Sound problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:56 PM

I know that I should not post this problem here, but I am only doing so because I've tried general BGII forums and am not finding any solution that helps me.
I've started a new game and now all of the character voices are so soft that I cannot hear them, or else barely hear them. The problem seemed to start after I decided to try the Under Represented Items mod, but I've since uninstalled and reinstalled BGII-TOB and my fave mods, which have never caused problems before. I've tried entering and exiting from an indoor to an outdoor spot, and still no voices. I've also tried to adjust the volumns and still no audible voices. These are the things that the forums I've found suggested but they don't work for me.
I have the game installed (full install), Edwin, Kelsey, Valen, Solaufein, Keto, GROA, Dungeon be gone, Banter pack, NPC flirts, and Unfinished Business. I have only just recently been trying out Keto in my party, but I only installed her after the voice problem had already been underway.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice. :blush:

#2 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:48 AM

:blush:
Never mind. Laufey, you can delete this post if you like, it is that embarrassing.
After messing around with all this for hours my brother came over to my house and after a few minutes hit upon my problem. All he did was turn off my environmental audio in the sound options.
Maybe some other newbies can learn from my mistake.
By the way, I've played pretty far with Edwin and UB and so far no problems.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:12 AM

Just have to say, Laufey, thanks for keeping me perpetually embarrassed with this stupid question :D Just kidding. Sincerely, I hope it helps others. I have since discovered that Baldurdash helps with the Edwin soundset (for those others who experience him going silent after the Edwina storyline). Like I said, I am not new to BG or BGII but am not savvy with computers. The simplest things sometimes give me trouble. I have since got a new notebook computer and the mods I listed previously now work okay. I just have the Baldurdash fix for Edwin's audio and turned off the environmental sounds and I am so far okay. I have seen that other people have had similar problems and if they are reading this one maybe my comments will help.

#4 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:29 AM

I'll keep it up if that's all right - as you correctly say, perhaps it will help somebody else. ;)