• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:11 PM

Yes, Patrick has been chosen as the wraith in ToB. As for the G3 kit, it's part of Idobek's NPC kit pack. Ours is similar but has a couple of small differences, so you'd have to select which of the you wished to install. Both are optional so you could have both mods installed and neither kit, or either one. It's up to the player to select their preferred one and install only that. Thanks for the questions.

SK

Current Mods in the Works: The Mazzy Romance Mod

#22 -Skai-

-Skai-

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:46 AM

If I'm not completely mistaken, I'm pretty sure that after killing Shadow-Patrick, a male elven-avatar appears as the dead body (which you loot for cloak of stars and that halberd). Could have been mistaken though.

#23 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:40 PM

You might be right on that point, but with Baldur's Gate that doesn't really mean anything, it's full of inconsistincies and oddities. For the purpose of this mod, he is a halfling, as I am fairly sure that is what his race was intended.

SK

#24 8people

8people
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:49 AM

If I rememeber corectly in my game nothing appeared there except a pile of things :blink:
The only elven sprite there is Merella the ranger from Imnesville.

There is never any clear indication of what race Patrick really is, most people would presume human from the shadow form he takes with the shade lord, but then again, there aren't any 'mini-shadows' for him to presume. How do you measure the shadow spirit of a person anyway? ;)

#25 Snowking

Snowking

Asylum Escapee

• Modder
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

Haha, good point 8people. As for a mini-shadow, it would've been cool, but seeing as they have none I assume they just used the big shadow. I suppose that really Patrick's race is up to the player, since I don't think it's every officially mentioned, but I've gone with Halfing, as it seemed most appropriate.

SK

#26 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

In Mazzy's first dialogue segment with you, she says "My beloved Patrick has been turned into a shadow"

Doesn't sound like a comradely type of relationship.

This does certainly imply that she had "feelings" for him, but that would only make them lovers if 1) he felt the same way and 2) they'd acted on it (something they might have been hesitant to do given their professional relationship, and it being a dangerous one at that). I'm not sure that the game necessarily suggests either.

Haha, good point 8people. As for a mini-shadow, it would've been cool, but seeing as they have none I assume they just used the big shadow. I suppose that really Patrick's race is up to the player, since I don't think it's every officially mentioned, but I've gone with Halfing, as it seemed most appropriate.

A possible resolution suggests itself, but I can't find the damn page now. I could have sworn it was on Myth-Drannor.net .... basically, it described a variation of half-elf with one elven and one halfling parent. Quite rare, but not completely unknown...

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#27 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

Personally, I don't think there are things as "mini - Shadows".
Shadows are a special kind of undead, a race of Shadows. *I read that in the manual*

"Shadows are malevolent, undead creatures that drain strength from their victims with their chilling touch. Those so afflicted can look forward to become a Shadow themselves if contact continues."

So, I think Patrick, halfling or gnome, was morphed (although I cannot imagine how it would look) into a Shadow. :devil:
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#28 -Meram-

-Meram-

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

This is old, but I have to crush the fact Patrick was anything but a halfling. Read her biography, and it pretty specifically says halfling companions that she traveled with, not humans. :) Thus, yes, Patrick is a halfling. And it makes sense anyway.

#29 honjae

honjae
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Is this project still going on?

#30 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Nope.

#31 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

Definately and utterly - dead. Defunct. Deceased.Terminally moribund. :D

-Y-

#32 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

Yep, as they said, it's dead.

Though I hoped a similar thing might "replace" it, that doesn't seem to be the case, either.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#33 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

berelinde and I had a plan for a Mazzy romance as well, but we never got around to doing it, and it's unlikely to see the light of day now. I'd love to see someone take a crack at it. :)

#34 BCaesar

BCaesar
  • Modder
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

berelinde and I had a plan for a Mazzy romance as well, but we never got around to doing it, and it's unlikely to see the light of day now. I'd love to see someone take a crack at it. :)

Us! We are taking a crack at it here: http://www.shsforums...ll-in-progress/

Mod: All Things Mazzy (banters, romance, expanded friendship and more)
Tutorial/Coding: Rest Check (coding for anyone to make their Mod's rest scenes yield to those from BG2:EE and additional coding to make them yield to those from a list of other mods as well.