German translation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 nele

nele
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:30 AM

Hello!
I'm a newbie here (at forums in general) and no native speaker of English (being German). :)
I'd very much like to do a German translation of the Edwin Romance mod, because I like it very much!  :D
If somebody has already started (or finished) a German translation and wants/doesn't want me to help, please let me know!  ^_^

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

As far as I know -- nobody is doing the German translation yet. Unless Laufey knows differently. So, you probably should PM her and ask. 99% probability is that you are the first to volunteer.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:18 AM

As far as I know -- nobody is doing the German translation yet. Unless Laufey knows differently. So, you probably should PM her and ask.  99% probability is that you are the first to volunteer.

View Post

I remember somebody asked me about it ages ago, but haven't heard anything since then so I have no idea if the person is working on it or has abandoned the project. Sadly, I've also lost their address, so can't ask.

I say wait a little while, and if nobody comes forward it seems safe to assume that you can work on it undisturbed. :)

#4 nele

nele
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

As far as I know -- nobody is doing the German translation yet. Unless Laufey knows differently. So, you probably should PM her and ask.  99% probability is that you are the first to volunteer.

View Post

I remember somebody asked me about it ages ago, but haven't heard anything since then so I have no idea if the person is working on it or has abandoned the project. Sadly, I've also lost their address, so can't ask.

I say wait a little while, and if nobody comes forward it seems safe to assume that you can work on it undisturbed. :)

View Post

I'll do that, thank you! :)

#5 --jastey--

--jastey--

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:21 AM

Hallo nele,

in case you didn't know them yet:

Baldurs Gate Germany (Module Bastler Forum)
Rosenranken.de (Übersetzungen)

Here is where most of the German translation work of IE-mods is going on, and where you can find help if you have problems with some words / phrases / idioms. (Sorry if you knew this already.)

As far as I can see nobody is working on translating the Edwin romance so far, but I don't know for sure.

Übrigens: Willkommen im Forum! :hug:

#6 nele

nele
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:18 AM

@jastey

I didn't know them, thanks very much :)

Edited by nele, 09 June 2005 - 01:28 AM.

#7 nele

nele
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:30 AM

Übrigens: Willkommen im Forum! :hug:

View Post

Vielen Dank, ich freu mich hier zu sein! :D

#8 Adder

Adder
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:08 AM

In fact that was me :blush:. It was before I registered in this forum, that is why I approached to you vie e-mail. I started to work on it, but since RL (university) was far more time consuming than I thought it's far from being finished :( .

However I would be happy to lend a hand and I can send the parts I've translated to whoever is interested.

Sorry for not giving a word about the process, I didn't want to give any promises because I wasn't sure if I could keep them :unsure:

Edited by Adder, 11 June 2005 - 07:31 AM.

"Face it, if crime didn't pay, there would be very few criminals"
-Laughton Lewis Burdock-

#9 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:42 PM

In fact that was me :blush:. It was before I registered in this forum, that is why I approached to you vie e-mail. I started to work on it, but since RL (university) was far more time consuming than I thought it's far from being finished :( .

However I would be happy to lend a hand and I can send the parts I've translated to whoever is interested.

Sorry for not giving a word about the process, I didn't want to give any promises because I wasn't sure if I could keep them :unsure:

View Post

Oh, no need for apologies at all. :) I know very well how time consuming university is, and it's not exactly as if I'm paying you for it. ;) I just want to be sure that people who do want to work on translations can do it smoothly and without stepping on each others' toes, so to speak.

#10 Samudra

Samudra
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:30 AM

As I started translating the Edwin Romance Mod in German, I would like to know if there are passages in the version 1.0.4 which differ from the first version (I don't know its real name) :rolleyes:
Oportet cavere eos, quorum vim ignores.

Edwin Odesseiron, j'ai de la vénération pour toi!

"Satu nusa, satu bangsa, satu bahasa!"

#11 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:08 PM

As I started translating the Edwin Romance Mod in German, I would like to know if there are passages in the version 1.0.4 which differ from the first version (I don't know its real name)  :rolleyes:

View Post

At least nothing major that instantly springs to mind. The changed quest description for Edwin's quest was accidentally left out of the latest version, and will be put in later, that's all I can think of right now.

#12 Samudra

Samudra
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:59 AM

Are we supposed to send the translated files to Laufey or to someone else?
Oportet cavere eos, quorum vim ignores.

Edwin Odesseiron, j'ai de la vénération pour toi!

"Satu nusa, satu bangsa, satu bahasa!"

#13 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:23 PM

Are we supposed to send the translated files to Laufey or to someone else?

View Post

You can either send them to me, or directly to Nebukad.