Wow... I feel so dumb. Is it just me or is this CHAIN thing hard. lol

Here is my question.

==BFLAN
@7
= @8
== BTSUJAT
@9
where does the file BFLAN has @7 written

That information goes in a TRA file. You are not required to use them.

== BFLAN ~Hello~

would be equivalent.

WeiDU knows where they are (if you choose to use them) if you either employ AUTO_TRA (which I've never used) or the USING command when you compile them, which you can see in various published mod TP2s.

#23 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:52 AM

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~If the trade is fair enough.~ DO ~JoinParty() AddJournalEntry(~A strange fellow has joined with my group and asked that I help him start his own business here in Amn. I should go talk with Lord Ketlaar Argrim, he is a local investor and is located in the Government district.[/u]~[/u],QUEST)~ EXIT

Notice that the bolded and underlined tildes are encapsulating different parts, one containing the other. However, WeiDU cannot understand that the first underlined tilde is opening an inner string, it assumes it's closing the bolded one.
Solution: change one of the tilde pairs with either five tildes, quotes or percentage.

My first suggestion would be to change the bolded ones with percentages:

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~If the trade is fair enough.~ DO %JoinParty() AddJournalEntry(~A strange fellow has joined with my group and asked that I help him start his own business here in Amn. I should go talk with Lord Ketlaar Argrim, he is a local investor and is located in the Government district.~,QUEST)% EXIT

Don't pick the habit of using quotes to pad actions or triggers in .d, as many of these actions/triggers require quotes in them. Same goes for single tilde, in events such as this.
However, you can (and should, for translations' sake) use @references inside actions (EG

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~If the trade is fair enough.~ DO ~JoinParty() AddJournalEntry(@1,QUEST)~
EXIT

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#24 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:57 AM

Alternatively:
IF ~~ QUEST ~Dear Diary...~ EXIT

Edited by Shed, 18 June 2005 - 10:57 AM.

#25 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

Alternatively:

IF ~~ QUEST ~Dear Diary...~ EXIT

View Post

Which shows how much I know of .d synthax after over an year :(
However, the percentage padding will also hold good for other instructions, such as DisplayStringHead() or stuff. :whistling:

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#26 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:27 AM

I changed the bold ~to percantages. It installs with out error, but the journal does not update in the game.

#27 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:52 AM

Are you sure you're looking in the right part of the journal :glare: ?

#28 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:02 PM

I checked all the places that it can be.. no new quest entry to be found :(

#29 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:13 PM

OK, post your whole code and I'll see what I can do. Are you sure you reinstalled after making your change, though? I often make that mistake.

#30 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:31 PM

I didn't know that the order of the actions matter, but it seems it does.
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~If the trade is fair enough.~ DO %JoinParty() AddJournalEntry(~A strange fellow has joined with my group and asked that I help him start his own business here in Amn. I should go talk with Lord Ketlaar Argrim, he is a local investor and is located in the Government district.~,QUEST)% EXIT
I had it like this. When I moved it to:
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~If the trade is fair enough.~ DO %AddJournalEntry(~A strange fellow has joined with my group and asked that I help him start his own business here in Amn. I should go talk with Lord Ketlaar Argrim, he is a local investor and is located in the Government district.~,QUEST) JoinParty()% EXIT

The journal entry now works. Once again thanks to all. I can't really repay you by helping you out with something you need done for your mod(if you can't tell, i am not very good at this stuff) but if any of you who helped need a mirror of your files, let me know.

Edited by Pex657, 18 June 2005 - 12:33 PM.

#31 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:59 PM

No problem :).

#32 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:57 PM

When you though you got rid of me, i come back. I always try to figure out problems by my self, but i am running into more and more problems. i changed the AGRIM.dlg and added this;
IF ~
InParty("Lokyr")
!StateCheck("Lokyr",STATE_SLEEPING)
Global("Businlokyr","LOCALS",0)
!Died(Lokyr)~
SAY ~I am a very busy man, with lots of money to put towards investments, if you could let me do that, I would be very glad.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I think you should listen to us. We have a investment that you might be interested in. It would be worth your time, and money to listen.~ GOTO Listen
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~We do not care how busy you are! We have a business proposal and we think you should listen.~ GOTO Listen
IF ~PartyGoldGT(101)~ THEN REPLY ~ We know that you like to invest in new investments. We will give you 100 gold pieces to listen to a proposal.~ GOTO Listengold
IF ~CheckStatGT(Player1,18,CHR) OR(1) CheckStatGT(Player1,17,Int)~ THEN REPLY ~My dear friend. I am not here to burdon you. I  hear around that you are the man to see if one wants to invest in to a new store. I have lots of money and I am ready to spend, if you know what I mean!~ GOTO Listentrick
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I am sorry to bother you. I will be on my way.~ GOTO Leave
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Listen
SAY ~Why are you still talking with me. I do not deal with the slum population.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Do not anger us. If you have not noticed, it is very easy for us to hurt you. So if your smart you will listen.~ GOTO Threat
IF ~~ THen REPLY ~Why are you so rude. We are just trying to talk business with you and all you are doing is insulting us.~ GOTO Cry
IF ~PartyGoldGT(101)~ THEN REPLY ~ We know that you like to invest in new investments. We will give you 100 gold pieces to listen to a proposal.~ DO ~TakePartyGold(100)~ GOTO Listengold
IF ~CheckStatGT(Player1,18,CHR) OR(1) CheckStatGT(Player1,17,Int)~ THEN REPLY ~My dear friend. I am not here to burdon you. I  hear around that you are the man to see if one wants to invest in to a new store. I have lots of money and I am ready to spend, if you know what I mean!~ GOTO Listentrick
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I am sorry to bother you. I will be on my way.~ GOTO Leave
END

CHAIN
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Listengold
Say ~Well, I might have time to listen to your proposal after all.~ Do ~SetGlobal("Businlokyr","LOCALS",1)~
== BLokyr
~This is only a small amount of money that you have recieved from us. There is much more money if you invest in my business. I come from Waterdeep and own trade corporation there. I want to extend my look outs down in Amn.`
== ARGRIM
~I see, but how much money would you need?~
== BLokyr
~Atleast 10,000 upfront and then some. The payback would be atleast double this amount. Plus my merchants can offer other services.`
== ARGRIM
~Other services? Go on...~
== BLokyr
~Protection, warehousing, just to name a few.~
== ARGRIM
~I am interested, but I cannot give you the space or money at this moment. One of my deals went sower.. wait.. Maybe you can help me out in my situation and I would lend you all the money you need.~
== BLokyr
~Tell us about your situation.~
== ARGRIM
~A man called Torvald, at the moment holds most of my belongs. If you could some how... make him... disappear. He has deed papers. If he is dead, he won't really need them anymore.~
END

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~we will see what we can do.~ EXIT
in my .tp2 file it has
COMPILE ~lokyrNPC\ARGRIMG.d~
when i try to install it gives me this error:
[/quote]WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~
InParty("Lokyr")
!StateCheck("Lokyr",STATE_SLEEPING)
Global("Businlokyr","LOCALS",0)
!Died(Lokyr)~: Not_found

[LokyrNPC\ARGRIM.d] PARSE ERROR at line 71 column 1-3
Near Text: SAY
syntax error

[LokyrNPC\ARGRIM.d] ERROR at line 71 column 1-3
Near Text: SAY
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [LokyrNPC\ARGRIM.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [LokyrNPC\ARGRIM.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.[/QUOTE]

I tried changing things around, but nothing seems to be working so far :( this modding thing is not as easy as it would seem... lol..(that is a joke...)

#33 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:59 PM

~This is only a small amount of money that you have recieved from us. There is much more money if you invest in my business. I come from Waterdeep and own trade corporation there. I want to extend my look outs down in Amn.`== ARGRIM
== BLokyr
~Atleast 10,000 upfront and then some. The payback would be atleast double this amount. Plus my merchants can offer other services.`

Note the red. Those should be tildes. "~".
I heavily recommend you get either Context, TextPad, or similar software that the community has made weidu-specific highlighters for. 99% of your headaches will vanish.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#34 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:12 PM

!Died(Lokyr)

Should be in qoutes (as in

!Died("Lokyr")

~CheckStatGT(Player1,18,CHR) OR(1) CheckStatGT(Player1,17,Int)~

View Post

Mind-boggling how that may be, you have to do
~OR(2) CheckStatGT(Player1,18,CHR) CheckStatGT(Player1,17,Int)~
to do ORs. Same way as MSExcel formulae.

#35 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:24 PM

Heh, I didn't even get to the code content. Those tildes are just too easy a fix. :P

#36 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:29 PM

Heh, I didn't even get to the code content. Those tildes are just too easy a fix. tongue.gif

hahaha!!! the best part about it(or sad part), i think no matter how many times i went over it... it wouldn't have found them...

Which is better contect or textpad

#37 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:34 PM

Heh, I didn't even get to the code content. Those tildes are just too easy a fix. tongue.gif

hahaha!!! the best part about it(or sad part), i think no matter how many times i went over it... it wouldn't have found them...

Which is better contect or textpad

View Post

It depends on your tastes. IIRC Context is free, and it has the largest following. (And I think it's highlighter is about 5 versions of weidu newer than my TextPad one.) However, I much prefer TextPad as Context seems to be a resource eater on my system. Others have reported no problems but I have serious ones with it. *shrug* There are also several others out there. If you are just sampling things, I'd say go with Context for now.

#38 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Heh, I didn't even get to the code content. Those tildes are just too easy a fix. :P

View Post

The Not_found was a dead giveout anyway :whistling:

I prefer to use ConTEXT http://fixedsys.com/context/, along with the custom highliters from WeiDU's site (http://www.weidu.org...T_idobek_v1.zip, http://www.weidu.org...hlighter-v7.zip and http://www.weidu.org...hlighter-v1.zip)

EDIT: Hlid beated me :rolleyes:

Edited by the bigg, 18 June 2005 - 07:36 PM.

#39 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for recommending ConText. i am going through and seeing alot of code that is wrong. hopefully I can fix the file by me self.

#40 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

I have fixed all the parse errors.. yes! but I have ran into an error that I have no seen before.

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [BLOKYR.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [LokyrNPC\BLokyr.d]: Failure("resource [BLOKYR.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.

I am guessing there is something wrong with my BLokyr.d. to install a Bxxx.d, do you do it different then just compile ~Bxxx.d~? At the moment my BLokyr is empty. Do i have to put something in it so it would link up the the CHAIN i have in the ARGRIM file.
My CHAIN if it would help fix the problem:
CHAIN ARGRIM Listengold
~Well, I might have time to listen to your proposal after all.~ DO ~SetGlobal("Businlokyr","AR1002",1)~
== BLokyr
~This is only a small amount of money that you have recieved from us. There is much more money if you invest in my business. I come from Waterdeep and own trade corporation there. I want to extend my look outs down in Amn.~
== ARGRIM
== BLokyr
~Atleast 10,000 upfront and then some. The payback would be atleast double this amount. Plus my merchants can offer other services.~
== ARGRIM
~Other services? Go on...~
== BLokyr
~Protection, warehousing, just to name a few.~
== ARGRIM
~I am interested, but I cannot give you the space or money at this moment. One of my deals went sower.. wait.. Maybe you can help me out in my situation and I would lend you all the money you need.~
== BLokyr
~Tell us about your situation.~
== ARGRIM
~A man called Torvald, at the moment holds most of my belongs. If you could some how... make him... disappear. He has deed papers. If he is dead, he won't really need them anymore.~
END