Photo

Ready already or never be done?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Piligrim

Piligrim
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:41 PM

Maybe I'm too late, and maybe I'm last men in the world who still playing in BG2, but I want to now - Imoen Relationship mod is done?? Or, if not, work is still going? Tell me the truth,please.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. Hard childhood in Soviet Union.

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:46 PM

Imoen Relationship is on hold until Return to Windspear (another mod in which Quitch works) is finished. Account, duh, at the very least one year and an half for RtW (I'm very optimistic), and then Quitch can start to work on this one.

PS: your english is OK, don't worry :)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Piligrim

Piligrim
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:37 PM

Oh, great... :angry: Anyway, my hope is still alive. :wacko:
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong."

#4 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:13 PM

**OFF TOPIC***

Has anyone noticed that most of the cats who post "Sorry about my English I am from <insert country>, tend to type at least as well as those of us who speak/type English as a first Language?

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#5 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:20 PM

You can thank the public schools system for that. ;)

#6 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:49 PM

Nay, I wouldn't go as far as blaming our crumbling public education. I attended public schools and most of my teachers were excellent. I'd say it's because kids (I'm 25, btw) nowadays speak in slang; i.e. ebonics and l33t sp3ak- don't even get me started on that.

#7 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:14 AM

Why is that "l337 $p34k" necessary anyway? It's hard to read, and makes one look less intelligent when compared to using standard English or American, whichever you prefer.

English is not my native language either, by the way.

#8 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:51 AM

"1337 $p34k" is mostly used by so called "1337 h4x0rs" who are mostly teens with the need to appear cool, different than others, and it is what their friends tend to use so...

Edit: I don't speak English as my native language either.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 04 July 2005 - 12:54 AM.

#9 Qualidor

Qualidor
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:47 PM

"1337 $p34k" is mostly used by so called "1337 h4x0rs" who are mostly teens with the need to appear cool, different than others, and it is what their friends tend to use so...

English is my first language and I have no idea what you guys just said... :blink:

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

That happens on occasion. :P

#11 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:53 PM

mostly teens with the need to appear cool, different than others, and it is what their friends tend to use so...

View Post

heh. Different than others and what their friends tend to use should logically be a total contradiction, but it's so true.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#12 Western Paladin

Western Paladin
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:21 AM

**OFF TOPIC***

Has anyone noticed that most of the cats who post "Sorry about my English I am from <insert country>, tend to type at least as well as those of us who speak/type English as a first Language?

View Post

Because English is the international language of business and everyone needs to learn at least a little of it. By the way, I'm originally from Argentina and everyone in my family speaks English.

"Peace will come, but whether born of harmony or entropy I cannot say."

-- Oracle en-Vec

#13 CaenJade

CaenJade
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:18 AM

Actually American public schools (and schools as a whole) are going in the toilet. It's not the teachers (who tend to be very good) however, it's the kids. There has been a steady decline in "general inelligence" for about the last four generations in America. Yes it is fact, the government however does not release the results of the studies to the general public for fear of reprisals (not getting re-elected).

#14 Black Mage

Black Mage

Stabbity Hadoken!

• 167 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:23 AM

Imoen Relationship is on hold until Return to Windspear (another mod in which Quitch works) is finished. Account, duh, at the very least one year and an half for RtW (I'm very optimistic), and then Quitch can start to work on this one.

PS: your english is OK, don't worry  :)

View Post

Optimistically, a year and a half just to have work resumed?!

... words fail me. :crying:

PS> I'm not a native English speaker either, and greetings to my fellow Rioplatense. :cheers:
Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

#15 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:52 PM

It's very silent in here. Makes me feel worried.

Call me a fool, but I always thought Imoen should speak up a little more (yes, you heard right, more).
I think she and Minsc acts mostly like just CHARNAMES followers, and add a little talk every now and then, although rarely with CHARNAME himself.

I cannot wait to see what Quitch is gonna do with this mod.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#16 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:47 PM

My experience of English classes in the UK was that they stank. A total lack of focus on proper grammar... then again my secondary school used to get poor English results, so it may just have been them. I owe any English writing skills I have to the glory of the Internet.