Detectives (f and m) wanted!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:48 AM

I am posting in this topic, for merely one reason. Although I get a lot of nice requests and ideas in the topic: Mod for the Wicked, I would rather have it here, so I know where to look and don't have to shift through 5 different topics. ;) So IronOx, Hide and Seek, Sepiroth, Wingless Wonder and others wanting to make suggestions. I would like to see it hear. Don't blame you for noot seeing this topic... it was on the second page, but from no on here okay? :new_thumbs:

Alright, np. I'm currently playing thro BG2 on multiple save-games to try out different things, if anything catches my eye, I'll def post it here. B)

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#42 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:04 AM

Then the first thing I must do is apologize for posting suggestions in the wrong thread.

And the second thing is that I'll be keeping an eye open for things that deserve to have an evil path. I'll keep it down to the important ones, I do not want you to have too much work. I would help but I'm just a beginner in modding...
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#43 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:52 PM

New Evil Outcome:
Tree of Life
When: Just before ToL battle
What: Kill Ellesime, for laughs. Then maybe lay waste to Suldanesselar. :devil:

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#44 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:10 PM

New Evil Outcome:
Tree of Life

That wouldnt work with ToB, as its Ellesime who directs you to the forest where you *meet* the statue-head-thingies and confront Illasara

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#45 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:49 AM

New Evil Outcome:
Tree of Life

I think that raping Ellesime before killing her would be even more amusing :) .

#46 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:12 AM

New Evil Outcome:
Tree of Life

That wouldnt work with ToB, as its Ellesime who directs you to the forest where you *meet* the statue-head-thingies and confront Illasara

Agreed, as can be seen on the first page the idea has to be able to be integratable (is this a correct word?) with the original BG2, for the most part at least.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#47 Soul Harverster

Soul Harverster
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:40 PM

Since the only comment I got on 'The Mod of Wicked' topic was on one of my bad ideas, and they should be posted here in the first place, reposting.

Watcher's Keep
The complete situation with Demogorgon and Watchers Keep ...should get more attention from other powers. I'm sure, that Grazz't and Orcus(and such), really would prefer Demogorgon to remain trapped.
I would also assume, that Asmodeus as well, would prefer to keep a quite powerful Demon Prince trapped, since it's in the best interest of Baator. Of course, as somebody else mentioned, I also think it should be possible to join Demogorgon. With other words, I think you should have some interaction with one, or more, of the above Cosmic Entities, when your in the position to either keep Demogorgon stuck or set him free.

If involving Asmodeus is too 'big' for your tastes, it could be an other Lord that controls a layer, or (one of)The Dark Eight. Since the Dark Eight are the ones that have such a huge interest in The Blood War. This would actually give a reason, for an evil PC to not release Demogorgon, if he is rewarded by one of the above. Which could be with items,gold or perhaps even support at the final battle with Melissan.

Another suggestion, is that if you work with one of the Demon Princes/ Asmodeus/One of the Lords of the Nine/Dark Eight, that you would be able to really destroy Demogorgon. As in, you get backup from one of the above sources, and the backup would be the key to completely destroying Demogorgon(with other words, he WON'T reform on The Abyss, and is 'REALLY dead, perhaps after having a second battle with him on his home layer..which would make him a lot tougher in the second fight..).

Planar Sphere/Demon Hearts

Demon Heart Soup
This originally started off some sort of joke on the forums(just as Hackmaster +12). But, I reckon, that it could be an idea for an evil mod(perhaps add some other stuff in the soup as well...). As for the effects of eating the soup, I have no real ideas. Or, you could use the soup(instead of a single demon heart) to construct/empower/ corrupt some sort item, or it could have some use in a certain situation.

Sahugin City+Brynlaw
After you are done with your hole Underdark business(and assuming, that you didn't kill them all)..Become a Pirate Lord, take over the entire Island and make the Sahuagin Prince/King (depending on who you helped) a vassal of yours. Become the scourge of the seas! Perhaps it would be too much work, but just suggesting it.

Amnish Keep
Some things of it have been mentioned before. Rule as a tyrant, crush any peasant revolts under your iron boot and wage war.

Planar Sphere
Get it to travel across the planes again. Get some some new 'business' partners from the Lower Planes that help you out in various ways, as long as you help them out as well... And lets not forget, that the sphere is the /perfect/ place to do some wicked rituals.

Edited by Soul Harverster, 11 May 2006 - 01:41 PM.

Do you seek great adventure? Great treasure? Immortal fame? Respect of your Peers?
If you answered ''yes!'' to any of these questions, you might have what it takes to enlist in...

THE GLORIOUS BAATEZU ARMY!

Benefits include:Competive Pay!Guaranteed promotions! Prompt payment-- you always get what you deserve! Excellent severance pay!Travel and meals(all you can eat)!
Why wait?Enlist now!See the Lower Planes!

#48 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

Not really an *evil* suggestion (could turn out to be) but I'd like to see a reaction from Salvanas (the horny elf in the copper coronet that hits on every female bioware npc along with some female mod npc's) with Kirinhale and Ariena. Granted, they could end up killing him (Ariena probably would) but it'd be good for humor.

#49 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:40 AM

@Soul Harvester. Sorry if you feel neglected (I seem to sense this), it is not my intention of doing so.

I like your suggestion for one of the Dark Eight (knowing Asmodeus rarely travels out or any other of the Nine Lords) to give a good reason to keep Demorgorgon prisoned. However, I do not think they can bent the rules of the Planes, as powerful as they may be. As such killing him... well it is not quite handy, as in AD&D indeed they are recreated by the planes (not so in D&D 3.5 or at least there is no mentioning it happens).

Demon Heart soup? Neh... but it is a good idea to use those spare ones, just for the reason of being able to create some nice magic items or so...

Brynlaw, I don't think you want to involve the Sahuagin in these plans, that is just asking for problems...

Amnish keep, can already be ruled by puting down revolting peasants and executing the soldier for stealing and such... there is no need to add on it. It can already be done, escept for the war thingie.

The Planar Sphere will be hard to do for you would destroy the storyline that only one heart is big enough to power the machine...

@Sepiroth. Of course the ladies react to him and both in very special ways... Ariena already does so even, but her current version is to buggy. Brought it out to soon :(

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#50 Soul Harverster

Soul Harverster
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

Since they were posted in the wrong topic in the first place, I find it totally understandable that you forgot about them.

I read in some source, that if an Outsider(including Deities) is killed on it's home plane, it dies. Permanently.

You partly misunderstood my suggestion(it was rather vague)regarding the Dark Eight/Asmodeus/One of the other Lords of The Nine. What I meant to say, was that Asmodeus/The Dark Eight/An other Lord of the Nine would make the offer. They wouldn't travel at all(although, a member of the Dark Eight just might..think of the prestige it would give, if your the one that set the wheels in motion that permanently destroyed Demogorgon..)to the Prime Material/Abyss. They would just attempt to make a deal with the Bhaalspawn, indirectly assist him to complete the task, and reward the Bhaalspawn if it carries out the mission.

With indirect assistance, I'm talking about sending some 'elite' Pit Fiends, possibly backed up a Duke of Hell.
This only applies for the Abyss confrontation, Baator either wants you to permanently get rid of him or have him remain imprisoned.

Please enlighten me about these problems.
While the Sahuagin have an attitude that they are superior to all other races, the situation is quite different from the normal one.. You brought stability and eliminated either the King or Prince. The normal 'ritual' for Sahuagins to ascend in rank(even for a King!), is to win a duel against it's opponent. This duel is unarmed, 'naked', combat, without any magic equipment/spells. As an example, if a Prince would win a duel against a King this way, the Prince becomes the new King....

..Does a peasant revolt actually happen someday, that you can put oppress in a most bloody way? If so, I didn't know that.

About the Planar Sphere... That specific part is rather silly, if you think about it. I mean, you just ran into the Abyss, killed some random Balor which happens to have a really huge heart? Regardless, the Planar Sphere option doesn't have to be used. There are after all spells in PNP that allow you to visit other Planes. Likely a better idea to use the PNP spell path, if you like the idea of making ''alliances'' with Evil Planar Creatures in the first place.

Edited by Soul Harverster, 12 May 2006 - 09:38 AM.

Do you seek great adventure? Great treasure? Immortal fame? Respect of your Peers?
If you answered ''yes!'' to any of these questions, you might have what it takes to enlist in...

Benefits include:Competive Pay!Guaranteed promotions! Prompt payment-- you always get what you deserve! Excellent severance pay!Travel and meals(all you can eat)!

#51 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:42 AM

A messager of the Baatezu sounds good, but thinking from the game point's of view. You first need to free Demorgorgon if you want to kill him on his home plane, so it is better to just keep him imprisoned. If you decide to do so, you will be rewarded by the glorious baatezu army ;)

Sahuagins is a searace as such they do not enjoy staying on land and running the island. They would not wish to work with you even if you helped them. In game you are told to get your reward and then get out of their. They may be grateful for your help, but it will not be long remembered, as so are the sharkmen. The PC can not go up in rank, for he is of a strange race and they do not accept that.

Not really in a bloody way, but you can surpress there wishes and also can opt to let the raids in your country just happen as you do not care enough... there are possibilities there already and I have to pick what I do carefully, as I am a one-man team, more or less, when it comes to programming.

About the planar sphere, it should be in my eyes connected to the rank of the demon, but BG2 does not go to deep into that.

Planeshifts? Maybe... but for allies? I need to think on it.

#52 the Wingless Wonder

the Wingless Wonder
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:24 PM

So IronOx, Hide and Seek, Sepiroth, Wingless Wonder and others wanting to make suggestions.

Wow... I'm famous! And this was the first post I checked in this thread... Brings a tear to my evil eyes...

Anyhow, I take it your referring to the Corruption idea? If not, consider it officially suggested here.

Another thought, which is perhaps more in the nature of a bug fix (and not so easy to pin down by your "idea format") is to reshape the Shadow Thieves value system. I mean, Aran is supposed to help you against Bodhi if you have something like a Reputation of 10+ and that is just plain wrong to me. He's the city's boss of thieves and assassins, and he's supposed to need a good rep to act?

Actually, that could very well have been said in your idea format. Terribly sorry. It's nearly four-thirty in a beer-soaked morning over here, so I think I'm off for bed now.

#53 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:49 AM

Request: After the underdark, if the party decides to kill drizzit and his party, I'd like it so you can keep the items. Currently, after slaying Bodhi and leaving the crypts, a mage shows up and asks for them or he'll take them "the hard way". If you choose the hard way, he just takes them (from your inventory, no fight, mine were in the bag of holding) and leaves. Whats the point in killing drizzit and co if you cant keep their items (well, minus the exp of course)

#54 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:22 AM

Uberitems? Unbalanced game? ;) Or do you want me to create an Irenicus like mage? Cause Drizz't has got some powerful friends, among elminster etc. I can understand why Bioware did it... it is too bad the hard way is just taking it away, but still keeping those items, might be slightly nasty for game balance

#55 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:39 AM

Request: After the underdark, if the party decides to kill drizzit and his party, I'd like it so you can keep the items.

I refer you to http://www.weidu.org/ease.html

One of the mod's options is Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell.

#56 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

@Deathsangel - I figure if you can take drizzit out (took me 3 or 4 tries because <charname> kept dying) you should be able to keep the items

@Diana - Thnx, didnt know about that heh *goes to download*

#57 the Wingless Wonder

the Wingless Wonder
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:48 PM

Sephiroth, my man (or not, as the case may be) -

At that point in the game, the Dritzter's stuff is pretty puny, and not really worth keeping (at least that has been my experience). But since Melchor or whatever is an annoying sumbitch my answer has always been to simply sell the stuff to the first trader that comes along. Hey presto! Nothing left to steal... (which should be MY job, after all)

#58 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:20 PM

Another thought, which is perhaps more in the nature of a bug fix (and not so easy to pin down by your "idea format") is to reshape the Shadow Thieves value system. I mean, Aran is supposed to help you against Bodhi if you have something like a Reputation of 10+ and that is just plain wrong to me. He's the city's boss of thieves and assassins, and he's supposed to need a good rep to act?

Actually, it makes some sense; a character who has a reputation as a fine, honest, upstanding citizen is much less likely to stab him in the back, figuratively or otherwise.

[EDIT]Ack, hit post too quick. Deathsangel, if you want some suggestions, I can think of a few good opportunities for mod crossover with Arkalian (I'll PM you about them).

Edited by Azkyroth, 27 June 2006 - 04:21 PM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#59 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:15 AM

New evil outcomes
Quest: Trouble at the Druid Grove (Trademeet)
Change: Help Faldorn to slay the Trademeet

Why not? Especially when you install mod which allow druids to become neutral evil. Neutral evil got a one primary in live. Therea are a much mercenaries with a primary - money. Why we can't create druid with primary - enviroment? Especially without civilisation. Shadow druids!

Then why <CHARNAME> can't be shadow druid? :( I've always want to kill the Copricht and team :>

#60 Soul Harverster

Soul Harverster
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

The Demon Knights of Demogorgon in the Underdark.

You know the altar where you can make a sacrifice? And if you make it, some Demon Knights appear and attack you(it's the place where you get the Soul Reaver and a few other items).? Well, I was thinking..
What if, instead of either slaughtering them or being slaughtered, you could do some business? Perhaps it could be tied into any existing quests(Such as Ust Nastha, Confronting Bodhi or Watcher's Keep) or it could have it's own quest line. . While I could think of multiple quests for such a quest line, I would first like like hear Deathsangel his opinion about the general idea.