• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:24 AM

Wow, this is amazing and an unusual take. That makes her a dwelf, a rare and interesting breed. A drow killer, now, that'll be interesting when she meets Drizzt. hehe.

#2 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:12 AM

Wow, this is amazing and an unusual take. That makes her a dwelf, a rare and interesting breed.  A drow killer, now, that'll be interesting when she meets Drizzt. hehe.

View Post

A touch Mary-sueish with the unique race-it just really irked me that only humans seemed to breed with other races.

Drizzt, hmm. Realistically Shann would get her butt kicked if she tried fighting him, but she might be nuts enough to do it.
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)

#3 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

Yes, I agree with the interesting take. Nice work on that. :) As for the Drizzt problem? Couldn't he convince her he was good or something?

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#4 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:03 PM

Yes, I agree with the interesting take. Nice work on that. :) As for the Drizzt problem? Couldn't he convince her he was good or something?

View Post

That'll depend on how much a fanatic she is about her drow killing hobby, wouldn't it. :D

#5 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:52 PM

View Post

I thought I'd change the 'Bhaalspawn from Candlekeep' standard story.

Drizzt, well, not saying she will meet him, but if Shann won't believe he's good her companions might.

#6 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:53 AM

Nice new chapter. Getting a tad darker now, isn't it? I'm interested to see where you'll take this, so I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter. :)

#7 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:26 AM

Nice new chapter. Getting a tad darker now, isn't it? I'm interested to see where you'll take this, so I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.  :)

View Post

It will get darker yet, since Shann isn't through listening to Daddy.

#8 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:29 PM

Interesting, I don't think I've seen anyone before have a dwelf as the hero, or in this case the anti-hero. I gotta say I was expecting this to be your typical BG story, but after reading the first paragraph, boy was I wrong. The thing that really pissed me off about BioWare is that they severely limited the amount of races to pick from. :new_bottom: *end of rant*

I just hope poor Drizzt doesn't happen to run into Shann any time soon. :P

#9 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:39 AM

Interesting new chapter. I must admit, I was thrown when you introduced Sarevok. Nice touch. Also getting darker still...
I have to say, it was only at night after a few hours of playing BGI or II sometimes that I fully realized potentially how dark the story was. AFter all, the God of Murder isn't exactly a light thing, and you've shown that well.

#10 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:25 PM

Interesting, I don't think I've seen anyone before have a dwelf as the hero, or in this case the anti-hero.  I gotta say I was expecting this to be your typical BG story, but after reading the first paragraph, boy was I wrong.  The thing that really pissed me off about BioWare is that they severely limited the amount of races to pick from.  :new_bottom: *end of rant* 

I just hope poor Drizzt doesn't happen to run into Shann any time soon.  :P

View Post

I was trying to be different, but some parts of the game will make it into the story later.

The limited races was annoying, especially when Bhaal seemed to mate with every species there was-Giants, Kobalds, Dragons ... :blink:

#11 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

Interesting new chapter. I must admit, I was thrown when you introduced Sarevok. Nice touch. Also getting darker still...

Sarevok will show up again in later chapters, along with the Candlekeep Bhaalspawn.
And darker, yep, more to come too.

I have to say, it was only at night after a few hours of playing BGI or II sometimes that I fully realized potentially how dark the story was. AFter all, the God of Murder isn't exactly a light thing, and you've shown that well.

View Post

I see the taint as almost addictive. If it feels good to kill-then a Bhaalspawn will be tempted to find 'reasons' to kill again.

#12 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:43 PM

Good to see you back again, Little Dragon, and with a great new chapter as well. :) . So doth enter the Candlekeep two. :) . Shann is becoming more and more interesting as you write her, and you're adding more depth as you go along. I really like the plot you've made. Nice work. :) :new_thumbs:

#13 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

Thanks Shadowhawke, I'm trying to keep the plot consistent with BG without following the game storyline too closely.

#14 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:44 PM

In that, I think you're doing very well. I look forwards to reading more. :)

#15 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:37 AM

Awesome chapter, Little Dragon. :) . Things are really starting to come together now... I really like the way this is going, and I can't wait to see more! You have a nice, clear, even style about your writing as you detail the events which works very well for your story. Eagerly anticipating your next chapter. ^_^

#16 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:22 PM

I've just read it, like half of it, in one shot. Very interesting. Very nice, the idea of the taint being addictive, and how it "switched" from Shann to Sarevok. I'm just curious to see how Shann will finally (if she does) get completely rid of her addiction.

It's nice how you portrayed Sarevok and his ambition. :Bow:

So, waiting for the next chapter :) When is it gonna be up??? hm??????
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!

#17 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:55 PM

Nice interplay between the characters in this one, Little Dragon. I must admit, it's intriguing seeing different facets of her heritage and blood serve to either stand in Shann's way or aid her. Looking forward to the next chapter. :) ^_^

#18 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for the feedback Shadowhawke and Delreidai.

The taint does have different effects on people. Strength or weakness depending on how it's used. The choice to use it is not always easy, and Shann won't be the only one to find that out.

#19 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:16 AM

And so the plot thickens...

I do like your descriptions of things, Little Dragon. :) . Along with the wonderful humour that you can inject into every situation, not to mention your ingenious ideas. This chapter seems to have moved the plot along again quite nicely. :) . Eagerly looking forward to the next chapter! ^_^

#20 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:37 PM

Oh, interesting new action :)
Just repeating my appreciation of that story :D
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!