Photo

Valen's Class

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Which class will you choose for Valen upon installation? (91 member(s) have cast votes)

Which class will you choose for Valen upon installation?

1. Fighter/Thief (28 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Fighter/Mage (4 votes [4.40%])

Percentage of vote: 4.40%

3. Fighter (3 votes [3.30%])

Percentage of vote: 3.30%

4. Sorceress (8 votes [8.79%])

Percentage of vote: 8.79%

5. Assassin (41 votes [45.05%])

Percentage of vote: 45.05%

6. Monk (7 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:05 PM

Six different class options for Valen are available upon installation of the Valen Expansion.

Which one are you most interested in playing?

#2 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:22 PM

Thief/mage.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#3 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

Thief/mage.

Considering Valen has all the cool vampire stuff going on, I think having both mage and thief skills on top of that would overcomplicate her.

That's why I didn't include that option.

Do you disagree?

#4 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

She could be a mage dualed to a thief (not a thief dualed to a mage) rather than her as a multi-class.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#5 Togashi Renshi

Togashi Renshi

Fhtagn!

• 83 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:53 AM

Assassin. Totally.

#6 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:13 AM

Yes, assassin or fighter/thief. I'd be curious towards sorceress and fighter/mage too. :)

#7 Fizbandanna

Fizbandanna
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:16 PM

i generally play a Sorcerer or Mage mulitlclass, so thief makes sense for now, but generally i think I'll make her a melee class if i'm a magic user and conversely. Also, if she takes up the necessary thief duties i can avoid Yoshimo who I never liked anyway.

#8 Surtr

Surtr

Nothing's better than fine cold magic from an Orc

• 55 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:07 AM

Most likely I will play Valen as dark vampire Sorceress with necromantic spells, to underline her nocturne existance! :vbat:

To have her as Assassin would also be interesting and well fitting, I think! ^_^

#9 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:10 AM

I voted Fighter/thief. Otherwise I would do assassin. Unless you are going to change her joining dialogue sorceress really falls out of style with this dialogue.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#10 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:09 AM

I voted Fighter/thief. Otherwise I would do assassin. Unless you are going to change her joining dialogue sorceress really falls out of style with this dialogue.

Valen's dialog is adjusted with respect to her chosen class. It was actually some of the more fun dialog to write.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#11 Fizbandanna

Fizbandanna
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:23 AM

It was actually some of the more fun dialog to write.

Sorcerer was?

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 04 June 2005 - 02:49 PM.

#12 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:48 PM

It was actually some of the more fun dialog to write.

Sorcerer was?

All of the class variations.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#13 -Morken-

-Morken-

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:58 AM

Why does the class always have to be set in stone?

With some NPC's like Minsc or Korgan, only fighter sorts would fit the persona.

With many others like Mazzy or Imoen, as long as their dialogue interjections dont focus on professions, it isnt needed to fix it.

I always thought that Imoen should spawn as whatever the protagonist is not.

I'd like a 'half' or 'fledgling' option where she is only a newbie vamp, no drain, no super dooper powers, slightly blighted in sunlight, NO CRAZY CLERICs (lessened stigma problems)

It's odd, if you enter the lathander temple with Valen, invis, hiding in the Talos temple, they can SMELL HER PERFUME and will hostile you.

#14 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:21 AM

So far no votes for Valen as a fighter- interesting.

I would assume this is due to an abundance of competent fighters already available.

#15 Pixel Kaiser

Pixel Kaiser

Formerly Tameon the Dragoon

• 1425 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:43 AM

I voted Assassin, as there is no good released Assassin NPCs out there. Fighter, as you said, is just too common.

#16 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:39 AM

So far no votes for Valen as a fighter- interesting.

I would assume this is due to an abundance of competent fighters already available.

Indeed. There are lots of fighters in BG II world already.

Besides, when yo uthink of a vampire, fighter class doesn't quite seem to fit, right? Usually vampires are considered a stay-in-the-shadow type. Assassin - that's most fitting. I somehow can't imagine a vampire running with 2H sword, clad in full armor and charging in front of a group.
Don't you think?
Chosen One: "But I AM the Chosen One"
Talking Head: "No, you're not"
Chosen One: "Yes, I AM"
Talking Head: "No, you are not"
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"
"NO, YOU'RE... ah, very well, you ARE the Chosen One. Here, have this magic stone..."

#17 Soul Harverster

Soul Harverster
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:25 AM

Assassin for the first time, Sorceress for the second time and it's a toss up between Monk or Fighter for the third time(if I ever get there).But it would also depend on the class of my PC and which other NPC's will be in the party.
As for the fighter class not fitting a vampire, it really depends on the Vampire and your point of view.
But I think it can be quite suitable for the more...brutal vampires .It is assumed that Dracula was based on the historic figure known as Vlad ''The Impaler'' Dracul, who was most likely a fighter in DND terms. The tremendous strength of a vampire is used to it's full potential when wielding a Two Handed Weapon, IMO. Nevertheless, that same tremendous strength can also be used quite well when plunging a dagger in a neck.

Edited by Soul Harverster, 21 November 2005 - 05:26 AM.

Do you seek great adventure? Great treasure? Immortal fame? Respect of your Peers?
If you answered ''yes!'' to any of these questions, you might have what it takes to enlist in...

THE GLORIOUS BAATEZU ARMY!

Benefits include:Competive Pay!Guaranteed promotions! Prompt payment-- you always get what you deserve! Excellent severance pay!Travel and meals(all you can eat)!
Why wait?Enlist now!See the Lower Planes!

#18 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:55 AM

Assassin for the first time, Sorceress for the second time and it's a toss up between Monk or Fighter for the third time(if I ever get there).But it would also depend on the class of my PC and which other NPC's will be in the party.
As for the fighter class not fitting a vampire, it really depends on the Vampire and your point of view.
But I think it can be quite suitable for the more...brutal vampires .It is assumed that Dracula was based on the historic figure known as Vlad ''The Impaler'' Dracul, who was most likely a fighter in DND terms. The tremendous strength of a vampire is used to it's full potential when wielding a Two Handed Weapon, IMO. Nevertheless, that same tremendous strength can also be used quite well when plunging a dagger in a neck.

Hmmm... When I think of it, I find more and more reasons why a vampire could actually be an excellent fighter. Damn, many years ago, I used to do some rpg sessions in Warhammer and there weren't any problems with such chars. Actually, it was quite natural for a vampire to massacre a group not by stealth attacks and such but just with pure psychical power - or shapeshifting for example.

Anyway, it all depends on point of view - just like you said. It just seems more fitting to me for a vampire to prefer stealth over pure force - though it doesn't mean there cannot be a vampire berserker :)

P.S. How can I join? Lower Planes are a little bit too far for me... Any regional recruitment points?

Edited by Cervantes de Leon, 21 November 2005 - 05:57 AM.

Chosen One: "But I AM the Chosen One"
Talking Head: "No, you're not"
Chosen One: "Yes, I AM"
Talking Head: "No, you are not"
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"
"NO, YOU'RE... ah, very well, you ARE the Chosen One. Here, have this magic stone..."

#19 --Guthemuth--

--Guthemuth--

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:34 AM

Hi,

I like the fighter / thief, that gives her stealth and fighting skill

#20 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:55 AM

Valen is an Assassin, now we've sorted that out what's next :)