darkkhaine
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:41 AM

Hello!

i have the french version of BG2 + TOB
I have installed the 3 mods and big picture
But when i play to the game, it sometimes crashes and display this :
"An Assertion failed in ChVidImage3d.cpp at line number 1957"
(I think this problem is bound to the inventory.)

Can somebody help me to solve this problem?

thanks

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:08 AM

Checked that the installations are compatible?

#3 darkkhaine

darkkhaine
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for the fast reply!

View Post

Yes they are.
I have followed the setup instructions of the big picture readme that i have found here : http://dragonshoard....161G_Manual.pdf

I have installed shadows over soubar + the darkest day + tortured souls + big pictures and their patches. (I wonder if the problem will stay if i add the never ending journey mod?)

The crash occurs after 5 to 20 minutes of playing.

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:42 AM

Thanks for the fast reply!

View Post

Yes they are.
I have followed the setup instructions of the big picture readme that i have found here : http://dragonshoard....161G_Manual.pdf

I have installed shadows over soubar + the darkest day + tortured souls + big pictures and their patches. (I wonder if the problem will stay if i add the never ending journey mod?)

The crash occurs after 5 to 20 minutes of playing.

View Post

We need more specific information. Where are you, and what exactly are you doing right before the crash? Does it happen in the same place?

#5 darkkhaine

darkkhaine
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:18 PM

The crash often occurs when i open my inventory.
It can happen in every maps. (I went from irenicus donjon to the town and it crashes many times during it)

#6 darkkhaine

darkkhaine
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:56 PM

also i would like to add that i played a multiplayer game (in order to create all my characters).

#7 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:17 PM

Are any of your items ones that weren't found in normal gameplay? (CLUA console, game editor additions)

It's something in your inventory causing it, most likely.

I might also add that this has never been reported before, in 1000's of installs--to my knowledge.

#8 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:38 PM

don't know if you've got this fixed yet, but the list of Bioware assertion errors has this:

ChVidmod3d.cpp at line 889

Error retrieving frame information from a BAM in 3D mode. This is most likely bad data. Try clearing out your "cache", "temp", and "tempsave" directories. Failing that, try reinstalling.

it's not a commonly encountered problem in BGII or in BP installs, s Horred said, so either a: you've got a randomly corrupted file, in which case, if you can't locate which one it is you'll need to re-install; or b: you've installed a mod recently that has a corrupted file - you might try uninstalling whichever mods you've most recently installed and see if the problem disappears.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

Watch out for those item mods. There are several that have 1-handed staves and other broken items in them. It will CTD your game everytime.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#10 GekkeR

GekkeR
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

Signed up to say that I've got the exact same problem (english install though).

My weidu log

It's not too bad as I know it'll only happen when I access my inventory (and it usually only shows up after about 10-15 minutes.

It seems random as I can't make it appear by doing anything specific yet ( been clicking around :P )

I made it crash within 1 minute one time by accessing the inventory and franticly clicking the different pc's (tried again after but nothing happened , figures :) ).

playing : Gaxx(me),Imoen,Khalid,Jaheira,Minsc,Dynaheir

using Nvidia 71,89 drivers for a GF6600GT (not sure if it matters though).

Let me know if you need to know anything about my install/system.

Another thing I've noticed is bad pathfinding (in at least the BG1 part , perhaps I should post this in bp+bgt?).
Example:
If I set my party in front of a river and order them to cross it (with no way possible).
They will keep trying which is not a problem ofcourse , but it's making my system lag (map scroll stuttering etc).
Now this wouldn't be a problem if it was just my pc's (just don't order them to do anything they can't do :P ).
But it also happens to npc's , I always notice when some creature is stuck somewhere because the screen starts lagging (have to kill the mob to make it go away).
It's like the pathfinding system just doesn't know when to give up.

those 2 bugs aside , I love this mod :^^:

#11 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

hmm, there's nothing on yr list which jumps out immediately and says 'corrupted BAM', so i'm not entirely sure about the inventory crash. re: the pathfinding - have you tried altering the number of paths in the BG setup? i have mine set around 35000 (i have a very low-end machine) and never have any problems with path-finding.

by the way, there're a number of components in yr weidu log that will cause you grief if you play this thru to the end of the throne of bhaal, notably:

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

these things are already included in BP - by installing the first three, yr actually *decreasing* yr party's abilities, as these all go up to level 50 in BP but only level 40 in EoU; the fourth is unnecessary and may cause problems later on as the merchants are also included in BP

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#12 GekkeR

GekkeR
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the info seanas.

I've tried messing with the pathfinding settings , yes.
But that doesn't seem to make a difference , I don't remember this happening on my old system (neither in BG1 or BG2+tob).
So something must be different.

I tried out the BG2 part real quick (going out of the cell and clicking on a space behind a closed door).
It didn't appear to be lagging.
I also tried creating a new BG1 game (to make sure my savegame didn't get bugged).
But as soon as I enter candlekeep , put my pc beside the castle wall and click outside it.
The screen starts lagging again.

Going outside irenicus's dungeon to test it some more now.

(using an Athlon64 2500Mhz atm , should be more then enough).

--edit
I've also been wondering about the bg2 bonus and ce cds , should I install those or leave them be ?

Edited by GekkeR, 05 June 2005 - 01:31 PM.

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:57 AM

The bonus CD installs the merchants that EoU installed and BP already has installed. No need to touch that disc.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#14 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

It's not too bad as I know it'll only happen when I access my inventory (and it usually only shows up after about 10-15 minutes.

It seems random as I can't make it appear by doing anything specific yet ( been clicking around :P )

I made it crash within 1 minute one time by accessing the inventory and franticly clicking the different pc's (tried again after but nothing happened , figures :) ).

i have exactly the same problem accessing my inventory. did you ever (or anyone else) figure out whats wrong? i tried clearing out my temp, tempsave, cache directories too.

#15 amitlath

amitlath
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

sorry that was me 'unregistered' above before signin. i am attaching my weidu log in case that will help.

edit: the forum wont let me upload my weidu log file. it seems i cant upload a file with .log extension.

Edited by amitlath, 03 May 2006 - 02:27 PM.

#16 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:51 AM

just rename it to .txt extension.
btw a doubt about lvl 50 rules, on my current install i avoided all those mod components that could wreck the lvl 50 rules from bp and still when i look into to the .2da files it shows a max of lvl 40???

#17 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:22 AM

btw a doubt about lvl 50 rules, on my current install i avoided all those mod components that could wreck the lvl 50 rules from bp and still when i look into to the .2da files it shows a max of lvl 40???

then you must have missed a mod (or more likely there's yet another Level 40 ruleset out there that we haven't got listed). try removing all the relevant 2da files from yr override folder and checking again: if you've got TDD or BP installed, there should be Level 50 2da files biffed somewhere - or seach yr BGII directory for 2da files in a backup folder somewhere (this'll give yo uthe culprit mod as well as the correct files).

actually (to long on holidays - i've forgotten so much): BP doesn't bif, does it? if not, then unless you've installed mods after BP, it should have installed the most recent 2da files.... i know i certainly have Level 50, so, err, something you've installed after BP is causing this?

#18 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:40 AM

just rename it to .txt extension.

Are you talking of the CLABxxx.2DA files? If so, then it is no issue whatsoever. If a kit does not gain any new abilities after lvl 40, you do not need the entries.

If you're talking of other files, like LAYHANDS.2DA, XPLEVEL.2DA, etc---you have an issue, and it was not caused by BP but by some other mod.

#19 -raecer-

-raecer-

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hello!

i have the french version of BG2 + TOB
I have installed the 3 mods and big picture
But when i play to the game, it sometimes crashes and display this :
"An Assertion failed in ChVidImage3d.cpp at line number 1957"
(I think this problem is bound to the inventory.)

Can somebody help me to solve this problem?

thanks

I realize a few years have passed but i might as well post incase
someone encounters this same problem in a distant future.
(like i did, and failed to find an answer)

I had this same problemwith seemingly random crashes during inventory browsing.
(an assertion failed in chvidimage3d.cpp at line number 1957)
This problem (at least for me) stopped once i configured my
antivirus program to exclude the gamefolder from realtime monitoring.

I used to have this problem all the time while in my inventory, but now
they have stopped happening completely ^^ So nice not to have to save
the game each time and become frustrated... Might be that it locked some
cache files while checking, and the game got upset because of it.

Good luck getting yours to work!

#20 -Ryn-

-Ryn-

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:39 AM

Thank you so much , Raecer. I had the same problem, and your solution fixed it! I really appreciate you taking the time to post your solution.

Much appreciated!