Photo

Qwen Ta'hara

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LadyKnight99

LadyKnight99
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:42 PM

I'm thinking about attempting modding, I don't promise anything though and here is an idea for a joinable NPC....

Name:Qwen Ta'hara
Race:Half-elf
Class:Fighter
Weapon:Longsword and large shield
Eye color:Brown
Hair:Short dirty-blonde hair that goes to her mid-neck.
Alignment:Chaotic Good
~Stats~
Str:18/00
Dex:9
Con:17
Int:10
Wis:10
Cha:12

Bio: She doesn't really have a particularly angst-filled past (I get sick of angsty characters) and she isn't one to dramatize everything. She is very clumsy, which I figured would be a good offset for her high strength and she isn't very wise or intelligent so anything she says for you to do then just smile and do the complete opposite but she does have a strong sense of what is right and just. She can't stand rules or the law and always is getting herself into trouble. She also can't stand elves, which is ironic considering that she grew up around elves. She left her home without her mother's consent and now she just wants to experience adventure...let's just hope she doesn't get herself killed. She doesn't win every argument though she will try to pick on other NPCs for their faults she usually loses the argument.

~Attitudes for other NPCs (in her own words)~
Cernd:F-R-E-A-K...FREAK! What is up with all the metaphors and similies and is up with all his tree hugging and 'Balance' talk! Ugh! I prefer cities!
Nalia:Look at me! I grew up having everything I ever wanted but yet feel so sad! Boo hoo...I don't like this chick!
Jan: Oooo! His stories are too cool...sure they're lies but WHATEVER!
Aerie:Every one lets weep for Aerie! She lost her wings and now has to live like the rest of us!
Minsc:The coolest ranger ever! I mean, look at his hamster...TOO CUTE!
Jaheira:Bla Bla Bla Nag Nag Nag...does she not have a shut up lever anywhere!?
Keldorn:He's okay...(somtimes) when he is not bragging about upholding the "law". What has the law ever done for me!? Besides, I have my own rules that I play by...heh heh....oh and it really annoys me when he says "Wisdom comes with maturity." What the heck is that supposed to mean!? I'm already the wisest person in this whole party!
Edwin:Look at me! I wear red-robes! I am so cool! Look at me while I shoot a magic missle! See See! I killed a chipmunk! See my awesome power! I don't like this guy though he can be cool SOMETIMES.
Valygar:Uhh...he has some problems he needs to fix. Magic isn't all THAT bad and not all wizards want to kill you! Though, magic is useless to the skills of a beautiful fighter such as myself!
Imoen:Talks too much and she also stole my cookie! I didn't see her take it but I just know she did! I'll get her back for that, ya'll see...
Korgan:Hah hah! What a joke! What a loser! He thinks he is SO bad but I could take him on any day!
Yoshimo:He is one interesting and unusual, dude. I mean he is from another continent! TOO COOL!
Mazzy:She could lighten up a bit. Life ain't all being a paladin...or attempting to be. She might as well be a paladin...sure meets the 'boring as a stick' requirements.
Viconia:What a stupid skank. I mean, she is so mean to me! She called me a...something that's in drow and I can't pronounce but I am SURE that it is mean!
Haer' Dalis:If he calls me 'Hatchling' one more time I'm gonna take his lyre and shove it where the sun don't shine!
Anomen:Did you know that he killed twenty giants? Too cool! Except one day I am gonna totally beat that number by killing fifty giants! Can't stand all that paladin-babble he keeps spewing! Ugh! Can't stand paladins really!

Suggestions and all that is appreciated. Oh, and if anybody has any ideas for banters or anything like that then let me know either through my email or post it here or whatever.

Edited by LadyKnight99, 27 April 2005 - 01:44 PM.

#2 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:58 PM

The umm.... 'Modernish slang' is a bit jaring, and speaking like that, while maybe funny at first, gets a little annoying. Like, by the time I finished this thread.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#3 kingkiller

kingkiller
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:24 PM

A character who seems to talk and have the mind of a modern, teenage girl? The dialogue seems like it is out of a bad Mary Sue fan fiction. Though, if you did it right, you could make it humorous.

#4 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:16 PM

This may be just my personal opinion, but man is she ever bitchy. It's like she gets annoyed by everything and everyone. Indeed she sounds like a modern-world teenage girl (one of the 5%, since definately not all girls are like that) who's trapped inside the BGII world. She sounds more like Chaotic Neutral to me. And why the 18/00 Strength? That means she is just as powerful as Sarevok, and he's large and very muscular. :blink:

I apologise for the negative commentary, but I have to be honest. I'll try out every NPC Mod out there, but I think I'll have to skip this one, if it doesn't get some serious tweaks. Sorry.

*dodges rotten tomatoes*

#5 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:24 AM

This may be just my personal opinion, but man is she ever bitchy. It's like she gets annoyed by everything and everyone. Indeed she sounds like a modern-world teenage girl (one of the 5%, since definately not all girls are like that) who's trapped inside the BGII world. She sounds more like Chaotic Neutral to me. And why the 18/00 Strength? That means she is just as powerful as Sarevok, and he's large and very muscular.  :blink:

I apologise for the negative commentary, but I have to be honest. I'll try out every NPC Mod out there, but I think I'll have to skip this one, if it doesn't get some serious tweaks. Sorry.

You said what I was thinking, Moongaze. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#6 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:49 AM

In defence of my generation... I've never met any girl my age that spoke like that... O.o;. But then again, it may be different in America or wherever. But yeah... to the point, she does seem pretty modern-minded, as it were.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#7 K. Lou of Combs

K. Lou of Combs
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:55 AM

In defence of my generation... I've never met any girl my age that spoke like that... O.o;. But then again, it may be different in America or wherever. But yeah... to the point, she does seem pretty modern-minded, as it were.

View Post

I don't know anyone who talks like that, per se, though I certainly have *heard* that kind of talk over here in California, usually from the empty-headed D&F-students who populate half of my high school's P.E. classes.

As for your character, if you changed her alignment (Chaotic Neutral would probably be best, like Moongaze said) and made her dialect older (much, MUCH older - think of the time the game is set in), then it would probably do much better as an NPC. Also, if she really has "a strong sense of what is right and just" as you say, it should show in her dialogue.

Take note that I'm not trying to insult you or anything, I'm just offering some suggestions in case you really want to create this mod.
"Without my glasses, I see the world as it really is: kinda blurry."

The stupidest, silliest mod in progress is right here:
The Mary Sue NPC Mod

#8 LuckyOne

LuckyOne
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:37 AM

This may be just my personal opinion, but man is she ever bitchy. It's like she gets annoyed by everything and everyone. Indeed she sounds like a modern-world teenage girl (one of the 5%, since definately not all girls are like that) who's trapped inside the BGII world. She sounds more like Chaotic Neutral to me. And why the 18/00 Strength? That means she is just as powerful as Sarevok, and he's large and very muscular. :blink:

I think Moongaze summed up what I was thinking in his post. However, I'd also have to query her 9 DEX STAT. While I know that 9/10 is meant to be the Forgotten Realms average, Elves and Half-Elves are meant to be dexterous, which Qwen most certainly isn't :blink: She'd also make a very poor Fighter if she was continually tripping over herself!

The fact that she also has such a negative attitude may well put alot of people off from playing the mod; her attitude would get incredibly grating after a while, and is very out of place within the Forgotten Realms setting.

I apologise for the negative comments, but there really isn't anything positive that I can say about the current Mod concept. Maybe if you tweaked her STAT's and attitude she'd make a more acceptable NPC, aye? ;)
Narbondel: Fantasy RolePlaying Campaign

'Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying...'