You are not the One

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:56 AM

Which made it quite boring for me. The problem with Morrowind was the opposite of other games: Too many options, too much freedom. But that's just my personal oppinion.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#22 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:19 PM

Many people agree with you, Grunker (unfotrunately :(). I can't see DA turning into a game with the scope of Morrowind, though. I just dont think it'd be feasable, given the style of their previous games.

Edited by Tom, 12 October 2005 - 08:19 PM.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#23 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:38 PM

I agree with you. But it sounds as though they're trying to create a kind of "in-between" thing, and that's just what I'm after :D
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#24 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:01 AM

I agree with you. But it sounds as though they're trying to create a kind of "in-between" thing, and that's just what I'm after :D

View Post

Well, be at ease. Dragon Age won't be like Morrowind, but more like Kotor and NWN. :D

#25 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:57 AM

KotOR = I can live with that.

NWN = I do hope you only mean the fact that it's a 3D engine. I'll die if the story is as much crap as NWN's ;)

- Yahtzee

#26 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:27 AM

KotOR = I can live with that.

NWN = I do hope you only mean the fact that it's a 3D engine. I'll die if the story is as much crap as NWN's ;)

View Post

In fact I meant that Dragon Age would be area-based like those two and with a main plot quite linear (or like the BG series, but with somehow less freedom of exploring) and not a continuous lanscape like Morrowind with total freedom (Oblivion will be that way).

BTW, I liked NWN. :P