Photo

What do you want to see in TOB for Chloe?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:51 PM

I think your point of view on procreation according the beliefs of the two deities could be seen as a double-edged sword. If Jaheira indeed considered the same sex relationship as 'unnatural' simply because there would be no procreation involved, than that would make her relationship with Khalid just as 'unnatural' since Jaheira did not bear any children while married to him.

Even the romantic epilogue for <MAINCHAR> and Jaheira says nothing about Jaheira conceiving any children! Unless of course you installed the npc flirt packs, but that's a moot point.

#22 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:54 AM

Even the romantic epilogue for <MAINCHAR> and Jaheira says nothing about Jaheira conceiving any children!  Unless of course you installed the npc flirt packs, but that's a moot point.

View Post

Her extended Ascension epilogue also specifies a son.

Anyway, while I'm here. Uh. Actually working out that voice thing might be appreciated by a lot of players. And squelching "Lucy says 'hi!'" since you've said it comes up more often than you thought it would.

#23 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:14 AM

It is entirely different game to enter a relationship without being aware of the consequences, vs accepting as a given that you will never have children with this partner. You argument would be valid if she knew Khalid was infertile and sacrificed part of her beliefs to be with him. There is no indication she did or that she does not expect to eventually have children. Besides, they are both half-elves -- and as such their life span is longer.

By the way, I would not even bring this argument if they were both full blood elves or raised in elven society. Elves don't differentiate between same sex and hetero relationship ( as far as I know). But they were not.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#24 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

Mating for life is also very rare in the animal world, and therefore the "natural" world. Should Jaheira then, be against that? Perhaps that would explain why she can start getting interested in a male PC so quickly.

If that is the case, wouldn't it also be logical to assume that Jaheira cam see a difference between a mated pair for security and/or romantic reasons, and one for procreative purposes? After all, just because the PC and Chloe are in a relationship, that doesn't proclude the fact that either one of them could seek out a man to give them a child. Even a number of the animals that have been observed as mating for life will still mate with a more desirable male when they have the opportunity, and nurture those young among the young that their own partner gives them. There's a bird species, I forget which one because I'm not exactly very knowledgable about birds, but I remember learning in school that for a long time people observed that they mated for life, but then some scientists did some DNA testing on the offspring (or the eggs or um... something) and found that often the young would have different fathers, even though they "mated for life". Maybe Khalid was infertile... and maybe Jaheira always figured if and when she wanted children she could simply find a suitable male to impregnate her and then she and Khalid would raise the child (whether she told him about the other man or not would be up to her). Or maybe Jaheira was the infertile one, and she might not have a problem with Khalid seeking someone to give them a baby... or maybe they'd adopt one. But more than likely, they weren't "trying" to have children yet because they were both adventurers. Perhaps Jaheira even used magic or some natural medicines to lower her chances of conceiving. We don't know, no matter what the situation is it would be conjecture.

But, all that is beside the point. We're talking about Throne of Bhaal dialogues. Jaheira did not object to the relationship in Shadows of Amn, so if she did start objecting in Throne of Bhaal, it would have to be for different reasons then whether or not the union was natural. It would have to be either that she just doesn't like Chloe as a person (which I think is the more likely scenario) or that she didn't think they would have anything more than a fling and doesn't care for the fact that the relationship is turning serious, for whatever reason, either because of Chloe herself or the relationship, it doesn't matter. That Chloe and Jaheira get on each other's nerves is established, though. They're both very headstrong women and are bound to butt heads every now and then... figuratively speaking, of course.

But, we've heard this suggestion. It's time for others, so either drop this subject or move it to another thread. This one is for what you want to see in Chloe's Throne of Bhaal mod. ;)

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#25 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:19 AM

It's been over a year since I played this mod, but after beating SOA last night with Chloe in my party, I came up with a few ideas for TOB. :online2long:

1. Find out what the strange lump of metal is for. Maybe it's something Cespenar can work his magic with.

2. Spicing up the flirt options. :devil: ;)

3. Find out what Illasera and/or the Five wanted with the Yr'kai boy. Is it safe to assume he is one of The Children? If so, does this change Chloe's perception of <CHARNAME> and Imoen; after all they too are Bhaalspawn. Maybe Akadia and Lathander can assign Chloe a quest to have her village avenged.

You get the picture.

#26 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

L¤J

• 451 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:00 PM

a 4-way banter between all the godspawns... :P

#27 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:52 AM

View Post

That one's a must.

Also, how would Chloe react to the Ascension of <CHARNAME> with whom she was planning to spend a life with? (Or at least a few weeks, anyway :P )

I figure they'd also have a few discussions about it - Chloe probably would end the relationship if the <CHARNAME> announced beforehand that she intends to Ascend. Continuing that line of thought - by what I've observed from Chloe... if the PC would claim and swear to stay with Chloe and then would still choose divinity... well, I can see our resident kensai react with violence...
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#28 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:01 PM

I just want my pc to be able to tell Chloe she'd cross the world to kiss her. :hug: :wub:
Beyond that... hmm perhaps a small contest between Chloe and Charname they would both deliberately try to lose.

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:54 AM

I was wondering whether the work on the ToB project is still going on or whether it has been cancelled. :(

#30 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:54 AM

I was wondering whether the work on the ToB project is still going on or whether it has been cancelled. :(

#31 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

Sigh...yeah. I asked a while back and unless things have changed, the conclusion of Chloe has been cancelled. :( So we'll never know how things would have turned out!

#32 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:47 PM

but what would poor saverok have to say?

#33 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:05 PM

Sigh...yeah. I asked a while back and unless things have changed, the conclusion of Chloe has been cancelled. :( So we'll never know how things would have turned out!

That's a shame... surely there are some modders out there who would take on the task? I would if I knew how to mod.

#34 Hubelpot the Sage

Hubelpot the Sage
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:31 AM

I would too, I'd include a romance with Viconia in addition to <charname> and Imoen, and try to figure out some way to enable you to romance her and Imoen ( if you have that mod) at the same time. :twisted:
Posted Image

"In matters of the heart, courage cannot overcome cowardice until I am honest with myself, until I admit the truth." -- Drizzt Do'Urden

#35 -ewok40k-

-ewok40k-

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:46 AM

just noticed some similarity between Chloe and Shana from anime "Shakugan no Shana" (Flame-Haired Red hot-eyed Hunter - doesn't sound familiar?) One thing i'd like to see would be a pendant allowing Chloe to comunnicate with patron deity)