Photo

Detectives (f and m) wanted!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 -Tengu-

-Tengu-

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:09 AM

Magic is a weapon of will. A broken mage would be of little use.

#22 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:23 AM

At the moment there is one NPC that is being corrupted by Kido. However, this isn't the main goal of MftW, but of Midnight Visitor.

I would like to point out that no, it is not the main goal of 'A Midnight Visitor', it is a part of the story arc. The focus of 'A Midnight Visitor' is on the PC.

#23 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

At the moment there is one NPC that is being corrupted by Kido. However, this isn't the main goal of MftW, but of Midnight Visitor.

I would like to point out that no, it is not the main goal of 'A Midnight Visitor', it is a part of the story arc. The focus of 'A Midnight Visitor' is on the PC.

View Post

Sorry, that is of course true. If I am correct (you may correct me if am wrong again Ashara), it is mainly about a lover for the PC. In order to get less competition and for other reasons certain NPC's are corrupted and others die. All through different ways of course and it involves new classes and portraits for those corrupted.

*Spoiler*

Seems somehow either no one yet noticed my entire posts or none has found out. Kido corrupts a NPC! It might not be to evil, but it remains corruption.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#24 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:26 AM

Windspear Hills

Lord Jierdan Firkraag quest:
Instead of helping Garren get his land back, betray him by killing Firkraag and taking the deed for your own and sell his daugther

The Graveyard
The Mournful Paladin and the Little Girl

Maybe a bit more evil dialog. Something like provoking the Paladin or telling him a few lies.

Buried Alive
Let him rot in the grave, or pretend to help him, then bury him alive again.

Wellyn the Halfling Ghost Child and his Teddy bear "Littleman"
Let the ghost suffer an eternity by some evil act with that teddybear.

City Gate
Two Star-Crossed Lovers
When that guy in the inn starts babbeling about the lovers, instead of telling them to follow true love, destroy their romance completely.

Bribery and Guards
The guard at the city gates gets bribed by a shadow thief. A more evil outcome would be to blackmail the guard.

The Bridge

I'm not going to cover the skinner murders, since there already is an option to help Tanner in the game. Maybe some edited dialog, but nothing mayor.

Raelis Shae Begs for Help
Trap them in another plane :devil:, or strike a deal with the Cambion.

Government District

Keldorn's Family Troubles
This would be great, if you could stir the feeling of revenge within Keldorn.

Umar Hills

Investigate the Deaths in Umar Hills
Betray the ogres to get the item, then kill them.
Maybe a better evil option with the werewoman who helps you against the shadows (Letting her die while watching or something)

Idle Hands in Imnesvale
The kids who want ale and bastard swords. Send them on a impossible quest "for saving the world" and let them all get killed

Temple District

The Cult of the Unseeing Eye
I think this is well covered, don't have anything to add at the moment.

The Docks

The Mad Cleric
A bit more expanded dialog, I found the original kinda disappoiting. You can tell you're already a member or kill him. It would be nice with some more manipulation

Brynnlaw

Liberate Ginia the Courtesan
Take over the entire prostitution business and force everyone to work for you, creating a nice steady income :devil:

Spellhold

THE (ALMOST) FINAL DREAM
When you need to sacrifice a part of yourself, maybe some more evil dialog.

The tests of the Apparition.
As mentioned before by me, A bit more of an evil option, trick him, betray him, it works. :thumb:

GAIN ALLIES TO FIGHT IRENICUS
Maybe a bit more evil dialog, convincing the inmates to fight against Irenicus.

Sahuagin City

A more expanded version of the main quest there. Some nice betrayal options with the prince, pretend to help the king, steal his loot, then backstab him.

[BUnderdark[/B]

TALK TO ADALON
Making the betrayal a bit more interesting of course. You need the blood of a silver dragon anyway.

DROW VS. SVIRFNEBLIN

Phaere wants you and Solaufein to attack a Deep Gnome patrol to keep them
properly fearful of the Drow.
This can be way more evil. Now it's just, "I'll kill you dead" and boom, their dead :mellow:

Killing Soulafein
This should be way more fun. :devil: .
There is hardly any evil option there, just "I'll kill you dead" and boom, he's dead

Let the drow ritual take place as planned
Yeah, why not? :). Kill the drow (or let them be killed by the demon), then bind the demon to your service. :devil:

Back to Athkatla

ELHAN'S QUESTIONS
A bit more evil dialog, or betrayal.

ALLIES TO ASSAULT BODHI, DRIZZT
Should be more interesting again, There is hardly any evil option there, just "I'll kill you dead" and boom, he's dead. Maybe letting him fight the vampires, then stab him in the back or let him walk into a trap.

This can be done with the other allies as well

No ideas currently with Suldanessellar.

The Nine Hells

Expanding the evil choices and maybe changing the rewards you get.

I'll leave it at this for the time being. I'm out in inspriration at the moment :crying:
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#25 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

Soem usable, some where already ment to be be implemented. Sometimes just hack and slash is quite CE. Not all need subtelty though there will be certainly subtle evil in the mod, before anyone thinks otherwise. In any case many, many thanks for your time and ideas

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#26 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:58 AM

The Graveyard
The Mournful Paladin and the Little Girl

Maybe a bit more evil dialog. Something like provoking the Paladin or telling him a few lies.

Heheh! For a PC of sufficient INT, WIS or CHA, play on the paladin's sense of guilt until he falls on his own sword over his son's grave. Then go talk to the priest of Lathander:

PC: Gee, there was a paladin back there that might've done but he's dead. Killed himself because his neglect murdered his previous ward. Guess it's fate but I'll have to take charge of this poor little girl myself to save her from the orphanage.

Then sell the brat to Lehtinan for 10 gp.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#27 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:08 AM

That's so... sick. Great suggestion, Hendryk!

#28 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:20 AM

Thinking about it a little more, you should sell her, after some haggling, to Lehtinan for only 2 gp - plus "a round for the bar". That way, you get a +1 to Reputation for your generosity.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#29 Torn

Torn
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:15 PM

Lol! That's awesome, we have to do that.

#30 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:32 PM

The same will be done, I believe, in LoI. However, we can add such a thing indeed. She will also be an option (of 3) for one quest (where you need only 1), so that is another use for the girl, but this idea won't be a problem to add so to speak.

#31 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:13 PM

It's also already done in QP, although I don't allow the player to offer to adopt Risa directly because I'm not convinced that (s)he'd be seen as a sensible choice even in comparison to an orphanage.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#32 chaz58

chaz58

The guy that never does anything

• 142 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:17 PM

I actually have a semi-completed mod to the Risa encounter (it seems strangely popular) linking it to the Crypt King in one of the nearby tombs. Basically, an evil player could get a quest from the King to obtain him a 'meal' in exchange for his sword (the one you get off his body). Conveniently, his dish of choice happened to be innocent children. The PC could then persuade/bribe/beat Risa's guardian into handing her over and return for the reward. The Paladin would intervene when you handed her over and you'd have to fight him.
I liked the idea since not only was it incredibly evil, it also provided a way to obtain the King's sword other than the boring old 'kill monster, find exceptionally powerful weapon' method. Was going to suggest it be included but given the number of options already available it could be a little overkill! :)

BTW, it's great to see Mod for the Wicked finally being made, I'll do my best to help where I can once my exams are over. :thumb:

Edited by chaz58, 15 June 2005 - 03:18 PM.

#33 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:09 AM

Can we step of the child and get other ideas as well? Not that I don't appreciate the help, but I am not going to link 3 quests to that little girl. Kido's personal quest is linked with it and I like the selling to Lethinan idea, if not SimDing0 objects as he was the first to do it...

#34 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:14 AM

I actually have a semi-completed mod to the Risa encounter (it seems strangely popular) linking it to the Crypt King in one of the nearby tombs.  Basically, an evil player could get a quest from the King to obtain him a 'meal' in exchange for his sword (the one you get off his body).  Conveniently, his dish of choice happened to be innocent children. 

View Post

Why not use the Wellyn the Halfling Ghost Child and his Teddy bear "Littleman" quest with it then if Deathsangel already has an idea.

I mean, give the Crypt King the teddybear and he gives you a quest to get some items, so that he could complete his ritual and bind the ghost of the child to his service forever :devil:

#35 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:39 AM

Okay now I really need to ask people to do as I requested. Pain Elemental tried it in his long post; it not exactly like I want, but at least it is clear it our suggestion. I have given examples on how suggestions should be put down.

Why? I am gathering ideas for I start, finishing up and when I start I don't need to wait (though I have lot of ideas of myself, but you catch my drift). I can understand discussion and that is okay, but this topic looses already for me the overview of what are Ideas and not. I am going to skip over ones, if not clearly identified as such. Therefor I gave the examples.

I kindly but firmly request those that made suggestion to make them as the examples, less they do not wish to escape the chance I might overlook them when I am going to bundle them. As moderator and mod-maker I ask those enthousiastic people to help me out on these little bits, so that the MftW will go as smoothly as possible! Okay? ;) :thumb:

I don't mind the discussions. Not at all, please continue, but I got to know where suggestions are and where the discussions so to speak. To tear it up in two topics is just not handy for the overview.

@Pain Elemental; Wellyn is dead, hard to pick him up and give him and I don't think he will go to the Cyrpt King willingly for he actually knows where Littleman is.

Edited by Deathsangel, 16 June 2005 - 05:43 AM.

#36 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:37 AM

I'll try to do it a bit more official:

New Evil Outcome
Creature: Demon / Silver Dragon
When: When the Demon is summoned by the Matron Mother and Phaere.
What: Start the quest as usual and lie to the silver dragon that you will help her. Let yourselfs be transformed into drow.

After the normal quests, accept Phaere's request to get the dragon eggs and replace them with fakes. Double-cross her with the help of Soulafein. Get Soulafein's eggs and replace the real one with the fakes.

Run back to Phaere and tell her Soulafein's discovered her plans and wants to betray here :devil:

Phaere will torture/kill him and asks you to participate in the ritual. Give Phaere the fake Soulafein eggs. When the ritual takes place, let the Demon Lord kill both of the drow. Charname then offers the real eggs to the Demon Lord to bind him to his/her service with a secret Geas or some magic cast on the eggs.

Command the Demon Lord to kill all the Drow and the Silver Dragon, then send him back to where he came from. Grab the loot and your off to the surface

Edited by Pain Elemental, 17 June 2005 - 01:42 AM.

#37 -Tengu-

-Tengu-

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:03 AM

If you tell Phare that Sola is still alive , you will be the one tortured and killed :glare:

#38 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:46 AM

If you tell Phare that Sola is still alive , you will be the one tortured and killed  :glare:

View Post

Not if you figure it out before she gives you the order to kill him

#39 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:56 PM

Dialogue option
Creature: Solaufein
When: What the mission to kill Sola is missing is a dialogue option that would allow you to point out that you are sparing him to betray her (in return for her treating you like her property) rather then out of any sort of friendship towards him.

[edit] edited to make it more in the official style, as this is a very good suggestion!

Edited by Deathsangel, 20 June 2005 - 11:42 PM.

#40 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:33 PM

I am posting in this topic, for merely one reason. Although I get a lot of nice requests and ideas in the topic: Mod for the Wicked, I would rather have it here, so I know where to look and don't have to shift through 5 different topics. ;) So IronOx, Hide and Seek, Sepiroth, Wingless Wonder and others wanting to make suggestions. I would like to see it hear. Don't blame you for noot seeing this topic... it was on the second page, but from no on here okay? :new_thumbs: