Photo

Tamoko Mod

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Unknown_User

Unknown_User
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:28 PM

Ok everyone, I have a neat idea that some of you may like. Tamoko was a neutral evil cleric from BG1. She was Sarevok's one true love. She makes her last appearance right before you fight Sarevok. Many would have killed her and walked on to Sarevok. However, few with high charisma can make her walk away with her life. With this in mind, I was very interested to see if she would make an appearance in BG2 SOA or TOB. Sadly, she doesn't. Since Sarevok appears in TOB, why not create a mod where you can get her later on in TOB? Make it so that her and Sarevok have the kind of friendly conversations that Khalid and Jaheria had in BG1 (except more sinister due to their alignment.) Would anyone be interested in doing this? I have one modder in mind that I would specifically like to request to do this, Dorotea.

The Longer Road was an excellent mod, and something like throwing Tamoko somewhere in TOB so that she would fit in the story would be easy as pie for someone as skilled as you and your staff. Please let me know if you (or anyone else for that matter) would be up to the task of making a mod such as this.

All I ask is that:

-Tamoko has a portrait that does her justice (whether it's custom or one from BG2 or any other source.)
-A likeable and suitable voice (whether it's custom or one from BG2 or any other source)
-Several serious/relationship conversations (not banters), suitable to their evil alignment, with Sarevok if he's in your party, several banters with party members, and several conversations with the main character.
-A TOB ending that fits in with Sarevok's, one where she lives the rest of her life with Sarevok and dies in battle or some other cause (Sarevok's ending says that he buries her, so she unfortunately has to have some kind of bad ending.)
And lastly a choice by the modder:
A ) A quest brought up to you by Sarevok where he finds a way to possibly revive her through travelling through a plane (maybe in hell since that's probably where'd she would go when she died) to rescue her soul.

or

B ) You meet her someone down the line, assuming that the main character never killed her or someone else brought her back from the dead.

Hey, I was surprised as hell to see Drizzt in BG2. He asked me when he last saw me and I lied to him and told him that I helped him kill gnolls while thinking to myself, "how the hell did he come back?!" So, whether or not the main character killed her or spared her, either way will do.

Not like it would matter, but I wouldn't be upset if anyone wanted to do a Tamoko mod their own way. As I said, it doesn't matter to me because it is your skills, not mine, and a mod that would allow Tamoko into your party would be cool period.

Many thanks to all who take this task.

Edited by Unknown_User, 12 May 2005 - 04:24 PM.

#2 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:35 PM

well, in FR, death is but a temporary inconvenience for people, unless the plot dictates otherwise.

But a mod with Tamoko I would certainly DL :)
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#3 kingkiller

kingkiller
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:31 AM

It also could provide an easy way to add more depth to Sarevok's character.

#4 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:48 AM

Actually Tamoko in SoA wouldn't be so out of place either.

She could be in Amn looking for the PC after Sarevok's death. With the intention of killing him/her but could possibly be talked out of it...
A knight without armour in a savage land...

#5 Child

Child

The new day is a great big fish.

• 233 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

Is it just me of has the Tamoko mod idea been kicking around for ages? Isnt it one of these things that never gets done? Its a nice idea...so keep me posted if someone starts to work on it.... :D
-C

Dovienya se sagain tovya

Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya

#6 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:25 AM

Anyone know if she mentions her deity? Bhaal, or the Celestial Bureaucracy of Kara-Tur (if that's where she is from)?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#7 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:54 AM

No deity mentioned and she is Neutral Evil though from reading through her BG1 dialogue she is definately not a worshipper of Bhaal...she repeatedly states Sarevok should not be doing what he is doing and that an evil god who knew he was going to die would not be looking for a replacement but for a resurrection and because of that Sarevok is being led into something that will kill him.

She is obviously in love with him but knows he is so focused on attaining godhood that he doesn't even notice her most of the time.

As a character she always impressed me.

#8 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:42 AM

I agree. A Tamoko mod would be wonderful. Her character is quite in-depth, and it would also expand on Sarevok's character as well. Mind you, she always struck me as chaotic neutral, considering she kept on going on about Sarevok's actions being evil. That is just me, however.

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#9 Ismail

Ismail

• 423 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:54 AM

Good and evil are relative, and the AD&D alignments are set in place from a Lawful Good point of view. Tamoko might be evil by that standard, but she draws the line somewhere. Even Xzar, that lovable loonie, would draw the line somewhere.

#10 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:04 AM

Tamoko is an interesting charcater. One thing that will have to be considered if she is brought to SoA is the hidden thread with Yoshimo as BioWARE intended him as Tamoko's brother (that's why he agreed to betray PC). So if Tamoko shows up alive and well in SoA, that falls appart or have to be ignored; alternatively if she comes in ToB she will never know about Yoshimo and it can forever remain a mystery.

#11 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:41 AM

:) Yea this sounds like a really cool mod. I dont have much experience but I'd be glad to help. :whistling: I was reading this thread earlier and I had an idea for her portrait.

http://www.rychleazb...2f2fposter2.jpg

would she do, you know if she was BGitized? :ermm:

Edited by ElvenArcher, 14 June 2005 - 09:49 AM.

#12 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:51 AM

I give up..if the picture doesnt show up just go on google images and type in Devon Aoki. She plays Miho from Sin City.

#13 Ismail

Ismail

• 423 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:46 AM

Hardly. Aoki has this barely-legal thing going on, which I doubt would be what Tamoko was like.

#14 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:50 AM

Barely legal? She'll be 24 in a couple of months!

#15 Ismail

Ismail

• 423 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:18 PM

Barely legal? She'll be 24 in a couple of months!

View Post

That may be, but her looks are still just that.

Edited by Ismail, 14 June 2005 - 12:20 PM.

#16 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:06 PM

how old is Tamoko supposed to be exactly?

#17 Mr.WeaseL

Mr.WeaseL
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:11 AM

I heartily support this endeavour. I think that with a little work, Tamoko could easily become one of the best fleshed-out NPC's out there.

#18 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:45 AM

That may be, but her looks are still just that.

That would be Ms. Tamoko to you:

Posted Image

I'm all for this mod, she was always a very memorable character from BG1 for me.

Nice pic ElvenArcher! I think I did a decent effort at baldurizing it. Could possibly add some armor though she might lose some sex appeal with that.

#19 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:09 PM

I like the idea, but every time I play BG1, I kill her becuase she has the Full Plate +1, and that is nice item to have even if you have it for a short time.
Hope we seen some Tamoko NPC soon! :thumb:

#20 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:48 AM

Tamoko is an interesting charcater. One thing that will have to be considered if she is brought to SoA is the hidden thread with Yoshimo as BioWARE intended him as Tamoko's brother (that's why he agreed to betray PC). So if Tamoko shows up alive and well in SoA, that falls appart or have to be ignored; alternatively if she comes in ToB she will never know about Yoshimo and it can forever remain a mystery.

View Post

Do you know if this intended storyline is dealt with in any other mods? Oversight, UB etc?

I dislike the idea of making a ToB only NPC if only for the fact that in this case it would seem too much like Sarevok and Tamoko were a duo (as many of the npc's where in BG1). I think her playability might lower a little if she was ToB only when there is no reason she couldn't be worked in to SoA easily enough. But then SoA content would take up a lot of time...

I like Tamoko so much as a character I am actually considering taking this on!

(Did i just say that?) :blink: