romace's

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -viscen-

-viscen-

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

i dont know if anyoen else has this problem, or if there is a mod out here already that fix's it but i always have problems with the romances by the time i get anywhere i beat the game is there a mod out there, or can anyone make a mod that makes the romance interactions come faster or make it able to talk with the person u are romancing anytime to get the next banter. please tell me your thoughts, and if this mod has already been made please show me where.

thanks in advance

#2 K. Lou of Combs

K. Lou of Combs
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:15 PM

There's always the banter accelerator in the Banter Pack.

Of course, if that's not fast enough for you, then you could try the cheat code

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("__Romance","GLOBAL",1)

Where __ is the name of the character you're romancing. It only works for the Bioware romances, though.
"Without my glasses, I see the world as it really is: kinda blurry."

The stupidest, silliest mod in progress is right here:
The Mary Sue NPC Mod

#3 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:11 PM

The banter accelerator expressly does not speed up romances*. Not not not. Won't, doesn't, didn't, shan't.

* - It will cause the problem to appear more frequently if you have a romance that's stuck looping (Jaheira), but that's the game getting stuck, the banter accelerator merely reveals the problem more often.

#4 -viscen-

-viscen-

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

There's always the banter accelerator in the Banter Pack.

Of course, if that's not fast enough for you, then you could try the cheat code

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("__Romance","GLOBAL",1)

Where __ is the name of the character you're romancing.  It only works for the Bioware romances, though.

View Post

so what happens when you use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("__Romance","GLOBAL",1) does it make the person you are romancing talk Emmidiatly or does it take another wait, waiting another 30 min for the next banter?

(one of the reasons im needing this is because i beat the game countless times trying to finish one romance and i had to wait 8 hours for only 4 banters please help)

#5 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

LĪJ

• 451 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

you could edit the ini and keep hitting control-T because it speeeds the game an hour ahead... it sometimes works...

#6 -viscen-

-viscen-

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:56 PM

i must thank you all for your help i figured it out the CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("__Romance","GLOBAL",1) worked i just have to sleep and go from area to area i have finally finished one romance thank you all again for your swift replies and help i will try to finish the others later. thank you again.