• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

What I said was that it was a good idea to have "ar" in the name somewhere, if for no other reason than keeping track of the things if for whatever reason you can't see the extension clearly. It doesn't necessarily have to be at the beginning. :)

Ah, okay, I misread, then.

And disagree, but that's another matter. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#22 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

Nope, no AR in any of the mods I have worked on except the NTotSC for BGT project. And that was only because the original version already used unique naming, i.e. AR10PB.ARE, AR53PB.ARE, etc. Otherwise, the areas are always based on the mod in question, BH for BoneHill, DSC for DSotSC, and TC for CA (total conversion). If I don't use AR, I know that it is an area from my mod, and second I know I have less (but not complete) chance of someone else using that area name.

But since none of these mods are for SoA itself (BG1 or my TC project), I don't expect much need of someone changing the SoA/ToB areas to also change the BG1 areas.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#23 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

Nope, no AR in any of the mods I have worked on except the NTotSC for BGT project. And that was only because the original version already used unique naming, i.e. AR10PB.ARE, AR53PB.ARE, etc. Otherwise, the areas are always based on the mod in question, BH for BoneHill, DSC for DSotSC, and TC for CA (total conversion). If I don't use AR, I know that it is an area from my mod, and second I know I have less (but not complete) chance of someone else using that area name.

That's more or less what I'm doing, with the A2Kar### format. There are only 28 new area files that go with Arkalian, so the number use isn't too restrictive...

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard