• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:20 PM

First of all, I'd like to say that the reputation that Muse and the rest of the "Sol Ek Sa" team have for producing excellent quality artwork has once proven to be richly deserved. We are lucky to have access to such a talented group of artists available who are prepared to give up so much time and effort just for the love of doing what they do. Kudos guys n gals... and in the case of Chrysta, Muse in particular :thumb:

The portrait that Muse has constructed (from scratch and to specification) follows. I cannot guarantee that this is the final version of the portrait, or indeed whether or not this will be the portrait used as the default one for the Chrysta mod. But at least it gives a first idea of what Chrysta will eventually look like (thanks again Muse!):

Posted Image

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#2 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:11 AM

To reduce the chance of potential duplication, discussion of Chrysta portrait ideas will be concentrated in the thread posted over in the Sol Ek Sa forum:

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=14405

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 29 May 2005 - 07:55 PM.

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

#3 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:49 AM

Muse has done some more work (thanks Muse!) - previous version is shown alongside for comparison purposes:

Posted Image Posted Image

I particularly like the new background, and the deeper shadowing gives her face a more 3D appearance.

#4 Qualidor

Qualidor
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:50 AM

That's totally cool.

#5 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

Much better indeed. Good background, nice shadow effects (hey, isn't this what Sir K said?). If you read this, Muse: great work.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#6 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

She's a beaut, ain't she? ^_^

#7 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

LĪJ

• 451 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:35 AM

where'd she get her tierra? being a clone and all just coming out of a tube...

#8 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:06 PM

where'd she get her tierra? being a clone and all just coming out of a tube...

Well spotted... shame you aren't going to find out until the mod is released, eh? ;)

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 07 June 2005 - 12:07 PM.

#9 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:05 PM

Typically, a person's neck is only slightly less wide than their head. In this picture, Chrysta's neck is about a third the width of her face, which gives it rather a cartoonish feel to me. Might I suggest a bit of fattening up? :)
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#10 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

In this picture, Chrysta's neck is about a third the width of her face, which gives it rather a cartoonish feel to me. Might I suggest a bit of fattening up?

Seconded.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#11 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:11 AM

Perhaps elves have slimmer necks.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#12 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

With regard to the neck issue, I am rather loathe to suggest that it be thickened at all - its slim and delicate appearance is pretty much in line with her general fragility.

#13 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:45 AM

Well, I think you can maintain that look while at least giving her a slightly more plausible neck (and jaw). Here's an example.

Posted Image

(Yes, editing somebody else's work without their permission blah blah blah, but I'm just showing you what I mean.)
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#14 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:50 AM

(Yes, editing somebody else's work without their permission blah blah blah, but I'm just showing you what I mean.)

View Post

Cheers Sim - I do see what you mean, and I will pass your suggestions on to Muse. Thanks for your suggestions! :)

#15 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:57 AM

Muse's latest effort has done a fantastic job of incorporating all the recent suggestions:

Posted Image

#16 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:07 AM

She's a beaut. Who said bald women are nay attractive? ;)

#17 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:26 AM

She's a beaut. Who said bald women are nay attractive? ;)

Oh, one or two have... not me though! :)

#18 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

Just to show that work is progressing on Chrysta, here is a sneak peek at her new portrait, produced from scratch by the ever-wonderful Muse:

Posted Image

I am one happy Head Modder. Well done Muse! :clap:

#19 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

Brava Muse!

Truly you are a talent. Lovely work.

:Bow:
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#20 Muse

Muse
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

Awh. Thank you. :blush:
"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"
- Dradeel