Hmmm... no Mac for you?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -silas-

-silas-

Posted 09 July 2005 - 03:26 PM

May I safely assume, based on all the talk of .bat files in the "crashing" thread, that this is not a Mac-friendly mod?

#2 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:12 AM

it's not a mac-friendly mod, but it could be. I know quite nothing of mac... rar files work on mac? the mac version of bg2 has a .tlk, an override folder and a chitin.key? is there a way to run "tisunpack.exe"?

if one answer is "no", there is no chance to see a mac compatible version. :(

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#3 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

it's not a mac-friendly mod, but it could be. I know quite nothing of mac... rar files work on mac? the mac version of bg2 has a .tlk, an override folder and a chitin.key? is there a way to run "tisunpack.exe"?

if one answer is "no", there is no chance to see a mac compatible version. :(

View Post

WeiDU mods would only need a Mac compiled WeiDU.exe and tispack.exe (available from Adventurer's Spa and Grill, or whatever is its name, check the modlist), the rest of the stuff is the same as Windows. Also, bats need to be reworked.

However, installer such as yours cannot work - stick to RAR and WeiDU.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#4 -silas-

-silas-

Posted 10 July 2005 - 03:28 PM

Yah, WeiDU is pretty platform-agnostic -- even if you use the Windows WeiDU for your mod, players can just use the Mac WeiDU after the fact to install the mod. You just have to make sure that all slashes in the .tp2 are forward-slashes ("/"), except fot those in regexp lines, which should remain backslashes ("\"). With the slashes like that the .tp2 will work on both platforms.

And there is a version of tispack that runs on unix. .bat files would have to be replaced with .sh shell scripts; some mods just put both .bat and .sh scripts in and let the installer work out which gets called.

The only big substitution is in mods that do converting of .ogg files - on the Mac you have to use a unix program called sox instead of the Windows converter.

Adventurers' Spa and Grill is a good place to start; and G3 makes mods for both platforms, you could look inside a couple of theirs to see how they do it. Finally, a few google searches will also uncover all the requisite info posted on various web forums like this one.

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

I'd point to G3 Anniversary as probably our best example of Win/OS X conversion as it utilizes tispack, oggdec/sox, and batch files/shell scripts. The shell scripts are fairly simple, though, so if you do anything more complicated I'm sure the Spa & Grill folks would be more than willing to help.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#6 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

very well... I think a mac-version will be released soon. it'll not be a real "setup", just a simple .rar but it should work.

give me a week ;)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#7 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:08 PM

If there's anything I can do to help, just holler. :)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#8 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

be sure I'll bother you in the next days :) ... oh, yep, thank you :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#9 -trance1881-

-trance1881-

Posted 24 September 2005 - 01:01 PM

I was wondering, is there any update about Return to Trademeet being made for Macs. :)

#10 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:31 AM

the mac version will be contemporary with the new windows version (1.4)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg