Photo

Finsihed package

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Azzlack

Azzlack
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:43 AM

When all these major project mods are finished, (BP, BGT-Weidu, BDash, etc)
will the final release be a package with all these mods included with an installer?
This would solve many problems for users. It would also possibly create a form of system in all this mess.

At least that's my impression of this when I browse the forum. Everyone are building on their own projects, and many bugs are fixed in two different ways in two mods. What I miss here is a big mod, where everything is included and no overwriting of fixes and scripts that don't work. I am aware that KD and Ascension have some form of cooperation, and I expect the rest of you have it too, only we don't know about it.

Frankly said, I will skip playing BP-BGT if I have to go through another 3 hours install like the old BP-BGT. :crying:

If a wiki is created where you post your changes and fixes, it would simplify the progress and it would be much more organized.
See here for wiki: TWiki
If not, you could create a topic in this forum.

This post may seem a little demanding, but I assure you, it is not meant to be so... :D

Cheers! Keep up the good work all! :thumb:

(Hlid, KD, Ascension, Horred, Vlad, and many more)

Edit: Sorry for the misspelling in the title.

Edited by ove.a, 16 June 2005 - 10:45 AM.

#2 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

I'd love to see a nice 10 CD installation package that throws up everything that you need for all this in one nicely arranged directory tree.

copyrights be damned!

or we could ask bioware for permission... releasing BG1, IWD, and BG2+ToB into the public domain should be enough.

Edited by Usurper, 16 June 2005 - 05:29 PM.

The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#3 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:21 AM

will the final release be a package with all these mods included with an installer?
This would solve many problems for users. It would also possibly create a form of system in all this mess.

You spell my thoughts actually.... :D
I don't see any critical problems (yet ;) ) with large mods as BGT, BP, SoS, TDD, BH, DSotSC, NTotSC, NeJ, TS, CtB to be included in one mega-package. I have a strong desire to make that for my personal usage at least... ;) :P There're some compatibility issues but they definitely can be solved.
Another thought is to compose some kind of "Mega Package Programmer's Guide" that will contain all major scripts and special features details (such as some important variables, horred's detectable spells, new spawn points system etc. etc.) that will help all modders who want their mod to be a "mega"-compatible to use that already implemented stuff and benefit from its perfection :P :lol: .

Edited by King Diamond, 17 June 2005 - 12:23 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:53 AM

You spell my thoughts actually.... :D
I don't see any critical problems (yet ;) ) with large mods as BGT, BP, SoS, TDD, BH, DSotSC, NTotSC, NeJ, TS, CtB to be included in one mega-package. I have a strong desire to make that for my personal usage at least... ;) :P There're some compatibility issues but they definitely can be solved.
Another thought is to compose some kind of "Mega Package Programmer's Guide" that will contain all major scripts and special features details (such as some important variables, horred's detectable spells, new spawn points system etc. etc.) that will help all modders who want their mod to be a "mega"-compatible to use that already implemented stuff and benefit from its perfection :P :lol: .

View Post

I am certainly am still planning to do a full developer's doc for BGT-WeiDU, for starters.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Azzlack

Azzlack
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:31 AM

Terrific, Ascension!

BP-BGT should be the platform for new and existing mods. People should make sure their mods are compatible with BP-BGT since it is there all the problems surface. Standalone, many mods function properly, but in BP-BGT, they do not always function as they should.

I hope the other modders will follow your example and create developers guid for their mods.

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:51 AM

Terrific, Ascension!

BP-BGT should be the platform for new and existing mods. People should make sure their mods are compatible with BP-BGT since it is there all the problems surface. Standalone, many mods function properly, but in BP-BGT, they do not always function as they should.

I hope the other modders will follow your example and create developers guid for their mods.

View Post

Well, maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't. The proposition of a BP-BGT/Tutu 'merger' still stands so that there is a unified platform for mod development.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)