Photo

Spellhold Studios Grand Opening!

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:23 PM

I like the new color scheme, but I would like to see a slightly more fantasy like banner. An open competition perhaps when you would have time for beautifying the site?

#22 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:53 PM

For Rogue Rebalancing, you should PM aVENGER over at Mistress' Lair (as I think he's still around there a bit).
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#23 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:25 PM

There was an announcement of the move over at the old domain, but it was apparently removed by the Telefragged administration.

As has already been said, a selection of different skins will eventually be made available  - probably including one reminiscent of the old design.

View Post

Oh, I hope. This design is surely making my head hurt. And is it just me, or are alot of the smiley links dead? They work, but the picture isn't there.

And I just noticed the banner. What's with the crown on top of the S?

Edited by discharger12, 27 June 2005 - 02:26 PM.

Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#24 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:29 PM

1. Work on the contrast, the forum titles page and topic headings are almost impossible to make out in the mass of colour.

2. Stop making the forum open in a new tab/window. If I want it in a new tab/window I'll damn well open it in a new tab/window. I hate sites that think they know best how I should browse.

#25 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:43 PM

1. Work on the contrast, the forum titles page and topic headings are almost impossible to make out in the mass of colour.

We'll get there. :)

2. Stop making the forum open in a new tab/window.  If I want it in a new tab/window I'll damn well open it in a new tab/window.  I hate sites that think they know best how I should browse.

Um, that's not my doing. Where is that? Inside the forum or on the main site?

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#26 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:50 PM

View Post

Main site, he said before (on my PC the forum works as FW in this regard).

However, when the main site links to a page with a different subdomain (www.spellholdstudios.net linking to wiki.spellholdstudios.net or to www.shsforums.net) it links
<a href="http://www.shsforums.net" target=_blank>
causing the page to spawn in a new window (or, depending on settings and browser, a new tab)
Sadly, I believe this is software-induced rather than user-induced.

Try searching Firefox's extension page for something that doesn't respect the site writer's _blank target - I'm sure somebody has already written one ;)

Edited by the bigg, 27 June 2005 - 02:52 PM.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#27 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:58 PM

Main site, he said before (on my PC the forum works as FW in this regard).

However, when the main site links to a page with a different subdomain (www.spellholdstudios.net linking to wiki.spellholdstudios.net or to www.shsforums.net) it links
<a href="http://www.shsforums.net" target=_blank>
causing the page to spawn in a new window (or, depending on settings and browser, a new tab)
Sadly, I believe this is software-induced rather than user-induced.

Try searching Firefox's extension page for something that doesn't respect the site writer's _blank target - I'm sure somebody has already written one ;)

Okay, well. I'll write "remove target='_blank'" on my todo-list, but make no promises to when this will be done.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#28 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:25 PM

Congratulations on the new site!! :)

Ummm... It could be my poor eyesight but I can't see 'Corthala Romantique' listed. Any news on it, has it moved or should I put my glasses on and look again? :unsure:

*edited for spelling*

Edited by KIrving, 27 June 2005 - 04:01 PM.

"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#29 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

Congratulations on the new site!! :)

Thank you! :)

Ummm... It could be my poor eyesite but I can't see 'Corthala Romantique' listed.  Any news on it, has it moved or should I put my glasses on and look again?  :unsure:

Unfortunately, Ashara decided she didn't want FW/SHS to host Corthala Romantique anymore. :(

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#30 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:54 PM

Congrats indeed. I've not really been following the ongoing debate (it all goes a bit over my head) but it's nice to see things back in action. As for the requested new colour schemes: let me add my vote (I know, it's being worked on).

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#31 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

Unfortunately, Ashara decided she didn't want FW/SHS to host Corthala Romantique anymore. :(

View Post

Thanks for the quick response SConrad. :) I hope I will find where Corthala has moved to soon then.
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#32 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:11 PM

Right now Ashara has "pulled a Ghreyfain", and removed the forum until the mod is in a more complete state. When that time comes, it's likely she'll either move back here, or to G3 (since that's where her other mods are hosted).

#33 Qualidor

Qualidor
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

Is that to say the current version of the mod will be unavailable? That would be unfortunate but understandable.

Also, congratulations on the new forums guys. Looking good!

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:14 PM

Congrats Seb & Team for the new site!

#35 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:56 PM

Indeed, congratulations to all of you, I'm glad we are finally here! :)

(As for the forum design, I fullheartedly agree with Quitch and the others - the current design is just, well, below the standards of the old one. :D The same thing goes for the logo, but hey, we just arrived recently! Take your time on everything that needs to be fixed, but don't forget to return to the site design as soon as possible. And I suggest an open discussion, for example a poll to choose between 2-3 possible skins.)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#36 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:25 AM

sconrad, hlid, and everyone else involved in the move: nice work. there was a lot less downtime than i was expecting, so i'm guessing there's been an awful lot of hard work going on in the background. cheers!

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#37 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:13 AM

Actually I want to contradict those who dislike the colours and the basic design as I think it has a sleek,well-balanced charm and the header has something stately and towering (though it reminds me more of a cathedral or the Radiant Heart HQ). This should not keep you from introducing a couple of skins for the boards in the future. ;)
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#38 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:10 AM

I appologize for pulling Greyfein, but my reasons are very simple. Beyshaliban, who was a true inspiration and driving force behind this mod (not to mention a friend as well) has wonderful things happening in her real life - and I am happy for her. But that unfortunately also leaves her no time to work on the mod. I am overloaded with other commitments as well.

Still, I do not think I had a single day without doing at least one written line, at least one coded state for one mod or another for the last 2 years or so. I am working on Corthala Romantic SoA/ToB and I will try to finish and host it ASAP. When that happens I will announce it immediately :)

#39 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:38 AM

Ashara is a bit of a perfectionist. If you doubt me play one of her mods that was released when she was fully ready for it to be released. You will see the quality.

As for the clor scheme, I think CoM got it perfect with their new board. Loads fast, and it is easy on the eyes.

And for the record, I kinda like the current color scheme too.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 28 June 2005 - 06:39 AM.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#40 -Bons-

-Bons-

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

I like this color scheme. I've no trouble reading the site whatsoever, and it makes a pleasant change from blue. The range of reactions is probably not just personal taste, but also the relative monitors on which they are viewing the site. Skins will be a practical addition, but I won't be changing my settings. I think this color scheme makes the site distinctive, and in a pleasant way.

The only thing I don't like is the logo, which is, of course, only temporary. The background of the logo is cool. The buildings imply a foundation, an establishment, and they have and elegant and serious feel. It would be neat if that remained a part of the theme. The lettering doesn't really match the elegance of the architecture, and the crown on top just makes it look affected and cartoonish. Is the 'S' really a symbol of something? It reminds me of astrological signs.