, and then suddenly none of my characters can initiate dialog (they don't have permission). I did set the multiplayer permissions to full for every player. Now every time I load the game the same thing happens to everyone, even in other areas....

Oh and I can't save after talking to Signax either- because "dialogue is about to start"

#62 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:58 AM

his butler starts the dialog. try to talk to him or load a previous save.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#63 -Gir Draxon-

-Gir Draxon-

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:45 PM

his butler starts the dialog. try to talk to him or load a previous save.

Nobody is able to initiate any dialog. I'm led to beleive that this was caused by a scripting glitch... I suppose the only real way to know is to create a new game and see what happens with a completely different game altogether... But for now, I'm stuck in the dungeon on the Claire quest. I'll try the Signax stuff again when I can.

#64 SuperNovice

SuperNovice
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:44 AM

I didn't see this one up here yet.

None of the abilities on The Holy Staff of Nature +1 work for me. Whenever I attempt to use them, it says it cast the spell but has no target designated and does nothing.

For example, when you cast Cure Moderate Wounds on someone, it should say:

Dante casts Cure Moderate Wounds: Jaheira

When I use the staff, I get:

Dante casts Cure Moderate Wounds

Also, the description says Moderate Wounds but it casts attempts to cast Cure Serious Wounds.

And a dialogue gripe I have, when I'm talking to the Matron Mother in Suldanesselar and trying to get the Brain from her, I'm given two options:

I swear to help you find another way to destroy Suldanesselar.
I promise to help you find another way to destroy Suldanesselar.

Obviously those aren't exact but that's the gist of your two choices. There needs to be some indicator to show that you intend to lie in the second one. For example,

(Lie) I promise to help you...blah blah blah

As it is, it looks as though you're forced to betray the elves. The only way you find out differently is by picking the right one then looking in your journal or playing through.

#65 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:03 AM

None of the abilities on The Holy Staff of Nature +1 work for me. Whenever I attempt to use them, it says it cast the spell but has no target designated and does nothing.

I've noticed that, and now it's fixed.

And a dialogue gripe I have, when I'm talking to the Matron Mother in Suldanesselar and trying to get the Brain from her, I'm given two options:

I swear to help you find another way to destroy Suldanesselar.
I promise to help you find another way to destroy Suldanesselar.

Obviously those aren't exact but that's the gist of your two choices. There needs to be some indicator to show that you intend to lie in the second one.

I have to slap my proofreaders on their wrist. :) there should be [LIE] before 'I promise to help you find another way to destroy Suldanesselar'

thanks for your help

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#66 SuperNovice

SuperNovice
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:06 AM

More stuff. ;)

I bought 2 Gem Bags in Trademeet at the very beginning of the game. Strangely enough, the program doesn't recognize that each container is separate. Basically, I have two Gem Bags in my inventory and whenever I put something in either one, it shows up in both. The same goes for the 2 Scroll Cases I bought at the same time.

Also, the Soulless Hobgoblin's name is misspelled as Hobgolbin.

I'll put up some more when I find them. :)

#67 SuperNovice

SuperNovice
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:33 PM

Also, a lot of the time when you enter a new zone, the party is facing the wrong direction. It's not a big deal for the most part but in some areas, you get attacked right when you enter.

The Temple of Amaunator is a good example of this. I enter the area with my party facing the door and away from the enemy. My casters are then immediately attacked by 10 Undead Thieves while I scramble madly trying to get the party into the correct position.