2. History
3. Installation
4. Walkthrough
5. Credits
6. FAQ
7. Changes

INTRODUCTION
++++++++++++

Since Horred the Plague had started merging the larger mods together to create Big Picture (BP), I have found a new reason to play a game that has been sitting on a shelf for several years. I did play TDD when it first came out but that by itself didn't keep me hooked on the game.

So as I keep playing and beta testing Horred's work, I then discovered the BGT mod. That really gave me a reason to go back and play the first game. Actually, I had to repurchase the game since I gave away my original copy (and ToSC).

With both packages now joined, I wanted to add something to the original game. There are plenty of mods for SOA or SOA/TOB (nothing for just TOB, hum...). I always like the first game but the games and additions in the second game just made BG1 too fustrating to play. Only recently have other modders added or enhanced the first game.

But the BGT-BP/BGT-NeJ-BP games don't work well with the mods designed for just BG1. So, I figured that the BGT-BP series needed a mod (NeJ is really an SOA mod). This is my first attempt.

As a first attempt, I decided to use a game that some of you may not remember. This is an adaptation of the original D&D game; L1 - The Secret of Bone Hill. You will find all the game information on Wizards of the Coast's website. Here is the link -

http://www.wizards.c...x=dnd/downloads

This mod now includes the D&D game, L2, The Assassin's Knot. It is the sequel to the L1 mod. The second mod is more of a murder mystery than a dungeon crawl.

The Tutu version was tested on Version 4, Fixpack 9, tweaks 11.

The BGT-BP version was tested on BGT-BP-NeJ with S&H patch 5.

Contact me at the forgotten wars forums if you have issues/problems.

HISTORY
+++++++

The mod takes place on the Isle of Lendore, near the town of Restenford. To get there, a wizard named Pelltar will show up at the Temple of Lathander in Chapter 4 (anytime after you finish the first mines before heading out for the bandit camp). He will send you there and bring you back once you help his town. Waiting too long to accept this quest will make the quest easier and less challenging. However, you must complete this quest before you enter Candlekeep.

The second part of the mod takes place after you exist the crypts of Candlekeep. You will meet Fabio or Pelltar. That person will ask you to go back to Restenford with them. If you decline, he leaves. You will not be able to do this quest later.

INSTALLATION
++++++++++++

It is in Weidu format. To install, unzip the zip file to your game folder and double-click on Setup-BoneHill.exe. To uninstall, double-click on Setup-BoneHill.exe again and select the Uninstall option.

The install has two parts. You have to install both to make this mod work. You can uninstall the first part later for patch updates. The second part only needs to be uninstalled if totally removing the mod.

WALKTHROUGH
+++++++++++

After you clear out the Naskel mines, go visit the Temple of Lathander. Pelltar will be there and ask you for help. Agree to help him and he will teleport the group to a new town. This is the town of Restenford. Explore the town and make sure you talk to people!

After talking to people, go exploring. There are several areas outside of town to investigate. The southern area may be the easiest to do. From there, work counter-clockwise.

There are several areas around town for you to explore. Make sure you have plenty of healing potions.

Talk to Pelltar about what you found and he will send you back to the temple when you are ready. There will be one more quest before you can leave though.

After exiting the Candlekeep mines, the second quest begins. You can accept this quest only at this time. Accepting the quest will send you back to Restenford to begin another adventure. This one takes place in the town of Garrotten.

A full walkthrough may be built later.

CREDITS
+++++++

Where do I begin?

Horred the Plague, Hlid, Vlad, Stone Wolf, Avenger, Ken and everyone on the TeamBG and PlagueZone forums that has answered my questions. Thanks also to Exnem for the helm, it saved me from having to build one. Special thanks to Chev for being my master beta tester.

Special thanks to King Diamond for fixing my tilesets that were so ugly. I never said I was a graphic artist!

I did pull several pictures from somewhere (long ago, don't remember). So if it is copyrighted and you are pissed, let me know, I can always get another picture.

F.A.Q.
++++++

1. If playing BGT-BP, you have to have BGT and BP installed. The Tutu version requires Tutu.

2. Every area has some of the BP "hardness" code added to it, so if you are a higher level character and/or playing at above Easy, you will get more enemies. In theory, this code should work with the BGT-BP version and the Tutu version.

3. I am very open to any recommendations on this. I realize there isn't much banter to this mod yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Other languages, etc.

4. BillyBob isn't even close to my name but it is a character I have used for years in the D&D worlds.

CHANGES
+++++++

0.1 Nothing yet. First release.
0.2 Fixed statue, added staff and sword to level 4. Fixed sword's dialog.
0.5 The full package. Beta version.
0.6 Patches for missing ARE files, dialog typos, usuall stuff.
0.7 Additional dialog fixes, locked down Fabio to leave party when you return to coast.
1.0 First full version.
1.1 First patch.
1.5 Tutu version.
1.6 Tutu area fixes.
1.7 Tutu fixes for scrips and some dialogs.
1.8 Cleaned up tilesets, fixed dialog loops and started the sequel mod.
1.9 Fixed dialog bugs in Assassin's Knot. Tutu and BGT-BP versions are now at same revision.

#2 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

Doesnt this thread need to be updated ?

(I mean, what about the compatibilty with BGT 1.0 WeiDu its stated in the others threads its ok but not there ;) ?)

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:08 PM

The Subject should be more informative, as well.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:11 PM

This is the version that is included with 2.02.

The Secret of Bone Hill
a mod For Baldur?s Gate II
Requires either BGT-Weidu or Tutu
VERSION 2.02
Sir BillyBob Production

1. Introduction
2. History
3. Installation
4. Walkthrough
5. Credits
6. FAQ
7. Changes

INTRODUCTION
++++++++++++

Since Horred the Plague had started merging the larger mods together to create Big Picture (BP), I have found a new reason to play a game that has been sitting on a shelf for several years. I did play TDD when it first came out but that by itself didn't keep me hooked on the game.

So as I keep playing and beta testing Horred's work, I then discovered the BGT mod. That really gave me a reason to go back and play the first game. Actually, I had to repurchase the game since I gave away my original copy (and ToSC).

With both packages now joined, I wanted to add something to the original game. There are plenty of mods for SOA or SOA/TOB (nothing for just TOB, hum...). I always like the first game but the games and additions in the second game just made BG1 too fustrating to play. Only recently have other modders added or enhanced the first game.

But the BGT-BP/BGT-NeJ-BP games don't work well with the mods designed for just BG1. So, I figured that the BGT-BP series needed a mod (NeJ is really an SOA mod). This is my first attempt.

As a first attempt, I decided to use a game that some of you may not remember. This is an adaptation of the original D&D game; L1 - The Secret of Bone Hill. Since then I have added the L2 mod to this package. I have also added a mini mod called The Hand of the Highwayman. You will find all the game information on Wizards of the Coast's website. Here is the link -

Contact me at the Spellhold Studios forum if you have issues/problems.

HISTORY
+++++++

The mod takes place on the Isle of Lendore, near the town of Restenford. To get there, a wizard named Pelltar will show up at the Temple of Lathander in Chapter 4 (anytime after you finish the first mines before heading out for the bandit camp). He will send you there and bring you back once you help his town. Waiting too long to accept this quest will make the quest easier and less challenging. However, you must complete this quest before you enter Candlekeep.

The second part of the mod takes place after you exit the crypts of Candlekeep. You will meet Fabio or Pelltar. That person will ask you to go back to Restenford with them. If you decline, he leaves. You will not be able to do this quest later.

INSTALLATION
++++++++++++

It is in Weidu format. To install, unzip the zip file to your game folder and double-click on Setup-BoneHill.exe. To uninstall, double-click on Setup-BoneHill.exe again and select the Uninstall option.

The install has two parts. You have to install both to make this mod work. You can uninstall the first part later for patch updates. The second part only needs to be uninstalled if totally removing the mod.

Because this mod adds new areas to the Worldmap, you need to install Yacomo's Worldmap mod after installing this mod. If you are also installing DSotSC, TDD, CtB, or SoS, install thoses mods before Yacomo's Worldmap mod.

WALKTHROUGH
+++++++++++

After you clear out the Naskel mines, go visit the Temple of Lathander. Pelltar will be there and ask you for help. Agree to help him and he will teleport the group to a new town. This is the town of Restenford. Explore the town and make sure you talk to people!

After talking to people, go exploring. There are several areas outside of town to investigate. The southern area may be the easiest to do. From there, work counter-clockwise.

There are several areas around town for you to explore. Make sure you have plenty of healing potions.

Talk to Pelltar about what you found and he will send you back to the temple when you are ready. There will be one more quest before you can leave though.

After exiting the Candlekeep mines, the second quest begins. You can accept this quest only at this time. Accepting the quest will send you back to Restenford to begin another adventure. This one takes place in the town of Garrotten.

CREDITS
+++++++

Where do I begin?

Horred the Plague, Hlid, Vlad, Stone Wolf, Avenger, Ken and everyone on the TeamBG and PlagueZone forums that has answered my questions. Thanks also to Exnem for the helm, it saved me from having to build one. Special thanks to Chev for being my master beta tester.

Special thanks to King Diamond for fixing my tilesets that were so ugly. I never said I was a graphic artist!

Thanks to Yacomo for the great map we use in BGT-BP and now in Tutu.

I did pull several pictures from somewhere (long ago, don't remember). So if it is copyrighted and you are pissed, let me know, I can always get another picture.

F.A.Q.
++++++

1. Yes, you have to have BGT-Weidu or Tutu installed.

2. Several areas has some of the BP "hardness" code added to it, so if you are a higher level character and/or playing at above Easy, you will get more enemies. In theory, this code should work with both the BGT version and the Tutu version.

3. I am very open to any recommendations on this. I realize there isn't much banter to this mod yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Other languages, etc.

4. This will install either the BGT-Weidu or the Tutu version based on what I find in your data directory. Not having the correct files of either mod will cause a failed install of this mod.

5. If you did not install Yacomo's Worldmap mod and you are playing Tutu, you will have problems moving between the areas of Restenford. You should not be seeing the older original BG map!

6. Installation of Yacomo's map requires you to restart your game. You may not see the changes to your worldmap otherwise!

CHANGES
+++++++

2.02 Fixed Mind Helm, Berserker, and added new AI scripts from Horred.
2.01 Fixed TP2 file to actually work with Tutu (sorry). Added future language translation
support. Fixed doorways in Restenford. Fixed music problems.
2.00 Updated packaging to install either Tutu or BGT versions.
1.95 Updated mod to work with BGT-Weidu. Doesn't work with older BGT-BP.
1.92 More script and dialog fixes. Closed several holes in the storyline of L2.
1.9 More dialog fixes, finished the L2 sequel.
1.0 First full version.
.7 Additional dialog fixes, locked down Fabio to leave party when you return to coast.
.6 Patches for missing ARE files, dialog typos, usuall stuff.
.5 The full package. Beta version.
.2 Fixed statue, added staff and sword to level 4. Fixed sword's dialog.
.1 Nothing yet. First release.

Attached Files

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

Updated for 2.06

The Secret of Bone Hill
VERSION 2.06
Sir BillyBob Production

1. Introduction
2. History
3. Installation
4. Walkthrough
5. Credits
6. FAQ
7. Changes

INTRODUCTION
++++++++++++

As a first attempt, I decided to use a game that some of you may not remember. This is an adaptation of the original D&D game; L1 - The Secret of Bone Hill. Since then I have added the L2 mod to this package. I have also added a mini mod called The Hand of the Highwayman. You will find all the game information on Wizards of the Coast's website. Here is the link -

HISTORY
+++++++

The second part of the mod takes place after you exit the crypts of Candlekeep. You will meet Fabio or Pelltar. That person will ask you to go back to Restenford with them. If you decline, he leaves. You will not be able to do this quest later.

INSTALLATION
++++++++++++

Because this mod adds new areas to the Worldmap, you need to install Yacomo's Worldmap mod after installing this mod. If you are also installing DSotSC, TDD, CtB, or SoS, install thoses mods before Yacomo's Worldmap mod.

WALKTHROUGH
+++++++++++

CREDITS
+++++++

Where do I begin?

F.A.Q.
++++++

2. Several areas has some of the BP "hardness" code added to it, so if you are a higher level character and/or playing at above Easy, you will get more enemies. In theory, this code should work with both the BGT version and the Tutu version.

4. This will install either the BGT-Weidu or the Tutu version based on what I find in your data directory. Not having the correct files of either mod will cause a failed install of this mod.

5. If you did not install Yacomo's Worldmap mod and you are playing Tutu, you will have problems moving between the areas of Restenford. You should not be seeing the older original BG map!

6. Installation of Yacomo's map requires you to restart your game. You may not see the changes to your worldmap otherwise!

CHANGES
+++++++

2.06 Minor fixes during install. Support for Weidu 1.99 and BGT 1.04
2.05 Contains fixes from King Diamond. Supports Worldmap v6.
2.01 Fixed TP2 file to actually work with Tutu (sorry). Added future language translation
1.0 First full version.
.7 Additional dialog fixes, locked down Fabio to leave party when you return to coast.

Attached Files

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#6 -Grimwald-

-Grimwald-

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

Updated for 2.06

The Secret of Bone Hill
VERSION 2.06
Sir BillyBob Production

1. Introduction
2. History
3. Installation
4. Walkthrough
5. Credits
6. FAQ
7. Changes

INTRODUCTION
++++++++++++

HISTORY
+++++++

INSTALLATION
++++++++++++

WALKTHROUGH
+++++++++++

CREDITS
+++++++

Where do I begin?

F.A.Q.
++++++

CHANGES
+++++++

1.0 First full version.

Am I correct in assuming that it is not compatible with EE?

#7 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:00 AM

Updated for 2.06

The Secret of Bone Hill
VERSION 2.06
Sir BillyBob Production

1. Introduction
2. History
3. Installation
4. Walkthrough
5. Credits
6. FAQ
7. Changes

INTRODUCTION
++++++++++++

HISTORY
+++++++

INSTALLATION
++++++++++++

WALKTHROUGH
+++++++++++

CREDITS
+++++++

Where do I begin?

F.A.Q.
++++++

CHANGES
+++++++

1.0 First full version.

Am I correct in assuming that it is not compatible with EE?

You are correct. There was an announcement for an EE/EET compatible version some time ago - but the modder to provide it has since disappeared and there is no news about it.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*