34 replies to this topic

#1 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

Hi, everyone!

Forgotten Wars will be moving to another domain quite soon, and at the same time undergoing an unavoidable name change. This course of action is because Neil Sharp, aka Wolfie, our previous administrator, has asked that we relocate our community to another domain as soon as we are able to do so. He feels that FW is growing away from his original vision, and that therefore we should retire the name and appearance of Forgotten Wars.

I can therefore announce that after a few days of brainstorming, we have finally settled for a new name! FW will now be known as Spellhold Studios and this is also the new domain we shall soon move to.

The forum database will be moved, together with most of the mods, to Spellhold Studios. You will not need to register again, and no data will be lost. A few things might be changed to suit the new environment, but I do not want to spoil anything for you. ;) After the transfer is finished, we will have a free hand to continue working on our other projects, in order to make Spellhold Studios a better modding community.

We are currently in process of making everything ready for the move. It is scheduled to take place on Saturday June 25. The forum will be taken offline for a while as we relocate the database, in order not to lose any information.

Please post comments or questions below.

Best Regards

- Sebastian

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#2 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:33 AM

Will there be any sort of Lost Our Lease sale? You know, blowing out furnishings and shelving fixtures and so forth at discount prices?

#3 -Aristothenes-

-Aristothenes-

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:41 AM

Hostile takeover?

...Out of curiosity, WHAT EXACTLY is Neil Sharp's original vision for this site?
(Concise answers please, no beating about the bush)

#4 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:50 AM

Spellhold Studios *chuckle* So the inmates are running the asylum?

No, seriously I think it is a good move and a nice name. This smells like another Banner Contest!!
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#5 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:51 AM

Posts containing pure spamming will be deleted from this topic; this is a thread for discussion - and I don't want to close it.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#6 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:52 AM

This smells like another Banner Contest!!

A new banner is already in the works, just as everything else regarding the move. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#7 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:09 PM

Hostile takeover?

...Out of curiosity, WHAT EXACTLY is Neil Sharp's original vision for this site?

View Post

I've started a discussion of this question here to avoid clogging this thread.

Sorry, but when rebellious teenagers move out of the family home, they aren't entitled to claim any of the stuff from their old room when the rest of the family eventually choose to relocate. wink.gif

That's a shame, I'd have made SC an offer on the Allies From the Shadows and Juna forums in that box over there. (not a generous offer, but an offer.)

#8 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

Sorry, but when rebellious teenagers move out of the family home, they aren't entitled to claim any of the stuff from their old room when the rest of the family eventually choose to relocate. wink.gif

That's a shame, I'd have made SC an offer on the Allies From the Shadows and Juna forums in that box over there. (not a generous offer, but an offer.)

Apologies for my totally unhelpful and misdirected attempt at levity, Jason (and Seb!). I hope my ill-conceived burblings haven't given anyone the wrong idea. Oopsy... :blush:

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#9 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:01 PM

Hostile takeover?

View Post

I've started a discussion of this question here to avoid clogging this thread.

View Post

Considering that you'd need to ask Dan 69 and the Shadow fella that made Juna mod for them, not us is easily forgotten then.

Mind, you're last attempt at getting a database had a less then desired result so don't let a small thing like ownership get in the way.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:41 PM

Hmm... interesting. New winds blowing I see. Banner will be made by Khay, right? :) Spellhold Studios... sounds good, although I wonder how I got into Spellhold with my archmage powers. Otherwise seems that work is being made with precision and skill as always. Waiting for the new appearence of the forums.
-Silver

#11 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:45 PM

Bread and Salt for the New Home.

For what it's worth I joined FW because I really enjoy coming here. I'm new around here so all the history goes over my head but I'd just like to say that I think the current team are great. I consider this one of the best sites out there. Just my 2 cents worth.

And the new name's good to. Many a person has said I belong in an Asylum, and now I do. The joys of being magically deviant. :^^:
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#12 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:49 PM

For what it's worth I joined FW because I really enjoy coming here. I'm new around here so all the history goes over my head but I'd just like to say that I think the current team are great. I consider this one of the best sites out there. Just my 2 cents worth.

Thank you, Jyzabyl. We try our best. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:17 PM

Something that just popped in my mind... this change is going to leave a lot of links in other sites unworking, so have to remember to tell those ppl who don't often come here about this.

#14 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:18 PM

Thank you. Finding and updating links will be tricky, and we can use everyone's help ;)!

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

I have already informed a few parties, going to make a few more mails later... these things are a pain in the ass, if you don't mind me saying.

#16 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:31 AM

I have already informed a few parties, going to make a few more mails later... these things are a pain in the ass, if you don't mind me saying.

We're well aware of that. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#17 Cantrip

Cantrip

the Scholar

• 325 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:24 AM

Were moving, Hurrah!! :w00t:
I always did like moving... :D
"A hot iron, though blunt, will pierce sooner than a cold one, though sharper."

Some great webcomics:
http://www.dominic-deegan.com/
http://www.nuklearpower.com/latest.php
http://www.giantitp..../ootscript?SK=1

#18 Mr.WeaseL

Mr.WeaseL
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:30 AM

I like the new name. Snazzy.

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:53 AM

Something that just popped in my mind... this change is going to leave a lot of links in other sites unworking, so have to remember to tell those ppl who don't often come here about this.

View Post

Actually it shouldn't be too bad, fw.net will forward to the new domain untill things get settled and its no longer needed :)

#20 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:08 AM

Were moving, Hurrah!!  :w00t:
I always did like moving...  :D

View Post

Good. Get over to my house and start packing up my furniture. :P

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif