Q & A for the Valen Expansion

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Chooch

Chooch
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:30 PM

Will she have to occasionally feed?

Having the PC offer up a little blood would be an interesting trust issue.

Or a really evil character sacrifices one of the party NPC. :devil:

Will she have the ability to create additional vamps?

Will the restriction on having Aerie in the party still apply?

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 14 June 2005 - 08:37 AM.

#2 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:01 AM

Will she have to occasionally feed?

Yes, but that's not much of a problem considering all the opportunities.

Having the PC offer up a little blood would be an interesting trust issue.

Or a really evil character sacrifices one of the party NPC. :devil:

I think doing either of these things would be very foolish of the PC, evil or not.

Will she have the ability to create additional vamps?

She has the ability to do so. But will she want to?

Will the restriction on having Aerie in the party still apply?

It would stand to reason that she would want to avoid good clerics with the ability to kill her outright.

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 14 June 2005 - 08:37 AM.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#3 Fizbandanna

Fizbandanna
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:22 PM

Will Valen be normally compatible with Shadow Keeper?

Will any good aligned npcs be allowed in the party when she is present?

Will Valen ever attack helpless people when you can't do anything to stop her?

Will she be healed by cause wounds spells like a true D&D undead, and harmed by Heal spells?

#4 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:01 PM

Will Valen be normally compatible with Shadow Keeper?

ShadowKeeper is a game editor. "Compatability" is irrelevant.

Will any good aligned npcs be allowed in the party when she is present?

Yes.

Will Valen ever attack helpless people when you can't do anything to stop her?

Maybe.

Will she be healed by cause wounds spells like a true D&D undead, and harmed by Heal spells?

I don't know.

#5 ringwraith18

ringwraith18
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:31 AM

Will there be any Valen-specific quests?

#6 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:35 AM

Will there be any Valen-specific quests?

Yes.

#7 Chooch

Chooch
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

If I understand correctly she will have a class (i.e. sorceress) in addition to being a vampire. So as she gains experience will her vampire skills also increase and the skill types that improve depend on her class (thief - stealthier)?

Game wise does this mean she is dual class (i.e. vampire as a kit)?

Also would other newly created NPCs recognize that she is a vampire and evil?

#8 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:45 AM

If I understand correctly, she will have a class (i.e. sorceress) in addition to being a vampire. So as she gains experience will her vampire skills also increase and the skill types that improve depend on her class (i.e. thief = stealthier)?

Development of vampire powers will depend on roleplaying/character development, however Valen's class may have an indirect influence based on how the player utilizes her. Class, itself, may be given some weight when determining how and what powers manifest. I am undecided on that point.

Game wise does this mean she is dual class (i.e. vampire as a kit)?

Valen's will not derive her vampire powers as part of a kit. She will be whatever class the player chooses.

Also would other newly created NPCs recognize that she is a vampire and evil?

That would depend on the author of the new NPC. I look forward to collaboration with other mod authors such as the Crossmod Banter Pack after the release of the Valen Expansion.

#9 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 06:01 PM

Will this mod require the previous Valen mod to be installed to work?

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#10 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:30 PM

It will all be in an integrated installation. Check the F.A.Q. for details.

#11 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:14 AM

Which soundset will she use? Will it be different from the WeiDu Valen?

Will it be impossible to leveldrain other Vampires? (let's face it, it's too powerful).
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#12 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:14 PM

Which soundset will she use? Will it be different from the WeiDu Valen?

Will it be impossible to leveldrain other Vampires? (let's face it, it's too powerful).

I don't plan to change the soundset.

Level drain is overpowered, in my opinion. I know it will need adjustment.

#13 Discord

Discord
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

If I have a priest in my party and I use the turn undead ability, will Valen be affected?

#14 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:31 AM

If I have a priest in my party and I use the turn undead ability, will Valen be affected?

Although I have not tested this in my alpha build or in Wes Weimer's original version, I believe that since Valen carries the "undead" variable in her coding any spells targeting undead would therefore affect her as well.

#15 -CrazedSlayer-

-CrazedSlayer-

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:20 PM

heya. im really looking forward to the mod, and ive just got a few questions about it:

will Valen have anything to say about that de-vampireising shrine in the SunTemple? (thats used to save NPC love interests when they are bitten by Bohidi)

will the distrust that clerics and such give you for simply having her in the party affect quests?

and are the other vampire abilities going to be give to Valen as they have been with other vampires in bg2? (such as turning into a bat to move faster or turning into vampireic mist to avoid further damage)

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:32 PM

Will non clerics/non paladins NPCs realise that Valen is a vampire when she is not doing or saying anything that would reveal her secret?

#17 CrazedSlayer

CrazedSlayer
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

About that Aerie being able to kill Valen bit. Dosen't that ability only result from a high level cleric activating it around a lower level undead creature? Assuming that Aerie *could* kill Valen, would she really want to kill something that isnt really posing a threat to her or the party? Perhaps <charname> could tell her not to.

#18 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

i would like to ask.
Currently i have installed BP+BGT,world map V6.6 & Return to Trademeet mods,
does this have any incompatibilities with Valen mods?
Because i learned that Return to Trademeet mods is not compatible with any of NPC mods,am i right?

But i really like to have both RTT & Valen mods to be together.......

#19 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:03 PM

i would like to ask.
Currently i have installed BP+BGT,world map V6.6 & Return to Trademeet mods,
does this have any incompatibilities with Valen mods?
Because i learned that Return to Trademeet mods is not compatible with any of NPC mods,am i right?

But i really like to have both RTT & Valen mods to be together.......

I'm not familiar with Return to Trademeet, but if the documentation for that module states it is incompatible with NPC mods, I would assume that would include the Valen Expansion.

#20 Neane

Neane
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

[quote name='Neane' date='24 March 2011 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1301033679' post='511623']
On a scale of K ( Kid Friendly) to A (For Adults Only) [ The same rating for movies and TV shows]. What will the rating be?

[ The Auren and Sarah Female Romance Mods made by Kat Bella are rated T for Teen. The Imoen Romance mod by Lord Mirrabo is rated M for the possible sibling incest and words such as %$#! and ******* and #@!@!. And Baldur's Gate 2 made by Bioware is rated T for Teen.]

The Imoen romance had to much cursing for many people[Currently being fixed for the v2 of the Imoen Romance Mod by Taig Dale]. Will there be a lot of cursing in this mod?

And in one word, what will be Imoen's reaction to her sibling falling in love with a women who is currently a Vampire and whose "mother" currently has Imoen's soul?

Will the Statues in Spellhold right before you turn into the Slayer keep on shouting "You Support this Fiend!!" all the time and thus have to kick out Valen when the Child of Bhaal is romancing her and maybe ruin the romance all for a bonus of speed before we face Bodhi?

[ Note: Valen suffers from Cleric "Turn Undead" by Viconia and gets vaporized by any Priest Spells that Drow Priests use "Sunray" to kill Vampires and is affected by the "Repulse Undead" spell that throws Vampires across the Map. Valen suffers from any spells that affect undead and Vampires and Shadows. Found Out when last night blasted the Vampires and gave Imoen back her soul from Bodhi and then fought the Shadows and Lichs in the ancient Temple. And then had to Fight all the people of the "City of Coin" because Aerie attacked us in the tent when I went into the tent a second time with Valen. Note: Fighting the Huge Army of Amn is tough but gives you a ton of EXP. ]

Also, will Valen comment when you turn those Halfling (Cough#H$o$b$b$i$t$s#Cough) Town Criers into Stone with that Level One Orb Spell?[I killed everybody that would not turn the people of the map hostile with that spell.]

Could there be a romance track for the Torture Gnome you crtl-q with for my Thief Gnome that has 16 charisma?

Will Valen comment on any of the "Harlots" in the game?[ Some of her friends before she became a vampire were "Harlots".]