Photo

Rescuing Claire

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 johnbo

johnbo
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

I have found 6 exits in the mines from the main area. Found Claire - killed ALL monsters. I also found ONE key (no.2), and two doors. Thing is - I cannot open the doors.
I am obviously missing something. Also, this is the first quest I went for, so I hope I did not miss out on something.
Claire will not come with me, until I find an opening - can someone PLEASE help?

#2 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:29 AM

key no° 1 is behind a secret wall. It's quite easy to find it and you don't even need a thief.

if you want more accurate information (area name, coordinate,etc), write again.

maybe you prefer just a little suggestion... :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#3 johnbo

johnbo
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:55 AM

I really need to know the co-ordinates. I spent to much time trying to look for a key, or something, that I finally gave up, and started a new game.

PS. I think the game can get a bit too cheesy - if you are a druid or cleric, you can use the level 4 spell (forgot the name) to level you up by 30,000 exp points.

#4 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:49 AM

ok... the area with the secret wall is MD5140 and the co-ordinates are (about) 600.600 . The travel zone in the mine is at north-east.

PS. I think the game can get a bit too cheesy - if you are a druid or cleric, you can use the level 4 spell (forgot the name) to level you up by 30,000 exp points.

that spell stops to work when you reach level 13, so you can't get infinite experience.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:54 AM

ok... the area with the secret wall is MD5140 and the co-ordinates are (about)  600.600 . The travel zone in the mine is at north-east.

that spell stops to work when you reach level 13, so you can't get infinite experience.

View Post

This is true, however for the multi-class the "learning" spell is a paradise. Having Aerie getting soon to a cleric/mage both of level 13 makes this character very convenient. I have to say that i spent part of "30 days rest" using this spell for Aerie. However you can use this spell in a cheesy way if you intend to do so. You're not obliged to employ it.

#6 -Jonis-

-Jonis-

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:39 AM

Hi, Im also stuck in the mines. Found the two keys, killed all the monstaers (AFAIK) found the two unopenable doors but no sign of any claire.

what to do now? Where is the girl?

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:51 AM

ok, never mind. I could suddenly open a new door, but now theres flesheating zombies that cant be harmed and ghjost that I dont dare to hit!

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:36 AM

cleared the undead, found the exit.
where in helms name is Claire?

#9 Cam_H

Cam_H
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:22 PM

Sorry - haven't got the game with me ... good to see you made it through all of those bugs though!

If I recall correctly, she's standing in a south eastern pocket of one of the tunnel areas (the ground texture was more grey than brown if that's of help - I wish I could be more precise for you).

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:38 PM

thank you. I'll just go and search for her then. =)

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:00 AM

Really! I can't find her! How annoying!

#12 Cam_H

Cam_H
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:01 PM

Spoiler warning in linked page

This image should help. ;)

Edited by Cam_H, 29 September 2005 - 05:19 PM.

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:24 AM

thank you, friend.

I hadn't found that tunnel yet, ut seemed that I ignored it because I tyhought I had already explored it....

#14 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:04 AM

I have big problem :/. I clear all mines, and I rescue Claire. I went to the exit of mines and I go out to "fresh air", when I want to go to Susana and get my reward I see only trademeet and exit from the mines on world map, and I can't go to trademeet. Where are other locations for example rural house, witch house ??

#15 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:15 PM

big bug of the game. load your last save before the world map goes mad; i'm sure you'll not find that problem again.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#16 -Grobbel-

-Grobbel-

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but it's basically a variation on the original question.

I found Claire, I found both rusted keys, and I've cleared out all of the other tunnels as well. However, the unopenable doors still don't open! Is there something special I'm supposed to do with the keys, other than just trying to open the doors? And if this is just an unfortunate bug, is there a way to finish the quest (and continue the game, for that matter!)?

#17 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:51 AM

there are three keys

#18 -dANIELS-

-dANIELS-

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

there are three keys

Where is the thrd key?

HELP!!!

#19 -Rufus-

-Rufus-

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

ok... the area with the secret wall is MD5140 and the co-ordinates are (about) 600.600 . The travel zone in the mine is at north-east.

Guys I need help with this too. I cannot find key no1. As I understand I have to look for a secret door in the north-east area, but none of my chars finds it. This is the area with the one of the two locked doors, am I right? But where is this secret wall exactly? I cannot find it. Please help!

By the way thanks for the mod. It is great. And sorry for my bad English, I am Russian.