Photo

Useful Enchantments

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Panda BladeMaster

Panda BladeMaster
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:08 PM

I'm curious to see the enchanments that people imbue on their items. They can be any type like target, touch or constant. Just pick out any one and post it here.

#2 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:31 PM

I like to use the Enchant Mod, which encreases the maximum amount you can enchant on the various armous and items of clothing, then get a whole lot of Sanctuary put permanently on them ;) If you can get enough dough then this is more or less a legitimate god-mode.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:15 AM

I like to use trick enchants ie. I'll enchant armor to give permanent strenght, but instead of the sole number I want ( ie. 20-20 strenght, which also costs more), I use something like 1-37 ( that's cheaper too). Then just re-equip as many times as needed to get the high strenght score.

#4 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

I like to use the Enchant Mod, which encreases the maximum amount you can enchant on the various armous and items of clothing, then get a whole lot of Sanctuary put permanently on them ;) If you can get enough dough then this is more or less a legitimate god-mode.

View Post

It is possible to achieve 100 Sanctuary (or 100 Chameleon) without mods. :thumb:
You do need a lot of Exquisite Clothing though. (Note: Sanctuary doesn't work against sneak attacks, so make sure you don't get flanked)

Currently, I am experimenting with Atronach Sign's 50% Spell Absorption in conjuction with Trebonius' Necromancer Amulet (75% Spell Absorption) then inching it up to 100 with various expensive enchantments.

Though the most useful enchantment in my opinion is the Ring of Constant Regeneration (on an Exquisite Ring):

Constant Effect:
4 to 5 Restore Fatigue
2 Restore Health

You almost never run out of fatigue and rarely need Health Potions. ^_^

#5 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:25 AM

Constant Effect:
4 to 5 Restore Fatigue
2 Restore Health

You almost never run out of fatigue and rarely need Health Potions.  ^_^

View Post

Yeah I have a similar thing, restore 1 of every attribute every second, and theres enough room for a +1 health per second too. It doesnt cost much, and its really helpful to equip when your stats get drained (and it also removes the negatives that heavy armour puts on too ;))
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#6 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:28 AM

I made a simple ring that makes my character constantly invisible. Very useful. This is in a totaly unmodded game with no editing. Just need to get Azura's Star and kill Vivec or Almalexia.

#7 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:46 AM

I made a simple ring that makes my character constantly invisible. Very useful. This is in a totaly unmodded game with no editing. Just need to get Azura's Star and kill Vivec or Almalexia.

View Post

Any greater soul (Storm Atronarch, Dremodra, Golden Saint, etc.) would suffice to make such an enchantment (Constant Effect: Invisible) as it only cost 100 enchantment points.

Unfortunately, the invisible effect would be dispelled the moment you attack, cast a spell, talk to a creature, activate an item using the space bar, or equip another item that has a constant effect. Then you need to unequip and re-equip the ring to reactivate invisibility.

The only way to maintain constant invisibility is through the Chameleon effect.

Though your ring of "Constant Invisibility" does make a good tool for scouting, and for a quick escape. :)

#8 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

In recon mission...shush!!

• 429 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 12:31 AM

Mostly I'm investing on handy CE stuff like resist magicka or fortify strenght. I make the CE amount firm, for example 10 % resist magicka because I like to change armor and weapons a lot and hate to do that re-equip thing to get the biggest CE. Of course, that means that for example CE 100% resist magicka which I'd like to have isn't so easy to achieve, especially now that I have a Dunmer sorceress who doesn't like Savior's Hide...XD And she hates bonelords and other attribute-draining baddies even more, so yes, full MR is essential. ;)

IMO CE chameleon is one of the most useful enchantments in the game if you want to be unnoticed. I'm using a belt with 40-88% CE chameleon which game with a mod (Lost Heir IIRC). With 80% chameleon you can go anywhere you please without anyone noticing (well, almost: the spriggans saw me even with the highest CE chameleon).

Fortify strenght is good too if you want to drag full armoire and makeup wih you like me (wish I had that effect in RL!). :D

Enchantment mod which Tom mentioned has proved to be really nice for my char, although it makes some of the original stuff overpowered IMO. Another great enchantment mod is Magical Trinkets of Tamriel vol. 3 which adds ioun stones, threads, emblems and lots of other, useful and not so useful stuff to the game. Most have CE effects. My favourite is the Jagastone, which can be feeded with other ioun stones and thus it gains their power... :devil:
*Frak Ferrari. Frak Porsche. Give me Nimbus 2000. Or a levitate spell.*

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#9 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:27 PM

Mostly I'm investing on handy CE stuff like resist magicka or fortify strenght. I make the CE amount firm, for example 10 % resist magicka because I like to change armor and weapons a lot and hate to do that re-equip thing to get the biggest CE. Of course, that means that for example CE 100% resist magicka which I'd like to have isn't so easy to achieve, especially now that I have a Dunmer sorceress who doesn't like Savior's Hide...XD And she hates bonelords and other attribute-draining baddies even more, so yes, full MR is essential. ;)

View Post

I'm not certain why you would shun the Savior's Hide, but if you do the Temple quests you get the Ebony Mail which gives 20% Magicka Resistance, though there are no Medium Armor Master Trainers [you can train up to 100 in Light Armor for Savior's Hide] to my knowledge with whom you can train to get the most out of the Ebony Mail.

You can get an additional 20% Magicka Resistance from the Ring of Phynaster located in one of the remote dungeons in the northern part of Morrowind. Giving you 40% Magicka Resistance with the Ebony Mail, and 80% with the Savior's Hide.
From then on getting 100% Magicka resistance is only a matter of enchanting a few items.

Of course, Orcs and Bretons get a respective 25% and 50% natural magicka resistance. :devil:

#10 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:00 AM

I think Bethesda forgot to put in the medium armour master trainer, she can be found in the CS - her name is Cinia Urtius.
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#11 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:50 PM

View Post

I'm not certain why you would shun the Savior's Hide, but if you do the Temple quests you get the Ebony Mail which gives 20% Magicka Resistance, though there are no Medium Armor Master Trainers [you can train up to 100 in Light Armor for Savior's Hide] to my knowledge with whom you can train to get the most out of the Ebony Mail.

You can get an additional 20% Magicka Resistance from the Ring of Phynaster located in one of the remote dungeons in the northern part of Morrowind. Giving you 40% Magicka Resistance with the Ebony Mail, and 80% with the Savior's Hide.
From then on getting 100% Magicka resistance is only a matter of enchanting a few items.

Of course, Orcs and Bretons get a respective 25% and 50% natural magicka resistance. :devil:

View Post

Well I always thought that Savior's Hide was quite ugly, that's why I'm looking for alternatives... Ebony Mail is IMO the best armor in the game which I've had with every character, until now that is. Wearing same stuff all over again is getting boring, so I got the best I've found so far; I've had 90% MR by enchanting MQB light armor and cape with 20% each, Daedric shield with 20% and using them along with Phynaster and 10% MR of an ioun stone. I know that I could easily get that missing 10% by enchanting an exquisite ring or amulet but that would mean I'd have to take off my other powerfull stuff (Necromancer's amulet and battle ring from MTT3)! Too bad that characters can use only one ring in each hand...:P

edit: typos...

Edited by minnamaarit, 27 July 2005 - 10:52 PM.

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#12 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:11 AM

Well I always thought that Savior's Hide was quite ugly, that's why I'm looking for alternatives... Ebony Mail is IMO the best armor in the game which I've had with every character, until now that is. Wearing same stuff all over again is getting boring, so I got the best I've found so far; I've had 90% MR by enchanting  MQB light armor and cape with 20% each, Daedric shield with 20% and using them along with Phynaster and 10% MR of an ioun stone. I know that I could easily get that missing 10% by enchanting an exquisite ring or amulet but that would mean I'd have to take off my other powerfull stuff (Necromancer's amulet and battle ring from MTT3)!  Too bad that characters can use only one ring in each hand...:P

edit: typos...

View Post

What about clothing? You can wear both armor and clothing at the same time and exquisite clothing can hold a significant amount of enchantment even unmodded. You can wear a shirt, a pair of pants, a skirt, two gloves (if not wearing gauntlets), and a robe simultaneously.
And men can wear skirts :naughty: err... kilts! I meant kilts. :D
(Though I don't people wear anything underneath their kilts, :blink: okay I'm gone. :whistling: )

#13 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:13 PM

What about clothing? You can wear both armor and clothing at the same time and exquisite clothing can hold a significant amount of enchantment even unmodded. You can wear a shirt, a pair of pants, a skirt, two gloves (if not wearing gauntlets), and a robe simultaneously.
And men can wear skirts :naughty:  err... kilts! I meant kilts.  :D
(Though I don't people wear anything underneath their kilts,  :blink:  okay I'm gone.  :whistling: )

View Post

I've thought about that too and have some original unique clothes (like Mara's shirt with 10% MR) but every time I try to mix original clothes with my mod armor, I look like a clown! All good looking clothes in the game seem to have crap enchantment points. But then, I could enchant a cool robe and cover that colour horror. Or wear everything and forget the style. :D

Erm, back to the topic again, do you think CE levitation is useful? When I started my first game with Morrowind, CE levitation was the first enchantment I bought, because I thought it would be cool to levitate everywhere. It wasn't that fast, maybe 9 pt but with Boots of Blinding Speed I literally flew through the game as I rarely took that enchanted shield off. Good thing I came to my senses after that. :wacko: CE levitation is handy with long distances on occations but try to levitate in crowded doorways!

CE Water Breathing is useful, if you want to search all grottoes or kill all slaughterfishes. And if you get 20-30 of Night Eye too, you can see where you're swimming! ;)

Posted Image

#14 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:58 PM

Erm, back to the topic again, do you think CE levitation is useful? When I started my first game with Morrowind, CE levitation was the first enchantment I bought, because I thought it would be cool to levitate everywhere. It wasn't that fast, maybe 9 pt but with Boots of Blinding Speed I literally flew through the game as I rarely took that enchanted shield off. Good thing I came to my senses after that. :wacko: CE levitation is handy with long distances on occations but try to levitate in crowded doorways!

CE Water Breathing is useful, if you want to search all grottoes or kill all slaughterfishes. And if you get 20-30 of Night Eye too, you can see where you're swimming! ;)

View Post

With 100%+ MR the Boots of Blinding Speed don't blind, giving you a pretty good 200 Speed Boost with no penalty. Note that the blinding effect is only active when the boots are put on. So you can boost your MR with potions and spells, put on the boots and enjoy the benefit of sight even when the MR effects wear off. As for levitation, I find it extremely useful outdoors, as it allows you to snipe with a ranged weapon at lesser creatures from a safe and unreachable distance (especially useful against corprus creatures and daedra that can't cast spells such as the ogrim). :Poke:

Personally I find Constant Effect Water Breathing to be of little use since the constant 2 Restore Health of my Ring of Constant Regeneration easily offset the loss of Health due to drowning. :coolthumb:

#15 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:41 AM

Personally I find Constant Effect Water Breathing to be of little use since the constant 2 Restore Health of my Ring of Constant Regeneration easily offset the loss of Health due to drowning.  :coolthumb:

View Post

Doesn't the damage "blinking" bother you? I hated it already when my char was a vampire and got sundamage. Usually travelling at night time is no problem at all but in that game I had Giants Ultimate and Wilderness II installed and boy, did they make a night really creepy! :ninja: So, sometimes I rather travelled daytime and suffered the damage (and became a real blinking hater!!) than exposed myself to imps, wild vampires and phantasms.

Posted Image

#16 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

Personally I find Constant Effect Water Breathing to be of little use since the constant 2 Restore Health of my Ring of Constant Regeneration easily offset the loss of Health due to drowning.  :coolthumb:

View Post

Doesn't the damage "blinking" bother you? I hated it already when my char was a vampire and got sundamage. Usually travelling at night time is no problem at all but in that game I had Giants Ultimate and Wilderness II installed and boy, did they make a night really creepy! :ninja: So, sometimes I rather travelled daytime and suffered the damage (and became a real blinking hater!!) than exposed myself to imps, wild vampires and phantasms.

View Post

Since the constant damage occurs only when swimming, it really isn't such a bother, the color of the water offsets the red blinking. :P

You have quite a bit of time to simply drink a widely available potion or cast a common spell to prevent vampirism. Why become a vampire in the first place then install a mod that made night travel/adventuring a total pain? :huh:

Something tells me you are a masochist. :new_bottom:

On topic, speaking of constant damage, I've found one of the ultimate killing combos (if not the ultimate killing combo):
Class: Breton (50% Magicka Resistance)

Items:
Savior's Hide (60% Magika Resistance)
Black Hand Dagger (Obtain from Morag Tong quest, constant health absorption)
Boots of Blinding Speed (+200 Speed)
Ring of Constant Regeneration (Constant 2 Restore Health, 4-5 Restore Fatigue)
Ring of Invisibility (Constant Invisibility [not Chameleon])

110% Magicka Resistance allows our Breton to wear the Boots of Blinding Speed without being blinded, the +200 Speed allows him/her to outrun anything in Morrowind, the Ring of Constant Regeneration allow him/her to continue running indefinitely, and the Ring of Invisibility allow him/her to hide in the off chance the corridor is too narrow to run through or there is no place to run.

The beauty of this combo is that the Black Hand Dagger continues to drain up to 600 points health after the initial strike (much like the Wounding effect in AD&D), so one strike is enough to down anything except the strongest Daggoths. And since Absorb Health Effect is of the Mysticism school it can't be reflected by Daedra (no more having your 100 Fire Damage reflected :devil: ).

So the tactic: just equip everything except the Ring of Invisibility (the invisibility effect gets cancelled when you strike), run through hordes of enemies strike one and continue running, rinse and repeat, armies will fall behind you like the stock market after the CEO and his/her cronies sell their shares. :woot:

#17 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

Something tells me you are a masochist.  :new_bottom:

LOL Well you may be right... :P Seriously, IMO becoming vampire is just something not to be skipped; it brings you experience, some cool quests and items and Eltonbrand, of course. Same thing with werevolves. Without them, it feels like I'm not getting the full 100% of the game. How long the state lasts is up to my characters however. With some I just get the desease, do the quests and get the cure, whereas some like their new fanged friends...;)

What comes to those mods, well I knew it would bring lots of new enemies and challenge but obviously my "lot" differs from PumaMan's, lol. I still enjoyed it and would have continued using it, but in the end it was my PC which didn't like it anymore. I'll install it again later when I get more power to this machine.

I had quite similar killing combo like yours with my second character. She was a Breton with 100% MR and constant restore fatique/health but she used chameleon. It was fun for a while but I didn't use any mods back then so she became overpowerfull quite fast. Where's the fun if you an run through the game and kill everyone with a single blow?

Posted Image

#18 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:30 AM

didn't notice this thread...

exquisite collection of clothing with constant effect jump...you can easily reach over 50, which allows you to jump from balmora to ghostgate in about 3-6 jumps...add an item with ONE point of slowfall, and you will never be hurt.

blink sword or axe...100% chameleon on wielder for 1 second when strikes...pull back, for about 2 seconds, and let go...the weapon will always do quadruple sneak attack damage... :devil:

damage strength per strike dagger...with several good hits, they can't even move, so you can torture them or experiment with your latest spell creations...

ring of telekinesis...it takes a bit of practice, but you can pick locks many yards away from your target, completely out of sight of any guards. :devil:

exquisite collection of clothing with constant effect sanctuary...never fear physical attack

ring of dispell...1 point of constant effect dispell will stop ALL poison or duration spells cast at you. just remember to take it off when you're using spells to enhance yourself. reduces effect of constant effect items, but really a life saver in various places. :devil: :devil: :devil: :coolthumb:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#19 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:58 PM

ring of dispell...1 point of constant effect dispell will stop ALL poison or duration spells cast at you. just remember to take it off when you're using spells to enhance yourself.  reduces effect of constant effect items, but really a life saver in various places. :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :coolthumb:

Would that work against fire/shock/frost damage as well? That kind of ring might come handy against that nasty nasty thing at Firemoth... ^_^

Posted Image

#20 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

ring of dispell...1 point of constant effect dispell will stop ALL poison or duration spells cast at you. just remember to take it off when you're using spells to enhance yourself.  reduces effect of constant effect items, but really a life saver in various places. :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :coolthumb:

Would that work against fire/shock/frost damage as well? That kind of ring might come handy against that nasty nasty thing at Firemoth... ^_^

View Post

it will block any spells that do damage over duration... you will take the initial damage, but the damage over x seconds is completely blocked. it will also blunt some to most of the initial damage. :devil:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...