• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

Hi there folks -- visit the mod website for the latest version of LR with bug fixes to the looping dialogs -- we did our best , but it needs testing. Also, a new tip was added to the Deva quest -- you should see a note pointing you to the last item location.

Neb also designed a devious way to check for too many songs in the SongList file and alter the install. Hopefully this will help for better compatibility with BP.

Please report us all the bugs and installation problems so we can do more fixes.

In the mean time -- the next version will most likely have the new spells and weakened Irenicus creature.

Cheers and thank you all for your help!

Edited by dorotea, 19 June 2005 - 02:02 PM.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:56 AM

In the mean time -- the next version will most likely have the new spells and weakened Irenicus creature.

I'm looking forward to it - feel free to contact me Dorotea if you need any additional help or correction with the files. ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:29 AM

You now have a new mirror for this and Redemption. Sorry I thought I got this up and running much earlier.

http://dragonshoard....et/download.php

#4 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:32 AM

Grr. logged out. Feel free to delete/move this post to somewhere more appropriate.
Live Free Or Die

#5 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:48 AM

LRAERIE.tra still has an invalid token in v1.5:

@65 = ~I... I wanted to know, if back then... when you had... <CHARNAME>'s soul could you... if when you had <his/her> soul you could experience the full scale of <CHARNAME>'s feelings... towards me, I mean... the way you can feel them now?~

(there's an ugly rumor that Dorotea has me on mechanical ignore and, as such, may never see this message, so one of you faithful followers may wish to repeat this to her to be sure she gets it.)

#6 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:55 AM

Also, LRSENABA:

@58 = ~Nasty <PRO_BOYGIRL> <CHARNAME>, what have you done? The Evil One is leering wickedly at us! Now he is going to become stronger than ever! Boo is trembling with righteous fury and he is telling me to CHAAAARGE!~

My reference tells me it's PRO_GIRLBOY only.

#7 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:09 PM

-- You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

But seriously, Jason, what are you doing here, in this forum? :blink:

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#8 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:00 PM

You'd rather I report your broken dialogue tokens on the Mod Ideas forum?

#9 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:19 PM

No, I am just curious, honest. There are over 300 mods listed on PP. Do you generally go out of your way to look for broken dialog tokens for every one of them? How am I so special that you spend 2 years on making my life miserable, and bashing LR at every forum out there, and then go out of your way to look for my bugs? It is a bit... illogical. And I like to understand people's logic before making up my mind. So, I am puzzled. Why are you doing this? :wacko:

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#10 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:04 AM

So, I am puzzled. Why are you doing this?  :wacko:

View Post

Through powers of divination I have concluded that this is a case of superiority complex. ;)

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#11 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:42 AM

Yes, but whose?

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#12 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:45 PM

The person who pointed out the invalid dialog tokens. ;)

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#13 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:50 PM

Remind me never to post bug reports here.

#14 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:05 PM

*cough*
Please report us all the bugs and installation problems so we can do more fixes.
*cough*
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#15 Slayne

Slayne
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:34 PM

*cough*
*cough*

View Post

NEVER!

#16 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:05 PM

Please remind me when was the last time you reported a bug here? ;)

Besides, jcompton and I go waay , back mdear, and you have to try really hard to get this kind of reaction out of me. He did.

And I mean REALLY hard. Like months of organized campaign at every forum remotely related to BG modding.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#17 Azrael

Azrael
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:23 PM

Having recently just completed Longer Road, I find it sad that jcompton should focus on a invalid token rather than the mod itself. Despite Dorotea's claim you must campaign for several months to annoy her, I think the creator's of Longer Road are not recieving the credit they are due.

Even Bitter Grey Ashes has been a success since I read it (having recently read Dragonlance with Raistlin again - what can I say I enjoy it) it good to see Irenicus's view point and his arguments for particular subjects including his past life.

Dorotea and the time taken by others for Longer Road, Ascension and other mods are for the enjoyment of everyone.

I hope this goofball hasn't swayed modders to continue - especially since I can't wait to see Dorotea's 'custom spells' in action. The Haunted Reverie was good to read and it also makes what happens in the next chapter all the more important - Irenicus's reaction (or Joneleth's reaction - I like the evil Irenicus demeanorbetter than Joneleth for now - more cold ruthlessness involved)

I hope this one view point outweighs jcompton's view point - all the hard work done by Dorotea and others are appreciated and admired B)

#18 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:31 PM

Having recently just completed Longer Road, I find it sad that jcompton should focus on a invalid token rather than the mod itself.

If you read a bit more carefully you might note that she doesn't really like it when I focus on the mod itself.

As for the troubled, tortured logic of the situation, the fact is that I do tend to look at most of the mods released from time to time, and you already know I'd tried to play it. If I see more mistakes, I point them out.

Now, back to Azrael's rally of support!

#19 Azrael

Azrael
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:57 PM

There are few things I enjoy - food, drink (and why not - I'd be dead without them)but also something interesting - this mod was interesting to say the least.

And I also must apologize for calling you a goofball - haven't swore in years so I guess ruins my track record, I just dislike pointing a person's error especially when so much has been put into the Longer Road and other projects.

In Neverwinter Nights, if I saw a mistake, rare though it was, I'd just go in and fix them or replace certain game aspects with another. But in BG2 - I tried it with the Mercenary of Riatavin in the Bridge District and for some reason they all got a tan so I stopped tweaking :blink:

#20 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:58 PM

Just go away Jason. Shoo on you.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes