New Version

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:27 AM

Well... in the next two weeks I'll release a patch to fix the bugs reported in the forum by you (and thank you, of course ;) )

Before to release this new version I wish to know if there is a point in particular you really dislike and you think I should change or remove.

Or maybe something I should add.

thanks in advance for the help, dario

p.s. plz, no insults... maybe I could open a special topic if there are many of them :P

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:03 AM

Well, played it through to limbo trials and got bored.

Using the golem master, the only character that makes game easier.

Very hard game... plus having to chop at creatures constantly because they have mega resistances becomes tiresome.

Other than that, I thought it kept in feeling with the best of the games, and really would have enjoyed it otherwise... the golem master is mega powerful.

Also, that spell to get your spell users up mega levels... skews the game quite alot... why not just start everyone at 1 mill to 1.5 mil xp.

And no hla for some new classes!

#3 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:14 AM

so you suggest to weaken enemies and to start with more exp?

And no hla for some new classes!

fixed with version 131 :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#4 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I would love another ending where my character does not die or be captured.
I played RTT mainly because I wanted to continue the story of my character
after the end of ToB, that was a very important roleplaying element for me,
but with this ending I cant accept it anymore as the future of my character.
I liked the mod very much, but now after the end I just dont want to think
about it anymore. Its so terrible frustrating to play a character from BG1 to
Soa to Tob and finally RTT just for beeing killed at the end. However its your
mod and if you think that the ending is appropriate, thats your right.
I just want to beg you (implore you) to think about it.

#5 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

many people dislike the end, but it won't change. i think the hero MUST die at the end.

i only hope you (and who dislikes this end) will enjoy the new way you get the end in version 2.0 (2008).

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#6 --Romulas--

--Romulas--

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:26 AM

many people dislike the end, but it won't change. i think the hero MUST die at the end.

i only hope you (and who dislikes this end) will enjoy the new way you get the end in version 2.0 (2008).

If you change this ending, then please post it and I will play the new version. Its an awesome game with all the new content and graphics, however I will just not waste my time to merely die in the end anyway. I think my sorcerer died probably 20 times during the time I ran through the mod, to have dieing as the reward at the end, absurd in my opinion.

Romulas

#7 -Chopperdave-

-Chopperdave-

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:50 AM

Could the Romantic Intrst from BG2 [Aerie/Jaheira/Viconia.../Anomen appear sometime during the game. It doesn't have to be as an NPC but something like talking with them outside candlekeep [it does say they'll meet you there] or runing into them on the way there.

#8 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

If you change this ending, then please post it and I will play the new version. Its an awesome game with all the new content and graphics, however I will just not waste my time to merely die in the end anyway. I think my sorcerer died probably 20 times during the time I ran through the mod, to have dieing as the reward at the end, absurd in my opinion.

you could be simply captured... I'll think about it

Could the Romantic Intrst from BG2 [Aerie/Jaheira/Viconia.../Anomen appear sometime during the game. It doesn't have to be as an NPC but something like talking with them outside candlekeep [it does say they'll meet you there] or runing into them on the way there

version 2.0 will be completely focused on Aerie/Jaheira/Viconia/Anomen

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#9 --romulas--

--romulas--

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:45 AM

you could be simply captured... I'll think about it

Could the Romantic Intrst from BG2 [Aerie/Jaheira/Viconia.../Anomen appear sometime during the game. It doesn't have to be as an NPC but something like talking with them outside candlekeep [it does say they'll meet you there] or runing into them on the way there

version 2.0 will be completely focused on Aerie/Jaheira/Viconia/Anomen

Now, being captured, at least that would give hope from a role playing point of view. Lots of possibilites there.

Romulas

#10 -Sanyesz-

-Sanyesz-

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:35 AM

Well, i just finished RTT. Yep, i did it, and now i have some thoughts about what could be improving the already good mod in the next version.

First of all is the ending just doesnt fit. Its ok that the main character dies. There isnt any problem with that. I find it a good idea too. The problem is how (s)he die. It was just fast. I know death is a cruel thing, but please.. PC's evil twinsister just say to her X. legion of devil minions to kill poor pc. And then poor PC dies. After it the dieing movie comes. Thats the main problem with it. The dieing movie. Because it is a dieing movie. Its just dont picture the end.
So how could you improve it? By adding some dialogs options to the last dialogs. Player should be able to comment evil twinbrother's healings, cloneings by some cynic or some brainddeadpaladintalk dialog options.
The teleporting to the alternative universe could be a bit longer by writeing about how your character feels, how incapable to resist it is (s)he at the moment, etc. After (s)he arrived to evil twin's little universe (s)he should comment it like "Oh, shit.." or something like that. It should be long and maybe sentimental. After all this is the moment when the journey ends. And this is time to the last cutscene. The demonst start moveing towards the char, who is start fight back. The screen is fadeing. The most attitudinized effect would be some screams. And this is the end of the game. The time to the credits instead of the dieing movie.

Second: The PC could left Candlekeep after (s)he heard what is happening. The half of the NPCs should leave the party immediatly, the other half should be very disappointed, etc. After the PC left, (s)he meets his evil twinbrother in the wood..

Third, i think you missed a great moment by forgoting poor Neeber, the first classed moron of Trademeet. He should appear again, and intorduce you to his cousin, Noober. This is the great chance to strike! Two fly with one hit.

Edwin should not disappear after the sloveing his quest, which isnt realy his quest. It would be good too if you could chat with the old NPCs.

Kicking Ribald in the arse after how he forced to murder and kill in the arena would be a good options too.

Oh, i almost forgot.. Removeing the finished quests journal entries would be great too.

Fighters could start with the talking sword (sorry, i just cant spell its name) instead of that +2 blade.

Well, thats all, these were my ideas, i hope some of them are usefull.