Photo

What do you want to see in TOB for Chloe?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Slayer299

Slayer299
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:02 AM

As some of you know, work has just started on Chloe TOB. However, I am interested in hearing what you want to see happen to Chloe in TOB. Now this topic was started over a year ago so I'm throwing the door open to your thoughts and suggestions (barring pregnancy either for Chloe, Immy or <CHARNAME>).

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:19 PM

As some of you know, work has just started on Chloe TOB. However, I am interested in hearing what you want to see happen to Chloe in TOB.  Now this topic was started over a year ago so I'm throwing the door open to your thoughts and suggestions (barring pregnancy either for Chloe, Immy or <CHARNAME>).

View Post

Seeing as I was kinda disappointed this never made it to ToB, and you're not getting a lot of replies, maybe you might consider advertising you're doing the ToB portion elsewhere? I get the feeling not a lot of people visit theis forum, as thye have the mod, and don't have any way to know it's up and running.

#3 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:40 PM

Might as well. I'm sure a lot of people have already given up on the hope of a possible ToB portion, so they have no reason to come back here and all... advertising on multiple forums, providing a link to this forum, would help a lot, I think.

#4 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

Chloe was the first mod I ever played and was very disapointed when I found out there was no TOB portion to follow up. :crying: After sporadically checking this forum I was thrilled to find work had already started. Yay! :thumb: Anywho, I'd love to Chloe's and <CHARNAME>'s relationship evolve emotionally and maybe, erm, physically. It doesn't have to be anything graphic, but there should definately be some npc's reaction. Can you imagine Boo having to explain to Minsc what happened between the two girls. :lol: Or Jaheira object to their behaviour.

#5 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

Why would Jaheira object to their behavior? She's a druid, she knows those things happen in nature, and with humans. If anyone objected to it, I think it would be Anomen (because he's a di... er... stuck up guy), Viconia because she's an attention wh.... er... domineering control freak, Aerie because she might not understand it or something... hmm... Korgan because he's a per... er.... because he's not getting any... and because they're being lovey dovey instead of piling corpses up or something... um... hmm... Edwin maybe because you know he's a pri.... er............. mean guy. ;)

I dunno. But I think Jaheira would be the last person to object to it. Not because I think she'd be interested in a romance like that, because I'm not saying that, but because she would know that it's a natural part of life, and as a druid, she would respect that.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#6 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:38 PM

Posted Today, 07:16 PM
  Why would Jaheira object to their behavior? She's a druid, she knows those things happen in nature, and with humans. If anyone objected to it, I think it would be Anomen (because he's a di... er... stuck up guy), Viconia because she's an attention wh.... er... domineering control freak, Aerie because she might not understand it or something... hmm... Korgan because he's a per... er.... because he's not getting any... and because they're being lovey dovey instead of piling corpses up or something... um... hmm... Edwin maybe because you know he's a pri.... er............. mean guy. 

I think Jaheira would object at first only because she's a mother figure to <CHARNAME>, and let's face it, she can be a little rigid. However, after having 'heart to heart' talk with <CHARNAME> I picture Jaheira changing her mind.

I think Viconia would be accepting, but a little jealous, being a creature of pleasures of the flesh. Sir Pompous Arse's reaction is a given. And I do agree with you on every one else's reaction. ;)

#7 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:11 AM

1 I would like to know what is the stuff with the green metal ball . If I remember, It was supposed to have something to do with her blades. I think there are descriptions in the mod for the blades further upgrades (by the way, the name "inferno" doesn't really fit the relic of a god of light and hope. How about "gaze of Lathandar"? )

2 I remember Chloe arguing with her mother that she wants to be strong by herself not through her help. If so , perhaps Akadia could (instead of helping) , provide her with a challenge, to allow her to test her limits. She is a goddess and she knows the future. If her daughter wants to be independent so much, Akadia can arrange an alternative path for her fate. One that would provide her with a challenge needed to develop further. Perhaps the fate of the party will rely on Chloe completing some quest alone, perhaps fighting a duel against a creature infamous for its skill with a blade (like a marilith) ?

3 I would like to see more poems by Celeste of Waterdeep.

4 What do you want with Edwin? I too would be a bit pissed if a girl travelling with me had a girlfriend and I didn't. :hug: :angry:

Edited by Efreet, 20 May 2005 - 09:12 AM.

Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#8 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:57 AM

No no, I didn't mean that I thought Viconia wouldn't be accepting of the relationship, only that she isn't being given the attention and control that she feels she deserves. A bit of a "Damn, I thought that because she was a woman that I couldn't control her as easily as I would a man, but now that she's shown her interests lie there, I lost my chance to dominate her." Actually, I could see Viconia trying to cause strife between the two, and perhaps try to insinuate herself into the PC's favor. That would be amusing. ;)

#9 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:06 AM

Actually, I could see Viconia trying to cause strife between the two, and perhaps try to insinuate herself into the PC's favor. That would be amusing.

That would be very amusing indeed. :devil:

I would like to see more poems by Celeste of Waterdeep.

I agree with Efreet. The poems were quite lovely.... why not treat us with more. I could almost picture Chloe reciting a poem to <CHARNAME> in front of the fire. Or something a little more romantic, but you get the picture.

#10 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:32 AM

Add Keldorn to the list. He wouldn't accept them either.

Also, as I expressed it before, the first thing that should be done to this mod before starting work on ToB is correcting the bugs and flaws of the actual SoA version.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#11 -I'm not dead yet!-

-I'm not dead yet!-

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:49 AM

It is great to hear that Chloe will be having TOB content! I can't wait to see what comes up, ofcourse continuing the quest she begins after returning from the Underdark.. I think it would be interesting to see some jealousy from Viconia (Perhaps working something in with the "Bi Viconia" mod [gibberlings3]?).

... Oops, just checked G3, the Viccy mod is inactive. :(

Anyways, I'll be checking back more often now, I'll also see if I can figure a good place to post that Chloe is back on track. :)

-Deg
"Toast! ... I got nothing."

#12 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:12 AM

I'd be happy to see Chloe TOB. Unfortunately, I am too busy to actually play dialogue mods, so I just download the Zip file and read D files. (Damn, how I hate TRA versions!)

So, don't worry about the bugs. I'm sure many people would like to see the simplest of betas, but soon. :)

#13 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:31 AM

About Jaheira , really depends on her approach to 'things happen in Nature too between fishies and frogs, and trees' or 'tis unnatural because it cannot produce any offspring'. Generally speaking the latter is similar to african-pagan-christian view -- no objections from 'moral' PoV, but is 'unnatural' because of - see above. I suspect Jaheira would disapprove, exactly because there can be no procreation, and purely for this mechanical reason. Druids are funny like this.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#14 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

Actually it's quite natural for animals to have sex for pleasure, too. Especially simians, our "closest relatives". And, I should point out, especially females. It is quite common for female simians to have have sex with each other when they're in season, despite the fact that it produces no offspring. And it happens a lot in other species too, both males and females. A druid would know this, and know it is a part of nature, both human and animal.

#15 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

I am just curious when such observations about sexual activities among animals were made, recorded and become common knowledge among scientific community? Jaheira might not know of these facts if they are ahead of her time. While I see druids as having very little artificial restrictions I still will be reluctant to extract conclusions about a druid's mindset based on 19th-21st century science. We are in 14th century after all, even if we are not on planet Earth, and it did not look like science is an important part of the Realms. It's more magic. I would be more comfortable with the argument of 'Jaheira herself does not have children in her marriage to Khalid so she did not put having children on the high priority list for every woman'.

Edited by Ashara, 26 May 2005 - 05:18 PM.

#16 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

Taking her magic link with nature , her understanding of it can be better than that of XIX century scientist's . It is much easier to understand animals when you can become one at will.
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#17 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:25 PM

Actually this would be something that has been observed. Someone who lives in nature and knows animals as intimately as a druid would, would know and understand their behavior. Far more intimately than people in a lab.

Now, if you want to argue that Jaheira might object to their relationship because she feels the PC isn't thinking clearly, or is too young to be that attached... or whatever... but then... wouldn't she also object the PC gets involved with Anomen? Or a male pc gets involved wit Aerie? (We know she objects about Viconia... but for different reasons). And she has no problems getting involved with a male PC herself... even so soon after her beloved husband's death. So... I can't see that happening either.

#18 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:22 PM

I must say I never meant for this to turn into a debate... I just assumed this would be a reasonable reaction from Jaheira. I never meant to insinuate that she?s homophobic, after all I agree such beliefs would go against being a druid and all that. Maybe there were ulterior motives behind it...maybe Jaheira is a little jealous of <MAINCHAR> moving on. *shrugs*

Hmmm...maybe this topic should have thread of it's own. ;)

#19 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:41 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but usually the whole debate about same sex relationship is rooted in the main postulate -- it is not all about sex and animalistic carnal desires, but rather spiritual and emotional connection. I simply assume that druids, and Jaheira in particular, as a worshipper of Chauntea and Silvanus would put more accent of the purely animalistic and procreational aspect of romantic relationship. You have to agree that animals usually engage in sex for mundane reason of procreation, and same sex relationship between primates is a rather... er exotic situation, that can be considered 'unnatural' by worshippers of the goddess of fertility (Chauntea) and the god of wild life (Silvanus).

I simply imply that a priest of Sharess and a druidess would have very different views on sex, and Jaheira as a druid would feel uncomfortable about her protegee engaging in a (supposedly) long term romantic liason that by default cannot lead to reproduction.

I hope that explains my point of view. See, political correctness can play rather evil jokes when discussing a topic that is a bit explosive to put it lightly. I hope that you don't take this post as an expression of homophobia.

Edited by dorotea, 27 May 2005 - 09:45 PM.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#20 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:44 PM

I cannot see why worshippers of the personification of Fertility and Life would be considered homophobiacs. (this is about Jaheira == homophobiac if she disapproves of same sex relationship). It is like saying that a vegetarean must be a meat-eater-hater. I daresay it is not the same.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes