Query: How to fix HK47

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 -The_Swordalizer-

-The_Swordalizer-

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

I was playing through KOTOR for a while before I got bored of the combat and went back to playing BG2. I think I had 3 or 4 pieces of the star map. Anyway, I'm thinking of finishing it off, but my PC has 0 repair skill and I would like to repair everyones favourite droid to see what extra dialogue/quests become available. Is it possible? Is the extra stuff worth it?

#2 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:38 AM

He gets more powerful, better Defence etc. :). Still, you can never get everything, and if you don't already have some repair skill, it may not be worth it ;).

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:19 PM

If you can put a few points on repair with one level up and use force and items to boost intelligence and repair, it could work.

#4 Torn

Torn
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:29 PM

And doesn't he get fully repaired at the Leviathan anyway?

#5 Lanky

Lanky
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

And doesn't he get fully repaired at the Leviathan anyway?

View Post

No he has a build in something which he rembers things from b4. but u miss out on all the info and defnce stuff

#6 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:57 PM

and his attitude and outlook on life, the universe and terminating meatbags...

hk-47 :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:45 PM

and his attitude and outlook on life, the universe and terminating meatbags...

hk-47 :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

Speaking of HK, does anyone feel like they're going to add him to the 3rd game as well? I'd say yes, he's so damn popular... a true idol to look up to! :fish: :lol:

#8 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:51 PM

I hope they won't. I liked him more in the first game, and don't expect the third game to improve him much from the second.

Besides, it's always fun to have new characters to get to know... ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:42 AM

I hope they won't. I liked him more in the first game, and don't expect the third game to improve him much from the second.

Besides, it's always fun to have new characters to get to know... ;)

Agreed on that, if it's like: "It's either this new NPC or HK", I'd take the new one as well, variety is a good thing (usually ;) ).

#10 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:52 AM

I just hope they'll fully develop the characters this time, something they were unable to in TSL. NPC's like Atton, for example, showed so much promise, but it never worked out in the end. :(

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:05 AM

I just hope they'll fully develop the characters this time, something they were unable to in TSL. NPC's like Atton, for example, showed so much promise, but it never worked out in the end. :(

True, but we have to remember that TSL was well from being ready... I don't think they'll make the same mistake twice. If they do, KotOR III is just the average SW game...

#12 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:59 PM

Actually, Atton wasn't supposed to be fully developed since he was added at the last minute. :P

I'm Atton. I actually wasn't supposed to make it into the final game, but I was created at the last minute. Blame my agent. I was actually slated for a spin-off to Jedi Knight, but I don't want to talk about what happened there.

#13 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:14 PM

Heh, cool, I didn't know that. I believe it was my favourite character in TSL, and possibly even the favourite of both KotOR games.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:42 AM

Hmm... somehow Atton was like Carth in KotOR 1... well, I liked Carth better anyhow.

#15 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:54 AM

Hmm... somehow Atton was like Carth in KotOR 1... well, I liked Carth better anyhow.

Yea... They were both identically hard at first, but in time subdued to Revan/The Exile. I like Carth, but think of Atton as more or less of a copy, the only difference being his shady past.

I like HK-47 and Mission much better.

Edited by Grunker, 21 November 2005 - 05:55 AM.

"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:19 AM

Yea... They were both identically hard at first, but in time subdued to Revan/The Exile. I like Carth, but think of Atton as more or less of a copy, the only difference being his shady past.

I think it's a tradition to have one locked-up character who has had some bads in his past, and blah blah... and then they either betray the main character or become the most loyal ally.

#17 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:06 PM

I think it's a tradition to have one locked-up character who has had some bads in his past, and blah blah... and then they either betray the main character or become the most loyal ally.

I know, but let me explain better:

Atton and Carth seemed as the regular badpast types: Hard, difficult to read and so on. Carth presented us with something new when it turned out he was a whiner! Yes sir, a whiner! He almost cried... When Atton followed the exact same process, I mean, not exactly original was it?
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#18 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:26 PM

Atton and Carth seemed as the regular badpast types: Hard, difficult to read and so on. Carth presented us with something new when it turned out he was a whiner! Yes sir, a whiner! He almost cried... When Atton followed the exact same process, I mean, not exactly original was it?

Rhetorical Question: Did I not inform you that my previous masters surrounded themselves with whiny, simpering meatbag allies?
Reiteration: Oh, yes. My master had quite the collection of tortured individuals that seemed unable to confront their basic personality conflicts. Let me cite some specific examples.
Mockery: "Oh, master, I do not trust you! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!"
Mockery: "switch the face of the +1/-1 card, the totals are nine-ten. Switch the face of the +2/-2 card, the total is eight-eleven. Switch... girls or pazaak, pazaak or girls? Oh WHY must life's decision be so DIFFIC- Are you an angel?"

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:39 AM

I know, but let me explain better:

No, that wasn't original at all. But as stated earlier, Atton wasn't planned to be in, so he's just the kind of a filler type you'd expect.

#20 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:35 AM

Meh, I still liked Atton.

Mandalore was cool, too.