Comments on "Divine Lineage"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#1 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

I've read Divine Lineage at www.fanfiction.net., and I'm glad to see it here.  I like the direction the story is taking.  Sometimes it helps not having the game's entire dialogue be paraphrased; I usually find originality to have more substance. ;)

As far as your English goes, let?s just say that some native speakers are worst off than you are.  If you need help with proofreading, I'm sure some fellow gamers wouldn't mind giving you a hand.   :)   Me, I'm no Shakespeare... but I do know what I like.

#2 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:13 AM

I'd be willing to help out with proofreading, but then again, my writing style isn't particularly good either. :mellow:

I'm glad you're back with a new story. It's always a pleasure to partake in your active imagination. ^.^

崇高滑稽
·

#3 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:57 AM

I've read Divine Lineage at www.fanfiction.net., and I'm glad to see it here.  I like the direction the story is taking.  Sometimes it helps not having the game's entire dialogue be paraphrased; I usually find originality to have more substance. ;)

As far as your English goes, let?s just say that some native speakers are worst off than you are.  If you need help with proofreading, I'm sure some fellow gamers wouldn't mind giving you a hand.  :)  Me, I'm no Shakespeare... but I do know what I like.

View Post

Thanks so much Vita Muerte. There'll be more originality later on, I promised. :)

#4 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:59 AM

I'd be willing to help out with proofreading, but then again, my writing style isn't particularly good either.  :mellow:

I'm glad you're back with a new story. It's always a pleasure to partake in your active imagination.  ^.^

View Post

Lightspeed, I'm so glad you like it. :) Jolyth's helping me with the proofreading, though I haven't finish writing the next chapter yet.

Thank you so much for offering. :D

#5 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:31 PM

I hold with Lightspeed. -_- . I always enjoy reading your imaginative work, which is always superb in both plot, characters, and flow. And as a second language writer, Celestine, you are magnificent! :Bow:
Can't wait for the next installment! ^_^

Edit: By the way, Lightspeed, it's not ethical to lie to potential people you're helping. :) . You are a fantastic writer. ;)

Edited by Shadowhawke, 15 July 2005 - 11:42 PM.

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#6 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:14 AM

lol, thanks so much Shadowhawke. Next installment is posted. Work's keeping me very busy but I hope to at least post a chapter each week. Fingers cross. :)

#7 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:41 AM

I like the new chapter, Celestine. Interesting inner battle with the Slayer and the inner struggle with Bhaal, and also nice kind of completion to the chapter. Nice work. :)

#8 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:53 AM

Thanks Shadowhawke. :)

#9 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:42 AM

No problem, Celestine. You deserve it. Now, eagerly awaiting the next chapter. :) ^_^

#10 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:23 PM

Thanks Shadowhawke. :) Next installment will be this weekend (hopefully), I had only typed a few paragraphs so far. Bloody job of mine takes up far too much of my weekend. :glare:

#11 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:04 PM

Great job! :coolthumb: Sorry, I hadn't commented earlier, but my attention span suffered severely this last week. Anyway, you seem to have a knack for writing very realistic battle scenes; it almost feels as though you were there. I love the Imoen-Rivian interaction, btw. Can?t wait for your next chapter. :)

P.S. Don?t work too hard. ;)

#12 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 05:22 AM

Thanks Vita. I'm hoping to write something later or tomorrow. My boss's still not letting me off even on a Saturday. >.<

#13 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:57 AM

Nice new installment, Celestine! Aww... poor Ano. :P . Still, nicely written on the part of the Tree of Life. ;)

#14 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:29 PM

Thanks Shadowhawke.

#15 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:18 PM

I have enjoyed reading "Divine Lineage". I especially enjoy how you have written the battle scenes. I look forward to reading more when you have time to post some more of the story.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#16 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:59 PM

Thanks. I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. Things have been hell busy for me and it kinda got worse when I dropped everything and went on a 3-weeks vacation. Well, I'm back and hope to start writing soon. Thanks for the reading and reviewing.

#17 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:17 AM

Thanks. I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. Things have been hell busy for me and it kinda got worse when I dropped everything and went on a 3-weeks vacation. Well, I'm back and hope to start writing soon. Thanks for the reading and reviewing.

View Post

That's okay, Celestine. :hug: . We're all glad you got a well-deserved vacation. :)

#18 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:17 AM

Welcome back. :)

I think I speak for everyone when I say we're eagerly waiting for more. ^_^

崇高滑稽
·

#19 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:00 AM

I'm back and should have a new chapter by this week. :) *fingers crossed* Thanks everyone for your comments and support. That really help me going.

#20 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:07 AM

I'm back and should have a new chapter by this week. :) *fingers crossed* Thanks everyone for your comments and support. That really help me going.

Welcome back, Celestine! Cool new chapter. The tactics shown in the final battle are interesting... the idea of the two Slayers battling it out is quite... ironic? Wrong word... but you know what I mean. Good to see you back. :)