Photo

The Face of Chrysta

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:25 PM

She's so pretty. She looks sort of sad however. I'm so glad she is coming along. I really want her in my party and her story sounds so good! She will have lots of depth it seems and that is why she is so special. Good luck on her!

#22 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:47 AM

If she was the color grey she could pass off as one of those grey aliens.

Looks good by the way.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#23 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

One of the more unsettling portraits I've ever seen, that's for sure.
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#24 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback, everyone... I'll pass your comments on to Muse :)

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#25 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

I'd agree with Sim, though it has been quite a while: the neck makes her look more like an alien out of some Ski-Fi production than a person from the FR setting. Also, between various alternative portraits represented there, I'd say the one 'edited' by Sim looks more realistic to me - if such a word can even be used. But if the main goal was to make her stand out in any party setting, then it has been accomplished, by and large.

#26 Muse

Muse
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:34 AM

I'd agree with Sim, though it has been quite a while: the neck makes her look more like an alien out of some Ski-Fi production than a person from the FR setting. Also, between various alternative portraits represented there, I'd say the one 'edited' by Sim looks more realistic to me - if such a word can even be used. But if the main goal was to make her stand out in any party setting, then it has been accomplished, by and large.

Do you mean the old portrait or the new one? Or both? I'm confused. :blink:
"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"
- Dradeel

#27 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:53 AM

Muse she's just perfect. You should be proud. :hug:
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#28 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:00 AM

Do you mean the old portrait or the new one? Or both? I'm confused. :blink:

Actually, on this occasion I disagree with Kulyok - you have the proportions on the new pics just about perfect, Muse. Don't allow one crtitical comment to give you a complex - everyone else (myself included) thinks the new pics are "da bomb" :new_thumbs:.

That isn't to say that criticism like is not welcomed, of the portraits or any other aspect of the mod - it is, and will continue to be if it is framed in a polite and constructive way like Kulyok's was. But the majority view will usually prevail, and in this case the overwhelming majority of people love the new pics! :cheers:

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#29 Muse

Muse
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:23 AM

Thank you for the kind words, Sir K. (and everybody else) :hug: Oh, and I don't mind criticism. I was just wondering if it was a comment on the old portrait, since Kulyok referred to the picture that Sim had edited. After all, I wasn't quite satisfied with the old picture either; that's why I started over. But I quite like the new one. Chrysta is one of a kind, after all, and because of that she can't really look like any of the "normal" races in the Forgotten Realms. :)

Edited by Muse, 20 May 2007 - 06:25 AM.

"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"
- Dradeel

#30 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:32 PM

Now I finally remembered whom is Chrysta reminded me of - the Sleeping Man from NWN: HotU . On the other hand - these portaits look much more better than his :lol:
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#31 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

Why is she so bald? :D